Terrorism (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Besides Vin, I thought you were above personal insults.
That's why I'm doing my best to stay away from this conversation.

Why do you guys have to insult one another to defend your views? Come on, this is not the matter of life and death!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
:down: I'm really sad that insulting started in here... Respect should be the keyword when it comes to political debaits...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

That's a great question I wish I had the answer to. All I can make of it is that it's cultural. If you look at our cultural heroes, how many among them are Nobel Laureates, PhDs, or even just critical thinkers? Of the PhDs who are cultural heroes in this country, they are doctors in title but are otherwise Bubba-fied to relate as a regular guy like you (Dr. Phil, for example).

No wonder some people say you get the government you deserve.
That seems to be the case. The Elections are basically like a popularity contest, in which the candidate who makes the most attacks and jokes about the opposing candidate thinks he can gain the upper hand. Sad but true, thats all some citizens can understand is personal attacks, rather than what is actually going on. Its like two candidates speaking to a mass of idiots in the debates.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Exactly Andy, and thats why Bush is a clear image of the (most) american people.
So we're a mass of idiots now.

Again, the constant slagging of the US and its people is not only redundant, but getting to the point where its quite offensive.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

Again, the constant slagging of the US and its people is not only redundant, but getting to the point where its quite offensive.
Sergio, as bad as it sounds, you gotta admit that most american people are quite ignorant. Not that I wanna insult anyone or disrespect you and your country/culture (in fact i chose the USA to come and live for a year) but thats the truth and you just gotta accept it, and hope that the education here increases.

I met an american guy in Cancun that had no idea were my country was located (not the first time to something like this happen to me) he said "oh Venezuela? Thats a beautiful country in Africa right?"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I wasn't calling our people a mass of idiots, thats only how the candidates seem to portray their case towards us.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Well sometimes "hate" towards politicians gets the better of a select few.
Its not about "hate" towards politicians, Andy

Its about "hate" towards others countries.......

I dont go on about Bosnia being the b itch to Russia for all those years (and it was), about the Iron Curtain, and when Russia's cpmmunist machine crashed, so did the rest of communism in that area (coincidence ?? I think not)

Zlatan, you are a hippocrite !! You complain about "personal attacks". What do you call the way you spoke to Nick ??? A friendly conversation ??

I , being a proud American, am getting sick and tired of your anti-American rants. And some other ppl here feel the same way as well..........

And btw- I graduated from college, majoring in both criminal justice, and physical education.........

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Sergio, as bad as it sounds, you gotta admit that most american people are quite ignorant. Not that I wanna insult anyone or disrespect you and your country/culture (in fact i chose the USA to come and live for a year) but thats the truth and you just gotta accept it, and hope that the education here increases.

I met an american guy in Cancun that had no idea were my country was located (not the first time to something like this happen to me) he said "oh Venezuela? Thats a beautiful country in Africa right?"
Frankly, I'm sick and tired at everyone here who seems to have an agenda with the United States feel free to go off on tangents and criticzie our country, our government, our president, and its IQ of its people, yet the american particpants of this forum never say a bad word about anyone else's country or government, because God forbid if we did, we would be branded as the Ugly Americans that the majority of the people on this forum have us branded out to be anyway.

I've got news for you, Fabi. American particpants in this forum have to work twice as hard to get half the respect that some other people do, and its solely because of where we come from. they see "American", and they think we know nothing of football or the world, so there is already a negative connotation towards us.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

Frankly, I'm sick and tired at everyone here who seems to have an agenda with the United States feel free to go off on tangents and criticzie our country, our government, our president, and its IQ of its people, yet the american particpants of this forum never say a bad word about anyone else's country or government, because God forbid if we did, we would be branded as the Ugly Americans that the majority of the people on this forum have us branded out to be anyway.
Thank you Sergio !!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

You can say that about any country really. Everybody will have their fair share of idiots around them. But I would not say most Americans are idiots, as the word "most" seems to me over 75%, which is not true. Our college systems are filled with new prospects, including myself, almost to the capacity.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Hey, thats completely true and you know being a citizen of the #1 country in the World has its bad things too. Right now being "anti-Bush" or "anti-the-stupid-americans-who-invaded-Iraq" is the cool thing and sometimes most people just follow those trends just because theyre cool. (Example: like 10 korean people in my classes that are 100% anti-Bush, but didnt even watch one debate, have no idea what Kerry supports)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

You can say that about any country really. Everybody will have their fair share of idiots around them. But I would not say most Americans are idiots, as the word "most" seems to me over 75%, which is not true. Our college systems are filled with new prospects, including myself, almost to the capacity.
Just to know, how many americans attend and succesfully graduate from college?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I've got news for you, Fabi. American particpants in this forum have to work twice as hard to get half the respect that some other people do, and its solely because of where we come from. they see "American", and they think we know nothing of football or the world, so there is already a negative connotation towards us.
Great post Sergio. Its not a cake walk to get respect in this country. Many people I know who deserve it, never get it. So to put down the country as a whole is just wrong.

And like I said before to a few people here, its too easy to criticise.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Hey, thats completely true and you know being a citizen of the #1 country in the World has its bad things too. Right now being "anti-Bush" or "anti-the-stupid-americans-who-invaded-Iraq" is the cool thing and sometimes most people just follow those trends just because theyre cool. (Example: like 10 korean people in my classes that are 100% anti-Bush, but didnt even watch one debate, have no idea what Kerry supports)
Not to be racist or anything, those are Koreans. That right there shows being Anti-Bush is popular outside of the U.S., more like a fad. And some foreigners expect us to open our ears to what they have to say. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what the number of college graduates in the U.S. is per year, but the numbers must be high. Just look at how many colleges and universities we have here, and the competition to get in to one.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Something REALLY bad has to happen for the people to realize and get conscious that their vote will count and that YOU can make a difference, and that if you dont vote youre putting your future into the hands of someone you didnt even elect

It happened in Venezuela six years ago when people didnt care about who won, and now look how most venezuelans are educated in national politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)