Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Greg said:
With all this down-time you guys have been missing out on my 2 new house mixes. As you can see there's a lot of Steve Angello stuff on there, this guy is amazing along with his side kick Sebastian Ingrosso! Using so many of his tunes made it very easy to mix, infact i mixed it first time without actually having heard most of the tunes the whole way through prior to mixing.

Luckily you guys can download from my mates server again instead of yousendit. http://www.rapworlds.com/greg/

House vol 3 tracklisting:

1. Britney spears - Breath on me (Thin white duke mix)
2. Eric Prydz & Steve Angello - Woz not woz
3. Mode hookers - Breathe (Angello & Ingrosso mix)
4. Roman Fluegel - Geht's noch (Steve angello mix)
5. Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (Trentmøller Remix)
6. David Morales - How would you feel (stereo anthem mix) * i think ?*
7. Benjamin Bates - Whole (Steve Angello's oversized dub)
8. Hi-Tack - Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U) (Tocadisco's not guilty mix)
9. DJ Flex & Sandy w - love 4 you (Angello & Ingrosso)
10. Robbie Rivera - Has it come to this
11. Mohito ft Howard Jones - Slip away (Steve angello mix)
12. Gadjo - So many times (Steve Angello moody mix)
13. Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - Yeah
14. Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - 82-83

Greg,

where's the other one ??!!:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have a quick question. Why do you guys like this sort of music? And I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything..

I live outside of Washington DC in somewhat rural Pennsylvania, and I don't ever recall hearing such music on the radio or even seeing anything about such performers on television. Not to mention the fact the only people I know who are into such music are you lot, and Fabiana was the first person to actually introuduce it to me.

Back in middle school I liked groups such as Prodigy and Chemical Brothers, however I seriously did not hear of musicians such as Tiesto and Morino until a few months ago. Strange really.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And these artists you just mentioned Andy are well known, you should listen to some of the ones I listen to :D

Why we listen to such music, well it is the only music that a three day party can stand on.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Andy said:
I have a quick question. Why do you guys like this sort of music? And I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything..

I live outside of Washington DC in somewhat rural Pennsylvania, and I don't ever recall hearing such music on the radio or even seeing anything about such performers on television. Not to mention the fact the only people I know who are into such music are you lot, and Fabiana was the first person to actually introuduce it to me.

Back in middle school I liked groups such as Prodigy and Chemical Brothers, however I seriously did not hear of musicians such as Tiesto and Morino until a few months ago. Strange really.
there's your answer !!:D

most of these artists are Europe-based, and others come out of NYC. Its not the sort of music that you'l hear on your local top 40 radio station

I live close to Toronto, so I've been exposed to Euro dance, house, trance, and techno for many years (being at the clubs and listening to a a few Toronto radio stations)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Basically if you're into clubbing and having a good time, dance music (of all genres) comes naturally hand in hand with that. There's only one sort of music you can dance like crazy to at 6 in the morning, there's only one sort of music that has a chronic ability to send shivers down your spine, make you feel totally at one with the thousands of fellow revellers that surround you, then instantly get you up and jumping along to the heady heights of 150 bpm!

Its mental, its addictive and its damn sure the best music to live your life to!

ps everyone, I have done a thirs hour long house mix with a bit more up to date stuff, though did make it just before the forums went down so its been superceded by greg's mix already! Will put it on yousendit the minute my desktop is working properly!

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
Andy said:
To answer your question from a slightly different angle....I've been listening to dance music for 8 years. Hard to remember what exactly got me into this kind of music, but it was probably judge jules show on bbc radio in 98. My brother and i used to listen to it every friday night, really liked the sound he was playing- tunes such as 'emergency - check it out', 'dirty barry - fire'. Even vengaboys - up & down - or whatever its called, renegade master & other tunes from that era. I still have a cassette that i recorded from the radio of this kinda stuff, will cherish it forever! I was quite young then, around 12-13 and the mainstream music for youngsters was spice girls, blur, oasis and whatever else - wasn't really into it.

There was a big gap 3 years ago when i listened to loads of rnb and hip hop, through being influenced by my mates, then later on i listened to a lot of rock. I still listen to some rock now especially incubus, foos, and some of the other accessible tunes from weezer, interpol, radiohead etc.

In the last year i've really got into mixing, so i listen to a lot of dance tunes over & over again and not much else.

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
Vinman said:
Greg,

where's the other one ??!!:D
It's always you vinman, catching me out :wink: Is your real name vinny or vincent or....?

Here's the tracklisting for my latest mix. As you can see there's some classics and new ones to. Much more variation than my house vol 3, even some trance thrown in at the end, which i think worked out well. The ferry corsten tune was annoying to mix because it skips at the start and the end. Had to mix it quite quickly at the start so you wouldn't notice, but forgot to at the end - sounds bad! oh well..

*edit* As usual download here: http://www.rapworlds.com/greg/

1. Lenny Fontana & The Eastside Movement - Inner City - (Lenny's Classic Mix)
2. Soul Providers - Rise (Bini & Martini Vocal mix)
3. Roger Sanchez - I Never Knew (Club Mix)
4. Joey Negro - Cant Get High Without You (Philly World Mix)
5. Lenny Fontana ft Byron Stingily - Light My Fire
6. Kaskade - In This Life (Cabin Crew Mix)
7. Tyler Lewis - Night Rider
8. Mutiny UK - Midnight Lady
9. Wahoo - Make Em Shake It (Sandy Rivera mix)
10. Roman Fluegel - Gehts noch (Steve angello mix)
11. Hiver & Hammer - Fusion (Funabashi Mix)
12. Ferry Corsten - Star Traveller (Hydroid & Zahavi / Rand R...)
13. Mirco de Govia - Voller Sterne (Super 8 mix)
14. A*S*Y*S* - No More Fu**ing Rock'n'Roll (Paul van Dyk Edit)

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Greg said:
It's always you vinman, catching me out :wink: Is your real name vinny or vincent or....?

Here's the tracklisting for my latest mix though it's not uploaded yet. As you can see there's some classics and new ones to. Much more variation than my house vol 3, even some trance thrown in at the end, which i think worked out well. The ferry corsten tune was annoying to mix because it skips at the start and the end. Had to mix it quite quickly at the start so you wouldn't notice, but forgot to at the end - sounds bad! oh well..

1. Lenny Fontana & The Eastside Movement - Inner City - (Lenny's Classic Mix)
2. Soul Providers - Rise (Bini & Martini Vocal mix)
3. Roger Sanchez - I Never Knew (Club Mix)
4. Joey Negro - Cant Get High Without You (Philly World Mix)
5. Lenny Fontana ft Byron Stingily - Light My Fire
6. Kaskade - In This Life (Cabin Crew Mix)
7. Tyler Lewis - Night Rider
8. Mutiny UK - Midnight Lady
9. Wahoo - Make Em Shake It (Sandy Rivera mix)
10. Roman Fluegel - Gehts noch (Steve angello mix)
11. Hiver & Hammer - Fusion (Funabashi Mix)
12. Ferry Corsten - Star Traveller (Hydroid & Zahavi / Rand R...)
13. Mirco de Govia - Voller Sterne (Super 8 mix)
14. A*S*Y*S* - No More Fu**ing Rock'n'Roll (Paul van Dyk Edit)

Great songlist, Greg !!

I really like the song "Rise", it took me a long time to get it recorded (this was back in 2002)

do you have, or can you put into one of your mixes "music is the answer" by Danny Teneglia ??

also, one of my fav songs from last year- " Lola's Theme" by Shapeshifters

btw- its Vinni !!:D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andy said:

Add me to your list. Youll have to ride in my car next time we roll to the liquor store man. Im an underground House fan. Though not on the level of Tom, Greg, or Vinnie I do dabble.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Altair said:
Enron, for some bumping shit try pacha nightclub in Ibiza hopefully on a Pete tong night, for housy ride try desyn masiello's balance ;)
Thanks mate, thats a will do. Something to get me through this work.:)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
What do you guys think about James Zabiela? I saw him live last week and he was pretty cool. His music was a bit too "dark" for my taste but I still had a great time. He's just 24

And for you Americans, Sasha is doing a 'residence' tour in some nightclubs in different cities these few upcoming months :)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Black Mamba said:
What do you guys think about James Zabiela? I saw him live last week and he was pretty cool. His music was a bit too "dark" for my taste but I still had a great time. He's just 24

And for you Americans, Sasha is doing a 'residence' tour in some nightclubs in different cities these few upcoming months :)
Anything in DC? I might have to take Beckers out to the club.:)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Enron said:
Anything in DC? I might have to take Beckers out to the club.:)
Actually Sasha is gonna be there on april first. You should check him out. I missed im two weeks ago in Denver and Im pissed off because of that

go to djsasha.com and click on tour

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Altair said:
Enron, for some bumping shit try pacha nightclub in Ibiza hopefully on a Pete tong night, for housy ride try desyn masiello's balance ;)
You're back :)

We missed you man, how are you doing?
Where have you been all that time?

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
Vinman said:
Great songlist, Greg !!

I really like the song "Rise", it took me a long time to get it recorded (this was back in 2002)

do you have, or can you put into one of your mixes "music is the answer" by Danny Teneglia ??

also, one of my fav songs from last year- " Lola's Theme" by Shapeshifters

btw- its Vinni !!:D
vinni eh, is that not short for vincent?

You might as well tell me more tunes that you'd like in a mix because then i dont have to bother searching for tunes i like. That goes for everyone else too.

Fabi, i've heard James zabiela live, he was brilliant! He was number 13 in the djmag top 100 list recently. That was a crazy night! we were all in fancy dress because it was halloween and the club was infact a boat, which went round the solent for a few hours. The sea was really rough and i was really drunk so i was getting sick over and over again- I forgot that i hate being at sea- one of the problems when you start drinking from 6pm and the party doesn't start till 11! but i still had a fine time with my sombrero on! everytime i'd leave it somewhere, the friendly pill-heads would come and give it to me - my cuban / mexican style shirt gave the game away. Everyone was soo nice on there, allways asking if i was alright because they knew i was getting sick.

There you go fab, i bet all you wanted to hear was, "yes i've heard zabiela before" and thats it. Another piece of the puzzle that is Greg's weird and wonderful life

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Enron said:
Question for all. Do you guys consider NIN good dance music? I think some of it falls into that category.
as in nine inch nails? Can't say I've ever heard any of their stuff but the sorta p[eople that like them are the sort of people that like slipknot, korn, nirvana etc, so I always assumed thats what they were also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)