Terrorism (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Remember Isreal were founded by so called terrorists and the United States have backed terroirsts to help overthrow numerous democratically elected governments threw out the world. So the war on terror is a bit hypocritcal as it should be a war on the United States Government.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Get real Nedved.... :wallbang:

Bin Laden admits that he was behind the attacks.... why are you arguing?

you're in denial... Bin Laden is no angel. Yes, he has dont a good job fighting the USSR in Afghanistan, but he's gone mad after that. He has bombed embassies in Africa long before the 9/11 attacks. He went crazy... He's been stripped of his Saudi passport long ago...

It's misleading when you hear his speaches too because a lot of what he says is true and follows Islamic teaching, but he twists the ideas and his actions speak for themselves.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

What terrorist background? Saddam had no connection to terrorists, there are a lot of countries out there that have a lot more connection to terrorist groups than Iraq. No connection between Osama and Saddam has been proven because there is none.
Saddam aint no saint and Bush didnt make up he had weapons of mass destruction, and I said in a previous post that it isnt about Saddam and Bin Laden, it is about Saddam and terrorist groups, not neccesarily Al Qaeda

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #125
    OK, so can you tell us what terrorist groups, and who they attacked with Saddams help?

And how are you so sure that Bush didnt make the WMDs up?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

And how are you so sure that Bush didnt make the WMDs up?
    Well thats easy.
    We know saddam had wmd's because the americans sold them to him in the first place...
    WE know they havent been used, and there is no evidence he destroyed them (as though he would anyway)
    So either he has secretly passed them on to another state or they are buried in the desert... who knows??

Look it up

Saddams terrorist links are indisputable (whether publicly paying palestinian suicide bombers families or as far as the terrorist training centre at Salman Pak to financial support for certain organisations - that is all well documented and proven.. the list is endless)what is highly questionable is whether there is indeed a link between al queda and saddam in recent times.
    Mainly only circumstantial evidence is all that is available especially in recent years.. though quite strong evidence was found that there were links in 93 when members of the cell who detonated the wtc bomb were indeed given sanctuary in iraq etc etc

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

Dont believe everything u read or see!! u r still looking at one side of the incident believing that Bin Laden was the only mastermind of the "terror attack". You seem very sure that Bin laden was the planner... how can u be so sure? do u remember that day? when Bush talked to the people and claimed after 2 or 3 hours of the "terror attack" that Bin Laden is the guy who organized these attacks, this might all be liar.... like how can you specify the terrorist after 2 hours of being attacked?

and what makes it obvious that there are secret plans being made in USA is when Powell gave some satellite pictures showing that iraq was improving WMD, which was the main reason to invade the country, and now it seems there was no WMD in iraq, how can u explain that??
    How many times do I have to say this: I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SEE AND READ. You got that straight now?!

If Bin Landen wasn't the planner, who the hell was? Oh yeah, Bush. Right Nedved, Zlatan, and Bes? :rolleyes: That bastard Bin Laden said it himself on tape that it was his doing. How can you identify the terrorist org. that did it? When those idiots put their cowardly faces on a tape and say "we did it".

And its no secret that there were WMD Labs in Iraq, just nothing turned up in the searches SO FAR.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
    Haven't seen the film so won't comment on that, just want to reming everyone that 9/11 was good for president Bush. Nothing works as well for a president or sitting leader as a common enemy to figth against, remember the UK and the Falklands. Bush's approval ratings were over 70% for a while after 9/11.
    But does that make you think he let 9/11 happen, or helped its progress? Like many other sensible people here have said, no American president would help along such a disturbing act.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
    Remember Isreal were founded by so called terrorists and the United States have backed terroirsts to help overthrow numerous democratically elected governments threw out the world. So the war on terror is a bit hypocritcal as it should be a war on the United States Government.
    Is this a member of the IRA here?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #130
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

How many times do I have to say this: I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SEE AND READ. You got that straight now?!

If Bin Landen wasn't the planner, who the hell was? Oh yeah, Bush. Right Nedved, Zlatan, and Bes? :rolleyes: That bastard Bin Laden said it himself on tape that it was his doing. How can you identify the terrorist org. that did it? When those idiots put their cowardly faces on a tape and say "we did it".

And its no secret that there were WMD Labs in Iraq, just nothing turned up in the searches SO FAR.

Where exactly did I say that Osama wasnt responsible for 9/11??? :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
    Agreed.

My take on terrorists is this: I don't support violence of any kind, and in fact I am quite actively against it. I feel that I'm rather uniquely enabled to take this stance because I've been a very violent person in my life and done some things that many people would consider terroristic. I don't think that I was a terrorist, but with age comes some wisdom and I've realised the error of my actions. Nowadays, I have the money and the time and the connections to fight the battles I want to fight in a non-violent way. But, I feel for the people who don't have that ability and I realise how hard it is to resist the appeal of violence, because it is the most costeffective and immediate action to take.

As for the muslim terrorists like Osama Bin Laden, I abhore his methods, but I understand and support his cause. People talk of him being a mindless killer, but his cause is just in my mind. Zlatan defined freedom fighting as fighting the oppressor and that's exactly what he's doing. The United States is fighting a world wide economic and cultural war, bringing their culture of consumerism to every corner of the globe. I completely understand the aversion to that kind of influence, especially to the muslim population. People say that if you want to fight America, fight but don't kill innocent civilians. First of all, I reject the concept of innocence, and second the American population is the enemy in this fight, it's not the military or the government. It is the American populace at large who spur the economic and cultural rape of the rest of the world and the only way to fight that is to fight them. I wish that those people had the money and the ability to compete economically and culturally against the Americans, but they don't and thus they turn to violence. It's an unfortunate result of the flaws of unregulated world-wide capitalism and the world market.

Jul 12, 2002
    So... what is it you did Ian, if you dont mind me asking? :)
    I don't mind at all. I lived in Israel for a period of months in my early twenties and while I was there the place I lived in was a very tumultous place where Jews and Muslims clashed often. Being niether Jewish nor Arab, I was caught up in the fighting, and did some regretable things in the interest of saving my life and the lives of my friends.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Iraq wasnt random mostly because there had been trouble going around them lately, and I do think George W wanted to finish his dad's business. It influded on him picking Iraq.
    Shortly after all the Iraq thing, the USA had trouble with N Korea but they sorted it out...
    Israel is an American ally, so probably it wouldnt be good to attack them
    Cuba has nothing they want
    China... I dont know nothing about them :D

Plus it would had been weird if America attacked China before they attacked Iraq... Iraq had more of a terrorist background, if you know what I mean. China at least has a president elected by the people , unlike a dictator like Saddam... and the 'excuse' for all this war was a fight against terrorism

:howler:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #136
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I don't mind at all. I lived in Israel for a period of months in my early twenties and while I was there the place I lived in was a very tumultous place where Jews and Muslims clashed often. Being niether Jewish nor Arab, I was caught up in the fighting, and did some regretable things in the interest of saving my life and the lives of my friends.

Errr, did you have to kill anyone? You dont have to answer if you dont want to, just please dont hurt me :stress:

;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Agreed.

My take on terrorists is this: I don't support violence of any kind, and in fact I am quite actively against it. I feel that I'm rather uniquely enabled to take this stance because I've been a very violent person in my life and done some things that many people would consider terroristic. I don't think that I was a terrorist, but with age comes some wisdom and I've realised the error of my actions. Nowadays, I have the money and the time and the connections to fight the battles I want to fight in a non-violent way. But, I feel for the people who don't have that ability and I realise how hard it is to resist the appeal of violence, because it is the most costeffective and immediate action to take.

As for the muslim terrorists like Osama Bin Laden, I abhore his methods, but I understand and support his cause. People talk of him being a mindless killer, but his cause is just in my mind. Zlatan defined freedom fighting as fighting the oppressor and that's exactly what he's doing. The United States is fighting a world wide economic and cultural war, bringing their culture of consumerism to every corner of the globe. I completely understand the aversion to that kind of influence, especially to the muslim population. People say that if you want to fight America, fight but don't kill innocent civilians. First of all, I reject the concept of innocence, and second the American population is the enemy in this fight, it's not the military or the government. It is the American populace at large who spur the economic and cultural rape of the rest of the world and the only way to fight that is to fight them. I wish that those people had the money and the ability to compete economically and culturally against the Americans, but they don't and thus they turn to violence. It's an unfortunate result of the flaws of unregulated world-wide capitalism and the world market.
    So you are saying that the Government isn't the enemy? So you are saying that I, PERSONALLY, am the ENEMY TO THE WORLD? I'm sorry, but you seem like you've been brainwashed by Bin Laden himself. Millions of people here in this country work their asses off, for just minimum wage. They can barely afford to provide their children a college education, let alone do anything even close to the bull shit you and your terrorist friends believe. Are these people really the enemy to the world?! What the hell has the average U.S. citizen done to deserve being killed by cowardly terrorists? You think that all people over here are bigots, who don't care about anything else than personal belongings. Well, sorry to break it to you, but thats common to all people over the world, not just here. So basically you just confirmed that you support Osama Bin Laden, as well as all the other terrorrist organizations around the globe. By that, you ARE a terrorist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)