Terrorism (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Bin Laden is not a terrorist. He funds and coordinates terrorism and his stated goals change to suit his audience and the climate. I'm talking about the people who actually give up their lives in order to further a cause that they believe in deeply.
So someone who gets another person to kill someone for them isn't a murder because they didn't actually pull the trigger? Bin Laden is worse because he brainwashes those other people to give their lives for his causes. You are right, he isn't a terrorist because he is a coward. He certinaly isn't willing to go risk his life, he just has others do it for him.

But if you fund and coordinate terrorism, then there is no question: you are a terrorist. To say he isn't is just absurd.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Yeah, we REALLY torture people........

Have you seen the beheadings of all these innocent people by your Muslim brothers ????? Killing innocent people in the name of Islam.........
I dont think they were left with much choice. it was a desperate call.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Ian made few good points there, after all one third of the world hates America, there's got to be reason behind that fact too...

But saying that Bin Laden isn't a terrorist, that's just crap... :wth: :confused:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #325
    US man made hoax execution video

A man from San Francisco has admitted staging a hoax video that appeared to show him being beheaded in Iraq.

Benjamin Vanderford from San Francisco said he made the tape months ago as part of his campaign for local office, Associated Press news agency reports.

The video was reported to have been made by militants linked to top al-Qaeda suspect Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Zarqawi's group has released footage of hostage beheadings, but doubts were quickly expressed about this footage.

An American, a South Korean and a third man, said to be a Bulgarian, have been shown on videos being beheaded.

Saturday also saw the release of another militant video threatening a Turkish lorry driver with beheading if his company does not stop work in Iraq within 48 hours.

Another Turkish driver, Murat Yuce, was shot in the head three times in a recording claimed by Zarqawi's men.

Stunt?

The dark images of the fake video showed a man dressed in a plain T-shirt, sitting on a chair with his hands behind his back.

"I have been offered for exchange for prisoners here in Iraq," he says.

"We need to leave this country right now. If we don't, everyone is gonna be killed in this way."

After that, a body is shown on the floor with a knife apparently cutting at the neck.

Mr Vanderford, 22, said he had taped the video at a friend's house using fake blood.

He told AP news agency he had begun distributing the video on the internet months ago to draw attention to his campaign to get elected as city supervisor.

"It was part of a stunt, but no one noticed it up until now," Mr Vanderford said.

"I did this for a couple of reasons. One is to attract attention. But, two, is to just make a statement on these type of videos and how easily they can be faked."

Iraqi militants have seized scores of hostages - mainly from countries in the US-led coalition in Iraq - usually demanding the withdrawal of foreign troops from Iraq.

The US has warned against making concessions to the hostage takers.

In a related development, Iraq's interim government has shut down for a month Arab television station al-Jazeera.

Interior Minister Falah al-Naqib said this week that the channel encouraged kidnappings by showing images of hostages threatened with executions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3544032.stm

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Those are very different goals. And Im out of this thread to because people like you have let your dislike for certain nations make you talk crap.

WorkConsumeBuy, I know the cycle, hell i named my blog after it. But for you to be bitter at america for that is rediculous. Why dont you blame your own people for buying in to it? Thats like us blaming holland for weed or something.

Every nation in the world will supply for demand. Why wouldnt they? Just so they can seem culturally respectful to other nations. What a load of horse crap.
    I'm not bitter and I'm not blaming anyone, I don't have a dislike for the the US or it's people. I lived in the US for two and a half years and I enjoyed my time there. All I'm saying is that it isn't as one sided as Andy or you would have us believe.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Well, all of that is your own biased opinion, and frankly now I don't even give a rat's ass what your saying. You hate America, and like I said before opinions will never change. I call it jealousy more than anything else, and you can't take away the fact that people hate our freedom. And like River said, blame the people who buy into our concepts, blame other governments for letting our influence spread into their countries. Don't you blame the U.S. civilian population for this, because that's a load of horse shit.
    I don't hate America, you idiot. Just because I can be honest about what's really happening and I can look at a situation from more than one perspective doesn't mean that I hate anything or anyone. People don't hate your freedom, they hate you arrogance and just by insisting that everyone else is jealous just makes you seems more arrogant.

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Bin Laden not a terrorist? Ha. Was that a joke? Anybody who makes terrorist threats, influences terrorist activity, and supports terrorist activity IS a terrorist.
    That's how your government defines terrorist, that's not how I define terrorist. Bin Laden funds and coordinates terrorism, and that's just as bad as being a terrorist, but it's not the same.

River

Jun 15, 2004

I'm not bitter and I'm not blaming anyone, I don't have a dislike for the the US or it's people. I lived in the US for two and a half years and I enjoyed my time there. All I'm saying is that it isn't as one sided as Andy or you would have us believe.
    I havent made anything one sided. I understand why terrorists are doing what they are, but that dosent make it right.

And talking about one sided. Read your bloody posts :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

I don't hate America, you idiot. Just because I can be honest about what's really happening and I can look at a situation from more than one perspective doesn't mean that I hate anything or anyone. People don't hate your freedom, they hate you arrogance and just by insisting that everyone else is jealous just makes you seems more arrogant.
    You can't deny that people are jealous of this country, it is ever apparent in some cases. You look at things in more than one perspective? Is that another joke? Your opinions are just as "open" as the contradictory opinions of River and I. So don't give me that BS again.

That's how your government defines terrorist, that's not how I define terrorist. Bin Laden funds and coordinates terrorism, and that's just as bad as being a terrorist, but it's not the same.
    No. Thats how I define a terrorist. Bin Laden runs a terrorist organization FFS! How the hell can he not be a terrorist?! If you fund, coordinate, and influence a terrorist organization, you are a terrorist. Thats plain and simple. Calling Bin Laden not a terrorist is rather absurd and frankly makes no sense at all. There is no argument that can beg to differ. Bin Laden is the #1 terrorist.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Why do you people hate Bush so much?

It's not his fault that terrorist groups activated during his presidency... he is just doing his job!
    Is he? Some Saudi Arabians with Egyptian passports blow up the World Trade Center, so naturally you invade Afganistan (to which the US has devoted US$0 in aid this year) and Iraq, a country which, despite the Bush administration's best (and not entirely unsuccessful) efforts to convince the pubic otherwise, had neither links to Al Quaida (sp?) nor weapons of mass destruction.

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Is he? Some Saudi Arabians with Egyptian passports blow up the World Trade Center, so naturally you invade Afganistan (to which the US has devoted US$0 in aid this year) and Iraq, a country which, despite the Bush administration's best (and not entirely unsuccessful) efforts to convince the pubic otherwise, had neither links to Al Quaida (sp?) nor weapons of mass destruction.
    :dazed:

Come on.. surely none of us actually believes that america is solely trying to 'help' Iraq. there must be other motives.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    :dazed:
    Oops.

Come on.. surely none of us actually believes that america is solely trying to 'help' Iraq. there must be other motives.
    Sure, but they could at least be a little more honest to their voters about what they're doing with their country's military. It's one thing to have a second motive for invading a country, but if the first one isn't a valid one in the first place, you've just invaded a country for economic reasons. Anyone care to argue that that is justified?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    But the first was a valid one, until after the war was over with. And actually the second, which was removing Saddam, was a successful operation obviously.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

HaHa! Did you forget where Mr. Bin Laden is based out of? Did you forget which government allowed him to operate and supported him? Yes, it was Afghanistan and the Taliban, so saying there was no connection between the attack against the USA and Afghanistan is plainly incorrect. Iraq, is entirely another matter - Mr. Bush's personal war (finish what daddy started).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)