Terror on Our Doorstep (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
The thing about Moore is that he presents valid evidence, and shocking sometimes and jumps to conclusions using clever interviewing and powerful music, incriminating clips etc. The reason why people say farenheit 9/11 is a piece of bias is because you have interviews with idoit soldiers and footage to make it seem incriminating. Like for instance, Moore uses the power of language very well.

Who noticed in the opening scenes of F 9/11 that Moore says ' They pelted bushes limo with eggs' , and the footage shows only one egg hitting the car, and that is probably all that was thrown. His wording is the key, because it makes it seem like alot more. As i said earlier, he presents valid evidence and shocking footage at times, but he uses these to blow up something that people shouldnt get so excited about. He just plays situations and makes them very intense.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
    don bes canada STILL has less crime per capita than the us.
    I have not heard about too many Eskimo shootings in the past, so no wonder.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    The thing about Moore is that he presents valid evidence, and shocking sometimes and jumps to conclusions using clever interviewing and powerful music, incriminating clips etc. The reason why people say farenheit 9/11 is a piece of bias is because you have interviews with idoit soldiers and footage to make it seem incriminating. Like for instance, Moore uses the power of language very well.

Who noticed in the opening scenes of F 9/11 that Moore says ' They pelted bushes limo with eggs' , and the footage shows only one egg hitting the car, and that is probably all that was thrown. His wording is the key, because it makes it seem like alot more. As i said earlier, he presents valid evidence and shocking footage at times, but he uses these to blow up something that people shouldnt get so excited about. He just plays situations and makes them very intense.
    The thing that's interesting about Moore is how much noise he makes all the time. Like you said, his "documentaries" are "special" but so many people have been outraged by them so they have to actually matter, otherwise noone would care and just dismiss him. I've actually seen pages and pages of rebuttals to points in his movies, trying to prove that he cheated and misrepresented things. And of course these people have an agenda too so it's all biased, just by seeing both sides you still won't know exactly what happened. But that people care so much about it, that's interesting. And doing what he does he creates at least some public debate about the issues, even if much of the attention is on himself (the way he likes it), whether it be good or bad.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    There are only two things in the world that Mikey Moore Cares about:

Money and Donuts

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

The thing that's interesting about Moore is how much noise he makes all the time. Like you said, his "documentaries" are "special" but so many people have been outraged by them so they have to actually matter, otherwise noone would care and just dismiss him. I've actually seen pages and pages of rebuttals to points in his movies, trying to prove that he cheated and misrepresented things. And of course these people have an agenda too so it's all biased, just by seeing both sides you still won't know exactly what happened. But that people care so much about it, that's interesting. And doing what he does he creates at least some public debate about the issues, even if much of the attention is on himself (the way he likes it), whether it be good or bad.
    Exactly. There has got to be truth in what he says. The only bad thing about it is the way he presents it. But that somehow got translated to ' Everything he says is a lie'

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    andy: to justify himself not renting fahrenheit 911, someone said "i didnt want to put more money in his krispy kreme account" :D

blackmint and martin, i think the problem is in recent years EVERYTHING has become partisan. actors, newspapers, tv and radio stations, corporations, etc. and you can trust nobody to be fair.

there is no unbiased or bipartisan anymore. the aclu is in the left-wing's pocket, independent news is in the left wing's pocket, the armed forces is(mostly) in the right-wing's pocket, (most) big corporations are in the right wing's pocket, most of hollywood is in the left-wing's pocket

what kind of cargo pants are they wearing with so many pockets?!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
    andy: to justify himself not renting fahrenheit 911, someone said "i didnt want to put more money in his krispy kreme account" :D
    :howler: Very true, and I share the same views as that intelligent individual has, only for more important reasons though.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    TERROR ON MY DOORSTEP:

The doorbell rings. I open the door. What evil awaits me on the other side? A giant pair of Albanian balls with a trail of shattered lawn chairs in its wake.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    TERROR ON MY DOORSTEP:

The doorbell rings. I open the door. What evil awaits me on the other side? A giant pair of Albanian balls with a trail of shattered lawn chairs in its wake.
    :LOL:

Thats enough Pado. Settle down before I come to NC and lay those two plastic bags full of Redi-Wip on your doorstep.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Where is Donny Balls? Where is Burke? Where is River?

Maybe Nick's conspiracy theory would suggest that these three are really the same person ----- ANDY!!!!!!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    Where is Donny Balls? Where is Burke? Where is River?

Maybe Nick's conspiracy theory would suggest that these three are really the same person ----- ANDY!!!!!!
    Well that's always a possibility. A River-Burke-Donny combination would be witty, tasty, ignorant, and sexy all at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)