Terrorism (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
What I read in our microcosm, and this forum is a fair representation of the real world, is that the Americans seem to suspect that the USA is a terror target due to radicals being "jealous of American freedom". This is ridiculous. France and Italy are freer societies than the USA and are targeted far less than the USA.

The Eurpoeans suggest that USA is a target due to it's unwavering support of Israel. I believe this to be true, but the Europeans are condemning us for it as well, which is wrong.

The USA was instrumental in the creation of Israel after the Second World War. This was necessary because Hitler launched a campaign to eliminate the Jews from existence, and most of Europe went right along with him. It was necessary to provide the Jews with a homeland because Hitler and the Europeans (Not you, England) made it necessary. Even today, you posters from Europe all seem to have a healthy dose of anti-semitism in your posts. I see the feelings toward Jews has not changed in Europe in the last 60 years. Address your own hate issues instead of blaming America for all that is wrong with the world. Does Israel commit terrible acts against humanity? Absolutely. But everybody knows that if the USA dropped Israel and Israel could not defend itself, it would disappear and the extermination would begin anew. This must not happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Very well put, Robert.

The sooner the conflict gets resolved, the safer the whole world, not just the US and its allies will be.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

:thumb: At least I posted without mentioning masturbation, for a change.
Which poses another question.

Do terrorists masturbate? And what do they think about when they masturbate?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #646
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Its not about "hate" towards politicians, Andy

Its about "hate" towards others countries.......

I dont go on about Bosnia being the b itch to Russia for all those years (and it was), about the Iron Curtain, and when Russia's cpmmunist machine crashed, so did the rest of communism in that area (coincidence ?? I think not)

Zlatan, you are a hippocrite !! You complain about "personal attacks". What do you call the way you spoke to Nick ??? A friendly conversation ??

I , being a proud American, am getting sick and tired of your anti-American rants. And some other ppl here feel the same way as well..........

And btw- I graduated from college, majoring in both criminal justice, and physical education.........

Well, if you did any reseach you'd see that Yugoslavia (since Bosnia wasnt an independant country at the time) and Tito actually were one of the few communist countries that stood up to Stalin, and things were especially heated during the Tito-Stalin colnflict in 1948. Yugoslavia was the most liberal of all communist coutries, and in some ways more liberal that USA at that time. And the fall of Yugoslavia has nothing to do with the collapse of Russia, but with the death of Tito in 1980.

And I have said time after time after time: I have nothing against America as a nation, I just dont like its leaders.

P.S. Good for you, you must be proud.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    What I read in our microcosm, and this forum is a fair representation of the real world, is that the Americans seem to suspect that the USA is a terror target due to radicals being "jealous of American freedom". This is ridiculous. France and Italy are freer societies than the USA and are targeted far less than the USA.
    Some Americans think that, and to an extent they are right. It's pretty clear that terrorists see America as the Great Satan with our permissive society. The 9/11 terrorists clearly came to this country, indulged in our alcohol and strip bars, and condemned it all the meanwhile (go figure).

If you look around where you live and the opportunities aren't there, if there's poverty and a feeling of being oppressed, you're going be pretty darn resentful of anyone nearby you not living under those circumstances. (Many Germans did it with Jews after the fallout from WW I, paving a path to the policies in WW II.) Particularly if you go back in history to a time when your civilization was once one of the world's glories -- there's a temptation to listen to the religious zealots and try to set the clock back to former glories. And the West in general, and the U.S today in specific as the ultimate symbol of the West, also represents what took that away from them.

(And regarding economic privilege, I can actually see how anyone would resent the U.S. in, say, much the same way people in Silicon Valley start-ups can often resent Microsoft.)

Now the U.S. obsession to support Israel at all costs (historically driven by Cold War alliances more than anything else in the past, and these days perhaps driven more by the Christian Right) is a factor for sure. But I just don't buy that it's just an Israel thing. I think that's part of it, and it's an easy thing to point to. But it's insufficient. It's also about U.S. influence and presence in the Arab world.

And for the record, of course terrorists masturbate. What else are they going to do with their hands when they're not flying planes into buildings as they think about their 72 virgins in the afterlife?? :skull:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

And for the record, of course terrorists masturbate. What else are they going to do with their hands when they're not flying planes into buildings as they think about their 72 virgins in the afterlife?? :skull:
    Funny you should mention that. Pado and myself were just discussing that about 20 minutes ago:D

In regards to your assesment that the current administrations support of Israel is due to the Christian Right, wouldn't that be considered a little odd, when you factor in that one of the fundemental differences between Christianity and Judaism is the belief that Christ is in fact the Messiah?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

:LOL: Good stuff.

I agree that some terrorist views are based on jealously. That hate must stem from somewhere, and jealousy is certainly one aspect of it.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

Frankly, I'm sick and tired at everyone here who seems to have an agenda with the United States feel free to go off on tangents and criticzie our country, our government, our president, and its IQ of its people, yet the american particpants of this forum never say a bad word about anyone else's country or government, because God forbid if we did, we would be branded as the Ugly Americans that the majority of the people on this forum have us branded out to be anyway.

I've got news for you, Fabi. American particpants in this forum have to work twice as hard to get half the respect that some other people do, and its solely because of where we come from. they see "American", and they think we know nothing of football or the world, so there is already a negative connotation towards us.
    You may not agree, but I think the biggest reason why Americans or the USA in general gets a lot of critisizm compared to other counties is not because of jealousy or hate. It's because the USA is the world's leader (whether other countires like it or not). Everything that goes on here is always under eveyones microscope. That's why this country is critisized more. Also, It's the world's most influential country, so it has links everywhere and in so many issues.

Whenever the USA makes a mistake, the mistake is magnified because much is expected form the world's most powerfull.

There's an Arabic saying that I used to hear often in school: "The good student's mistake is like a 1000 mistakes!" This is just meant to show that the leader is naturally under more pressure and scrutiny.

I know it's frustrating Serge, but please don't confuse this with natural hate or envy.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    But I do think jealously makes people hate America, at least in some anti-American groups Ive seen in South America that are Anti-Yankees, anti-Bush, anti-capitalism, pro-communism

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

In regards to your assesment that the current administrations support of Israel is due to the Christian Right, wouldn't that be considered a little odd , when you factor in that one of the fundemental differences between Christianity and Judaism is the belief that Christ is in fact the Messiah?
    This article shows that it isn't that odd. From Aljazeera

I doubt that the majority of christians look at the situation like Pat Robertson does, but they're still a considerable number.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    In regards to your assesment that the current administrations support of Israel is due to the Christian Right, wouldn't that be considered a little odd, when you factor in that one of the fundemental differences between Christianity and Judaism is the belief that Christ is in fact the Messiah?
    It definitely seems very odd, depending on your perspective. Particularly when you think of the historical persecution Jews received from Christians for being "Christ Killers" (and all the bloody baby-eating stuff that followed from the bigger hysterics and conspiracy theorists).

But if you go to the present, you get this very bizarre fundamentalist support for Israel among the Christian Right over, of all things, the restoration of a Jewish Temple on the Mount. Basically, the Israelites become a "tool" for these fundamentalist believers to achieve a prophecy (in some interpretations of scripture) that says Christ's second coming begins with that, red cows, and a lot of other phantasic stuff. (And no, I am not making this up.)

So we have a lot of people who think they can accelerate the coming of "Rapture" on earth by closing the gap of what is with what's presumed in some arguably fringe-like biblical interpretations. And one of the pieces of that puzzle, according to these interpretations, is ensuring that God's "chosen people" get their temple back.

I don't get it myself either, but then I also don't believe that the earth was created in 6 days.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    This article shows that it isn't that odd. From Aljazeera

I doubt that the majority of christians look at the situation like Pat Robertson does, but they're still a considerable number.
    Pat Robertson's "Apocalypse Now!" political agenda scares me in the way that the Heaven's Gate cult would scare me if it were trying to influence American politics. (That is, if they didn't all kill themselves 8 years ago.) Just replace a Jewish Temple on the Mount for Comet Hale-Bopp and God for UFOs, and the similarities are scary. :eek:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)