Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (14 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
btw anyone knowing of a site where I can download recent full sets by top dj's (for free :D) please post!
Very recently I was asking myself exactly the same question. Solution: search for the set on yahoo (google doesn't give out that many results). Best way to go.

There is still no comprehensive bit torrent resource, similar to suprnova.org. There are many smaller hubs, but searching through them all is a pain in the ass.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
funnily enough I was on that one earlier.. having probs downloading though. I got the latest PvD set from tranceaddict.. which is a three hour monster from the end of may.. should keep me going in the meantime :)

Elnur you're right thast google is useless for that particular search.. it gives out pretty naff results

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #567
    funnily enough I was on that one earlier.. having probs downloading though. I got the latest PvD set from tranceaddict.. which is a three hour monster from the end of may.. should keep me going in the meantime :)

Elnur you're right thast google is useless for that particular search.. it gives out pretty naff results
    tranceaddict forums :cool:

THe best way to go is DC++ or Limewire or Torrents for sets. LImewire has the popular stuff, Torrents have the latest and DC, well DC has it all (but is the slowest of the three IMO since you only download off one user for each set)

Try www.isohunt.com or www.torrentsearch.com

They pretty much have most ofthe torrent trackers. Check out tranceaddict regularly too! Lots of the users post some awsome sets.

Here are some links I've found for you on tranceaddict:
    Sasha 2005 set:
    https://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07M1JKT9R16R23S2XPPW9CE31S

Killer Digweed Set:
    http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NTL2NT9750T71WC6HFZ5Y2WXA
    I'll try looking for more and will post them as I see them...

and here is a site with some great sets by Jody Wisternoff, Way out West, Nick Warren etc.:
    http://www.hybridized.org/

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    btw anyone knowing of a site where I can download recent full sets by top dj's (for free :D) please post!

http://www.danceodyssey.tv/ this is a good site full of fantastic videos from great Dj's inluding House, Uplifting House, Tribal, Trance and Techno sets.

The Carl Cox set in Space Ibiza is class!!!!!

another great site is mixes.cajones.org although i think the site is down at the moment for updating. It is amasing, it has essential mixes from hundreds of Djs from 1999 - 2005

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    cheers fellas, definitely appreciate that :)

PM, limewire has surprisingly little imo.. has quite a few old sets, but if you want new stuff (2005) they only have Tiesto from Cream Ibiza.. which I already got. I'll try out all these links though and report back.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    cheers fellas, definitely appreciate that :)

PM, limewire has surprisingly little imo.. has quite a few old sets, but if you want new stuff (2005) they only have Tiesto from Cream Ibiza.. which I already got. I'll try out all these links though and report back.
    I downloaded that yestersday but the sounds doesn't work. Did that happen to you?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    what's the differencec between house, techno, rave, trance?
    House is by far the most popular dance format. So much so, that there exists over a dozen related branches including New York dub, Chicago, New Jersey, Miami, garage, tribal, acid... in fact, almost every other format touches on house at some point because the steady 4/4 time signature beat is virtually universal in dance music. Attributes: the beat, keyboards, home synthesizers, male vocals, female vocals at all... add any or all. What you add defnines what kind of house it is but what makes it house is it the beat 110 to 128 BPM. Examples: lnner City, MK, Ralphie Rosario, Robin S., and anything on the Murk; Eightball or Strictly Rhythm labels.

Over the years and around the world the term "TECHNO" has come to mean many things to many people. The term was first cloned by Kraftwerk from Germany to describe their unique use of technology in electronic and computerized instruments while making contemporary Pop Music. As techno evolved new terminology was required to make sense of all its variants. In time it stood for what now refers to "INDUSTRIAL" or "ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC" and later still, for what is now considered the "HOUSE, the sound originated in Detroit and Chicago in the mid-'80s. Pioneered by such luminaries as Juan Atkins, Kenny Larkin and Mike "Hitman" Wilson techno has evolved from cutting edge underground ('84 to '89); to undisputed ruler of the American rave scene ('89 to '92), to mainstream "Top 40" acceptance. The commercial success of techno has also led to it's fall from grace in the underground scene, being replaced by trance, progressive house, and the strong resurgence of true house. Today the term "TECHNO" has come to mean fusion of all these styles and now"TECHNO" is the short from "TECHNO-HOUSE".

Throught all the phases and trends and ups and downs that TECHNO has endured, one man maintained his position as an instigator and innovator and is now consider the godfather of the TECHNO movement - Talla 2XLC. born and Raised in Frankfurt, Germany, he founded the first club exclusively devoted to TECHNO, conceived Frontpage Magazine, and launched, with Zoth Ommog SUCK ME PLASMA, the first TECHNO-HOUSE label. He has lived by the TECHNO motto" "Forcing The Future", like no other DJ before or since. Never ego-driven or spotlight-hungry he became a quet but enormously influential mastermind behind every aspect of TECHNO's eveolution. Although the seeds of TECHNO were planted in Frankfurt's Rhein-Main district, it soon spread internationally through 80's and 90's. Now, Tall 2XLC is still in top form and widely regarded as the creative genius behind TECHNO-HOUSE current popularity.

Attributes: Hard synth-keyboard riffs, pounding Belgian style bass, often combining male rap and female vocals and always delivering the most intense, frenetic eneregy possible. 130 to 150 BPM. Examples: L.A. Style, Moby, Fierce Ruling Diva, Tyrell Corp., Robotico Rejecto, Klangwerk, Quadrophonia, many of the releases on Radikal on Bounce labels, Suck Me Plasma releases and everything from Rotterdam.

Trance evolved from German Techno, using the rolling bass and sizzling keyboards of techno to give the music a hypnotic flowing effect, yet retaining all the driving, pulsating energy of it's true techno roots. Attributes: synth/sample-driving, pounding basslines, complex cyber-sounding keyboards, usually instrumental. 128 to 150 BPM. Examples: Aphex Twin, HardTrance Acsperience, Cosmo, Raver's Nature, Marusha and anything on the Harthouse, D-Jax, Rough Trade, or EX labels.

This is the most comprehensive and down-to-earth description I ever saw, published several years ago at eurodancehits.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    lol you guys know about the CL tune they play before every CL match right? Well we used to have that in Holland too until the tradition stopped around 10 years ago. This year, the Dutch FA decided to revive it and asked DJ Tiësto to write an Eredivisietune to be played at the start of every match. I'll keep you posted :D

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Its hard to describe what each genre is the best way is to give you examples.

Techno = Mauro Picotto-Hong Kong or even DK8-Murder was the bass (but that is not the best example)

Trance = Is your classic dance sound like Tiesto-Suburban Train or slightly harder Signum-Push Trough

House = This can take many meanings and is loosly used just like techno is, just regular house music is something like Robin S, but you can also get funky house and uplifting house like Armand Van Helden- My My My.

there are probably much better examples but thats the bets i can think of just now off the top of my head.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    so whats the latest on this dream dance (your avatar) - I forgot.. is the new one out yet? Do you have it, and is it recommended?

ISOS4 came through the post this morning, Ferry's passport album is due tomorrow :cool:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah, DD36 is out. In general, I found it more interesting than 34 and 35. In bold are tunes I thought were decent. If you want it and have fast cable connection I can trasfer them in a matter of seconds via MSN (about 5 hours from now)

DJ Shog : Running Water (Edit)
    Klubbingman: Revolution (We Call It) (Klubbstylerz Radio Cut)
    Pulsedriver: Nothing Can Stop Us (Intention)
    Cosmic Gate: Race Car Driver (Paddock Club Edit)
    Ron van den Beuken: Sunset (Radio Edit)
    Talla 2XLC: Manifesto (Radio Mix)
    4 Strings: Sunrise (Radio Edit)
    Michael Urgacz: Odin (Video Mix)
    DJ Tatana feat. Morris: Today Is Tomorrow (Radio Version / Official Street Parade Hymn 2005)
    One More Angel: Breathe (Megara vs DJ Lee Single Edit)
    Sven-R-G: Never Talkin'
    M.R.: To France 2005 (Video Mix)
    Niels van Gogh: Bombs Away (Short Edit)
    The Drill: The Drill
    Party Pimpz: Give It Up
    DJs@Work: Your Love (Radio Mix)
    Heiko & Maiko: Sonnenschein (Radio Edit)
    Axwell: (Can You) Feel The Vibe (Radio Edit)
    Jon Smith & Mark Wilcox feat.: Love Changes (Everything) (Radio Edit)
    DJ Antoine: All We Need (Radio Vocal Mix)
    Royal Gigolos: Self Control (D.O.N.S. Single Mix)

Kyau vs. Albert: Tell Me (Album Edit)
    Above & Beyond: Air For Life (Mirco de Govia Edit)
    White Water: The Unknown (Club Edit)
    York feat. Angelina: Iceflowers (Mind One vs. Infra Remix)
    Jose Amnesia: Second Day (Original Mix)
    Thomas Datt pres. Two Roads: Antarctic Rain (Peter Dafnous Remix)
    Marcos: Summer Solstice
    Marcel Woods: Cherry Blossom
    Stoneface & Terminal: Sidewinder (Arc In The Sky Edit)
    Visior: Hidden Sun (Original Single)
    Wim Van Gelder: Everywhere
    Signalrunners: Backfire
    Liquid Space: Mental Thing 2005
    Santoro: Floating Away
    Exalted: Cyberflight
    Super8 vs DJ Tab: First Aid
    Kaste: Desert Eagle
    Thomas Datt: Alone (Radio Edit)
    Angelina: Pictures Of You
    Asle: Wait For Me (6 am Short Radio Cut)
    Purple Haze: Adrenalin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)