Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (5 Viewers)

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #541
    Tom, that sounded ridiculously fun! If only my little island on the westcoast of canada had parties like that... But PvD, Tiesto, Sasha, AvB all in one weekend is absolute MADNESS! Forget the drinks, forget the drugs, forget the woman, forget your friends, forget the sleep, forget the food...actually i need my food and sleep, lets pretend I didn't say them, but DAMN SON!

Did you check out Sasha? He's been dropping some really dark prog electro funky stuff these days, been listening to lots of his sets :D

And Bes, you ignorant, cheap, consumer whored, only appreciative of the climax of a song, foolish fool with a ridiculous sense of respect.

A 5min Prodigy set???
    getafvckinglifekthxstfulol!

:p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    And Bes, you ignorant, cheap, consumer whored, only appreciative of the climax of a song, foolish fool with a ridiculous sense of respect.

A 5min Prodigy set???
    getafvckinglifekthxstfulol!

:p
    :LOL:

Tell him, man! Tell him!!!

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #544
    ++ [ originally posted by Greg ] ++
    hmmm, so are we talkin 1-2 mins per tune?
    It wont really be mixing if i do make it coz i cant mix DnB type beats - I can only do trance and house style beats, dont know what the real term is.

I'll give it a go anyway
    Yes you can. Prodigy songs are generally understood to be catogarized as 'breaks'. Even though the bass drum isn't thumbing at the basic 4/4 the beat in general is still a 4/4. So when your mixing, look for the hi-hats to match the tempos (and if that doesn't work, tap your foot to the song). Its a litte tricky buts its not too dificult if you can match trance/house songs fairly well. I personally am not a fan of software mixing unless I have a controller board to fidle the knobs with. I'm getting a MIDI controller soon so maybe I can assign some Traktor fucntions to it. As for djing, well hopefully, by next summer I'll have Technic 1200s and CDJ1000s. but that's what I told myself last summer... :groan:

As for your mixes, I'm never able to download off that german or dutch site or whatever. Always tells me my IP is overloaded for the day. But the tracklists look sexy for the most part :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Tiesto does produce decent music, but his sets start to remind me of Michael Jackson's and Aerosmith concerts- he includes too many OLD songs.

Not to mention that he considers himself the greatest DJ ever. Not too modest.

Music is great though.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Really? I had no idea you were a fan of dance music? You should post in here more often! What sorta stuff are you into?

I've heard the same about Cancun by the way, so I'm not sure exactly what its like - other than it has apparently the biggest clubbing scene in the world - which can't be bad :D Perhaps Fabi or someone could enlighten us.

And how old did you think I was? Do I sound that old? :undecide:
    Okay Ill tell you everything about Cancun

Cancun has a quite big nightlife mostly because its a really small place and it has like 10+ clubs that are open everyday

Ive heard that when its the high season (spring break I guess) it gets really crazy

I went in offseason and I stayed at the hotel where MTV usually does all the tapings (this yea they did it at The City though) and its really cool because most hotels in Cancun you can buy in packages so that means youre gonna stay there seven nights and its all inclusive, food whenever you want and national alcohol. Its a great deal because Mexico has really good and recognized beer, tequila and rum among other things. The food was quite nasty but who cared when you go to Cancun its not like you want to go and taste the best chefs of the region

Before I keep with this description I have tosay that Cancun is a very americanized place, even mexicans say that, everyone speaks english, dollars are accepted everywhere and theyre used to tourists. Most music youll hear in mainstream clubs will be american music, lots of rap, hiphop and pop but there are also clubs where they only play techno.

So that said, since I stayed at a hotel thats very popular among young people, they have like a weekly schedule planned with all the most popular clubs (I guess most hotels have it) so everyone ends up going to the same club that night. You can buy your bracelet right there at the hotel and they provide free transportation to the club. The bracelets are mostly $25-$35 but they are open bar and free access to the vip section (I guess the VIP bracelet costs more when its high season)

Cancun is a very small place and all the hotels are together on a line and most clubs are near from each other, and there is a local bus that goes by everywhere like every five minutes 24 hours so when you get out of the club you just get on the bus. Its like a dollar each way

What makes Cancun really good I think is that everyone thats there is going with the same "mentality" than you, drink 24.7, have a great time, meet new people, etc

The best and most popular clubs in Cancun are:

Cocobongo: its prob the #1 club in Cancun but I didnt think it was the best and that is because they try to make it like a show, for example theres a girl that goes on stage and does an impresionation of Madonna, then 20 mins later comes a guy with like a gun that shoots fire, stuff like that. Its a nice club if youre drunk and its HUGE. Some people say its cheesy but if youre in Cancun you gotta check it out

The City: its one of the newest and it has the most advanced light system in Latin America and its the biggest club as well. Im not good with describing things in meters but this place was HUGE like three times Cocobongo. The music in this place is one of the best (mix of everything) and they usually host big djs and artists. 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Tiesto, PvD, The Game, Ludacris, Paul Oakenfold among others. PvD and Tiesto have been there like twice so far this year. Its also a beach club at day and they have a huge pool, waterslides etc. Its where MTV taped its spring break special this year

DadyO: I guess now its past its prime, its owned by the same people that have one in Acapulco (in Acapulco its the most 'high end' club) they play techno and dance and when I went I had a great time

Senor Frogs: its the place to go if you want to meet american people, I have no idea why americans like it so much, I heard it has a waterslide and a pool

Hope that helped! its a bit too long

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #547
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Tiesto does produce decent music, but his sets start to remind me of Michael Jackson's and Aerosmith concerts- he includes too many OLD songs.

Music is great though.
    His fame began to inflate his head. Pre-2002, the guy was a genius on and off the stage. His older trance sets are among the best and most elegantly energetic (if that makes sense) that I've ever heard, and a lot of his remixes are just :eek: classics.

But Tiesto's the past. The men of today are James Zabiela, James Holden and Hernan Cattaneo. Though not trance, these guys are brilliant DJ's. Zabiela's techincal mixing skills are out of this world!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

The City: its one of the newest and it has the most advanced light system in Latin America and its the biggest club as well. Im not good with describing things in meters but this place was HUGE like three times Cocobongo. The music in this place is one of the best (mix of everything) and they usually host big djs and artists. 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Tiesto, PvD, The Game, Ludacris, Paul Oakenfold among others. PvD and Tiesto have been there like twice so far this year. Its also a beach club at day and they have a huge pool, waterslides etc. Its where MTV taped its spring break special this year
    That is one hell of a combination right there.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    There is no way in hell, I am not going there one day :eek:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Oh in The City they also have huge stages for the people to dance, girls going around offering you shots (thats everywhere though) and when I went they had this one guy that attached people to his harness and flew to the ceiling kinda like a helicopter

It was insane

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    Did you check out Sasha? He's been dropping some really dark prog electro funky stuff these days, been listening to lots of his sets :D
    Missed him unfortunately, he was top of the bill on the warmup night Friday. My mates who saw him were blown away though to be fair, sounded like he was on top form.

You'll have to try and get to this by the way next year.. its swiftly becoming the number 1 festival probably in the world.. I struggle to think of a better lineup than that anywhere.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Damn, I forgot about Dj Tiesto, have you heard his reminx of Adagio for Strings? I love that song!
    Sure, its a very good remix, almost one of his best, almost. He played it as his last song by the way on Sat night.. which you'd know if you'd read the post :p

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Music is great though.
    Aye, spot on, that post. Couldn't agree more, in fact we were just saying that literally 10 minutea ago, that Tiesto seems to get by nowadays by simply playing his old stuff. He's lost any sort of innovation and appears to have become complacent and a little arrogant. Still a good set, very well mixed but on the night PvD wiped the floor with him imo. But then I'm biased :D

Fabi, cheers for that post, very insightful, surprised to hear that big name DJ's frequent the place as well. "The City" looks class, and the bus timetable sounds brilliant as well! Will surely be visiting int he next two years anyway.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Fabi, cheers for that post, very insightful, surprised to hear that big name DJ's frequent the place as well. "The City" looks class, and the bus timetable sounds brilliant as well! Will surely be visiting int he next two years anyway.

Glad you liked it :) for any more questions you can always tell me, and when you end up going you gotta tell me everything about it!

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    greg is too much too ask if i ask you too do a mix for prodigy.

it would be sweet if it started with Funky sh*t and then included, smack my ***** up, breath, firestarter and one man army and no longer than 5-6 mins.

i am asking for too much

Just finished it, 6 minutes & 39 seconds of Prodigy - lol, why did u want such a short mix? Surprisingly it works. I put funky sh*t at the end coz it worked better that way. I only beat mixed the first two tunes, just cross faded the rest with added effects.....

http://rapidshare.de/files/3580350/Greg_s_Prodigy_mix.mp3.html

1. Breathe
    2. Smack my b*tch up
    3. Firestarter
    4. One man army (has this tune got something to do with rage against the machine?
    5. Funky sh*t

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Greg ] ++

Just finished it, 6 minutes & 39 seconds of Prodigy - lol, why did u want such a short mix? Surprisingly it works. I put funky sh*t at the end coz it worked better that way. I only beat mixed the first two tunes, just cross faded the rest with added effects.....

http://rapidshare.de/files/3580350/Greg_s_Prodigy_mix.mp3.html

1. Breathe
    2. Smack my b*tch up
    3. Firestarter
    4. One man army (has this tune got something to do with rage against the machine?
    5. Funky sh*t
    Nice shit :thumb:

I wish the quality was better thou

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001

Glad you liked it :) for any more questions you can always tell me, and when you end up going you gotta tell me everything about it!
    of course, cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)