Terrorism (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The Temple Mount will always be a problem between both Muslims and Jews.

Both revere this as one of their most holy sites

There will never be a compromise here.............................................

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

You may not agree, but I think the biggest reason why Americans or the USA in general gets a lot of critisizm compared to other counties is not because of jealousy or hate. It's because the USA is the world's leader (whether other countires like it or not). Everything that goes on here is always under eveyones microscope. That's why this country is critisized more. Also, It's the world's most influential country, so it has links everywhere and in so many issues.

Whenever the USA makes a mistake, the mistake is magnified because much is expected form the world's most powerfull.

There's an Arabic saying that I used to hear often in school: "The good student's mistake is like a 1000 mistakes!" This is just meant to show that the leader is naturally under more pressure and scrutiny.

I know it's frustrating Serge, but please don't confuse this with natural hate or envy.
So what do you call flying planes into buildings and forming terrorist schools to teach young boys to hate America? They would not be taught to hate America if that didn't stem from natural hate. It's as simple as that.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

So what do you call flying planes into buildings and forming terrorist schools to teach young boys to hate America? They would not be taught to hate America if that didn't stem from natural hate. It's as simple as that.
I was referring to the post where Serge said he was tired of the anti-America attitude here and the general critizing of the USA's actions around the world. :lazy:

Unless Zlatan, Ibrahimovic9...etc. flew planes into buildings :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I was referring to the post where Serge said he was tired of the anti-America attitude here and the general critizing of the USA's actions around the world. :lazy:

:lazy: I was referring to the terrorist's jealousy which you've stated is non-existent in the past. ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

:lazy: I was referring to the terrorist's jealousy which you've stated is non-existent in the past. ;)
It would help to quote the accurate post then.

about terrorists:
Yes. They hate the USA. no doubt about that.
but if you think that the hate's origin is jealousy, then you have it ALL wrong. They despise US. If they are jealous of anything, it would only be jealousy of the US government's power only. They can't stand the way you live, they don't want to live that way.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002

I know that Z-man has not flown any planes into buildings, but I can't speak as to the rest. I did see an add where somebody drove a Yugo off a cliff, trying to jump the ravene.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Its fun living between Camp David and the underground Pentagon (Site R). You gotta love hearing choppers flying over your house at all times of the day.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Its fun living between Camp David and the underground Pentagon (Site R). You gotta love hearing choppers flying over your house at all times of the day.

.. you been watching Will Farrell's SNL "Deep Thought?"

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
"Remember thata time when we soaked each other's corks? What year was that, ah 68? Or was ita 70? Ahh lets just say in between 68 and 70."
that was the best part :D

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
How fvcked up must I be? Dude, I dont know if you're American or not, but Americans are generally ignorant about the rest of the world. Did you live here?

I stand by my thoughts, Yugoslavias communism during Tito was much more humane than capitalism.

How fvcked up must you be to support Bush the way you do. And everything I said about Bush is true. I'm willing to bet my life that I, and most members here, not you tho, have a higher IQ than good =l' Dubya.
You say some of the most anti-american stuff I've ever heard. People could easily mistake you for Osama Bin Laden himself. Blah blah Bush, blah blah American idiots, blah blah. Do me a favor and shut the hell up Milosevic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sure, the U.S. has committed its fair share of atrocities and war crimes. And the U.S. regularly acts unilaterally in self-interest, it often has an, "F U, world" attitude, and its form of capitalism has a dark, consumerist underbelly that devalues people.

But I have a few friends overseas who cop this ridiculous "holier than thou" attitude about the U.S. -- like their own home nations aren't at least as f*%$ed up if not moreso (often in different ways), haven't committed their own share of self-interested atrocities, and as if their nations have contributed anything more than a negligible betterment of the entire world in the past century. While they're first in line to whine about some international issue involving the U.S., they're often the first to go running to the U.S. to do something to help a situation.

They're just throwing stones in glass houses. I don't believe in unilateral good or evil stereotypes for any nation. I'd like to believe that I am very critical of the U.S.'s problems as much as I appreciate the many good reasons for why I live here. But it's just ludicrous to have to tell someone who is vociferously complaining to get off their high horse when they're riding around on a turtle.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
The Temple Mount will always be a problem between both Muslims and Jews.
Well there's always some religious point to every struggle. It seems religion is the cause of all evil and to be honest, I think its all a bit pathetic.

I saw a picture the other week of some iraqi children and young adults celebrating the fact that a US tank had been blown up just behind them. What a bunch of complete and utter pr!cks. To think we actually went out there with the intention of laying down our lives to help these people! Then yet another innocent is taken prisoner.. do these people ever stop. IMO for every hostage beheaded we should blow up an insurgents' temple/mosque. That oughtta stop 'em. Or else simply pull out and let the country fall to bits.. its probably what the majority of its people deserve at this point.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Well there's always some religious point to every struggle. It seems religion is the cause of all evil and to be honest, I think its all a bit pathetic.

I saw a picture the other week of some iraqi children and young adults celebrating the fact that a US tank had been blown up just behind them. What a bunch of complete and utter pr!cks. To think we actually went out there with the intention of laying down our lives to help these people! Then yet another innocent is taken prisoner.. do these people ever stop. IMO for every hostage beheaded we should blow up an insurgents' temple/mosque. That oughtta stop 'em. Or else simply pull out and let the country fall to bits.. its probably what the majority of its people deserve at this point.
This is where you're wrong.
1. We never went there to help. No offense Tom, but I didn't know there are still naive people who believe all that BS that was said at the begining of the war. BTW, who ever said that those people asked for help?
2. Blow up a mosque... briliiant! that'll make you better than terrorists :rolleyes:
3. Their country has been "fallling into bits" for two years now and the war has been deviding our own countries.

You should be more pi$$ed off that our troops are putting their lives on the line for other reasons.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
1. I don't care what the governments' motives were but the people who I actually give two shits about, ie the guys that actually have to lay their lives on the line are doing it to help others.

2. Nevermind, it would be a hell of a lot more effective than what we're doing now. If people saw that every time these idiots beheaded someone they'd lose a mosque.. well I'm sure they'd lose support very very quickly

3. Well yeah, but at least before they had an organised dictatorship, which is surely better than having thousands of random idiots from all sorts of foreign terror groups running around blowing people up whenever they please... not that I'm condoning Saddam's actions but the state of the country now is surely worse than it was before he was deposed.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #680
    ++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++

You say some of the most anti-american stuff I've ever heard. People could easily mistake you for Osama Bin Laden himself. Blah blah Bush, blah blah American idiots, blah blah. Do me a favor and shut the hell up Milosevic.
    Who the hell are you now and what do you want? And no I wont do you a favour and shut up. And what is "Milosevic" supposed to mean?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)