Terrorism (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
i feel really sad when i think of the next generations to come....how are they gonna survive in a world where ppl are at each others throats?

i just wish all terrorists just vanish,dissappear into nowhere!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #303
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Yeah, we REALLY torture people........

Have you seen the beheadings of all these innocent people by your Muslim brothers ????? Killing innocent people in the name of Islam.........

Generalisations against an entire religion... nice :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

I agree with pretty much everything youve said.

Its like I said before, not living in a number one target nation like the UK or the US its easy to damn everything.

What alternatives are there? Dont go to war and sit there and trust the UN to solve everything. That sounds reassuring :rolleyes:

There's a reason why those countries are targets, the terrorists dont just pick random countries. Why not Sweden, or Croatia, or Serbia? There's a reason the U.S. is the main target.

Anyways, it seems they'll bring Bosnia into the war too. Apparantly, they want our demining teams to go to Iraq, it was one of the Agenda's when Powell was in Sarajevo a few days ago. I wouldnt be surprised if that made us a target.

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah just don't do anything, and let terrorists roam the world free like snakes in a jungle. :rolleyes:

You cant destroy terrorism Andy, it will exist as long as the reasons behind it do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

There's a reason why those countries are targets, the terrorists dont just pick random countries. Why not Sweden, or Croatia, or Serbia? There's a reason the U.S. is the main target.

Anyways, it seems they'll bring Bosnia into the war too. Apparantly, they want our demining teams to go to Iraq, it was one of the Agenda's when Powell was in Sarajevo a few days ago. I wouldnt be surprised if that made us a target.

You cant destroy terrorism Andy, it will exist as long as the reasons behind it do.
    Duh. :rolleyes: You can't destroy it but you can certainly lower the chances of attack.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Whats wrong with that Zlatan? You and many others here make generalizations about Americans as well. So don't give us that BS again.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #306

Duh. :rolleyes: You can't destroy it but you can certainly lower the chances of attack.

Well, that you can do ;)

Altho I hope you're not reffering to Iraq as a piece of the fight against terrorism, because I still dont believe thats the reason :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well, that you can do ;)

Altho I hope you're not reffering to Iraq as a piece of the fight against terrorism, because I still dont believe thats the reason :)
    Here we go again. :groan: Just let it go Zlatan, let it go....

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #308

Whats wrong with that Zlatan? You and many others here make generalizations about Americans as well. So don't give us that BS again.
    I personaly try not to generalise against Americans, and to talk only about your government and policies, but it's possible I've done it a time or two and I apologize. I hate generalizations.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Let it go? :rolleyes:
    I mean lets drop it. People have their own opinions, nobody will ever change their own opinions, and nobody really cares to hear other opinions. So IMO, we should drop the Iraq discussion. :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    The UN sucks...they cant do anything and i dont thnik they will! :( where are human rights and stuff like that?:down:
    Not only does it suck, it's plain useless.

UN resolutions are sometimes followed when addressed to weaker states. But the stronger ones simply ignore it.

20 % of Azerbaijan's territory has been occupied by neighboring Armenia for 14 years now. UN general assembly and the security council (along with the EC) has passed numerous resolutions, asking Armenia to free those territories and allow more than a MILLION refugees return to their homes. Nobody cares.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    well,were there any pix sent on email,websites and T.V?
    No, because it has not been in anyone's interest to do it... until Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. :)

War is natural, peace is artificial.

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

No, because it has not been in anyone's interest to do it... until Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. :)

War is natural, peace is artificial.
    unfortunately

Jul 12, 2002
    Nope.
    Then you are the fool here.

But they don't even have a cause. Thats the thing. Like many people have said, Bin Laden's cause is changing everyday.
    Bin Laden is not a terrorist. He funds and coordinates terrorism and his stated goals change to suit his audience and the climate. I'm talking about the people who actually give up their lives in order to further a cause that they believe in deeply.

Well, if another country would have these resources, don't you think that they would use them to the max as well? Please. :rolleyes:
    No, I don't. And even if that's true, that any nation with the ability to subjugate and exploit people will, then that still does not make it right or acceptable.

Good. Great. Grand. Wonderful. A good friend just told me you are no longer invited to his Superbowl Party. :)
    I see that you did not understand. My point was that by calling me a terrorist, you are only making your case weaker. The reason that you resort to calling me a terrorist is because you haven't the reason or the facts to support your side of the argument. What I'm saying is true, the American people treat the rest of the world like crap, and furthermore they take it as their god given right to order the world as they see fit. Naturally, people hate them for it and what is so wrong with that?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    I agree with pretty much everything youve said.

Its like I said before, not living in a number one target nation like the UK or the US its easy to damn everything.

What alternatives are there? Dont go to war and sit there and trust the UN to solve everything. That sounds reassuring :rolleyes:
    And what alternatives do the terrorists have? America has goals of security and world-wide market dominance. Those goals conflict with the philosophy of the terrorists and thus there is conflict. Why is it okay for America and it's allies to use force to accomplish their goals, but not okay for terrorists to do the same?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Not only does it suck, it's plain useless.

UN resolutions are sometimes followed when addressed to weaker states. But the stronger ones simply ignore it.

20 % of Azerbaijan's territory has been occupied by neighboring Armenia for 14 years now. UN general assembly and the security council (along with the EC) has passed numerous resolutions, asking Armenia to free those territories and allow more than a MILLION refugees return to their homes. Nobody cares.
    Exactly. Americans complain about the uselessness of the UN, but who's fault is it that it's useless? It's the Americans fault. They preach about how they are leaders of the world, but when the UN needs it's most powerful and richest country to do something, the US only does what will benefit them.

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah just don't do anything, and let terrorists roam the world free like snakes in a jungle. :rolleyes:
    You speak as if terrorism grew from nothing, as if the terrorists are pure evil like a movie character and kill for no other reason than pleasure. In fact, America has done much to generate terrorism, and I've explained over and over again those things. If you want to stop terrorism, then you've got to stop trying to run the world and ruin it at the same time.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

And what alternatives do the terrorists have? America has goals of security and world-wide market dominance. Those goals conflict with the philosophy of the terrorists and thus there is conflict. Why is it okay for America and it's allies to use force to accomplish their goals, but not okay for terrorists to do the same?
    Those are very different goals. And Im out of this thread to because people like you have let your dislike for certain nations make you talk crap.

WorkConsumeBuy, I know the cycle, hell i named my blog after it. But for you to be bitter at america for that is rediculous. Why dont you blame your own people for buying in to it? Thats like us blaming holland for weed or something.

Every nation in the world will supply for demand. Why wouldnt they? Just so they can seem culturally respectful to other nations. What a load of horse crap.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Then you are the fool here.

Bin Laden is not a terrorist. He funds and coordinates terrorism and his stated goals change to suit his audience and the climate. I'm talking about the people who actually give up their lives in order to further a cause that they believe in deeply.

No, I don't. And even if that's true, that any nation with the ability to subjugate and exploit people will, then that still does not make it right or acceptable.

I see that you did not understand. My point was that by calling me a terrorist, you are only making your case weaker. The reason that you resort to calling me a terrorist is because you haven't the reason or the facts to support your side of the argument. What I'm saying is true, the American people treat the rest of the world like crap, and furthermore they take it as their god given right to order the world as they see fit. Naturally, people hate them for it and what is so wrong with that?
    Well, all of that is your own biased opinion, and frankly now I don't even give a rat's ass what your saying. You hate America, and like I said before opinions will never change. I call it jealousy more than anything else, and you can't take away the fact that people hate our freedom. And like River said, blame the people who buy into our concepts, blame other governments for letting our influence spread into their countries. Don't you blame the U.S. civilian population for this, because that's a load of horse shit.

Bin Laden not a terrorist? Ha. Was that a joke? Anybody who makes terrorist threats, influences terrorist activity, and supports terrorist activity IS a terrorist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)