Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
I'm pretty sure that hip-hop isn't your thing, Tom, but I would highly recommend their first three albums. They are all classics.
You're pretty much right but I like some of the older stuff, run DMC and that kinda stuff - I'll give them a try

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #383
    GU26 - James Lavelle (from UNKLE)

It's ridiculously good! Tracklist is filled with UNKLE productions/remixes and it's amazing. Very dark evil break beats with good vocals in some songs. This is NOT trance. It's more breaks and house mixed. More breaks though. I'm really getting into it.

Hernan Cattaneo - The Masters Series Vol 2 was also released and that's a great deep house cd with some DRIVING basslines. CD2 is superior to CD1. Ah, the start of CD2 when the bassline comes in.....orgasmic.....if you have a good sound system setup of course....

:p

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    One of the decent vocal trance compilations I came across recently is DJ Doboy's "Vocal Edition" (you can hear samples at www.djdoboy.com). His mixes (and regular trance as well) are legally distributed through ptp interfaces. Try it out.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    my favourite pieces of vocal trance are

dido - you take my breath away (tiesto mix)
    dt8 - destination (BK remix)

if you want to try them.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #387
    My favourites? that's too much :D

Here I'll give you some newer vocal trance tunes that have caught my attention.

DT8 Project Feat Andrea Britton - Winter (Original Vocal Mix)

is another great DT8 song.

The first four songs from Armins new ASOT 2005 album are vocal:

Interstate - I Found You (huge vocal song right now)
    Hidden Logic presents Luminary - Wasting
    Markus Schulz - First Time
    Max Graham ft. Jessica Jacobs - I Know You're Gone
    Andy Moor - Halcyon (has some humming in it :p but GREAT song )
    Tilt - Twelve (Max Graham Remix) (once again humming, but HUGE TUNE)Armin van Buuren - Shivers (armins latest vocal tune, dissapoiting for my level of expecation for armin..., but typical vocal trance tune)

As for stuff thats not on that album, check out these tunes:

Lili Haydn - Anything (Gabriel & Dresden Code 313 Dub) (little more housey than trance, but great remix by g&d)
    Motorcycle - Before We Fade Away (motorcylces latest, you may know them from their 2003 hit 'as the rush comes' this is their latest song, but it's not released yet and only set rips are out, havent heard it too much myself)
    Whiteroom feat. Amy Cooper - Someday (Original Mix)
    Josh Gabriel - Alive (Original Mix) (if you like male vocals )

I'm heading more to prog, house and breaks these days. But that's about as good as I can do in 5 minutes :D

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #388
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    One of the decent vocal trance compilations I came across recently is DJ Doboy's "Vocal Edition" (you can hear samples at www.djdoboy.com). His mixes (and regular trance as well) are legally distributed through ptp interfaces. Try it out.
    Interesting what this guy is doing. Just hope he doesn't get busted for illegal mp3 distribution.
    :dontcare:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I need some help here guys.

I, the master of Mix CD's, have been commisioned by a beautiful blonde (not my wife :D), to put together a techno/trance CD's.

What, in your opinion are the top 6 or 7 songs out right now?

Thank you.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Well the cream of trance music right now is probably the stuff on "a state of trance 2005" by Armin Van Buuren, though I must admit it hasn't overly impressed me on first listening. The mixing skills are top notch but if thats the best trance music out there I'm going to have to start genre hopping methinks.

Better leave this one to PersianMafia, I'm more of a cheesy 80's pop buff these days :redface:

And do you have her number? :D

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #394
    Just download a late 90's early 2000s Tiesto or Paul van Dyk set. Primetime trance :cool:

My favourites right now (many of these are not only trance, but have prog elements):

Tiesto Feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Just Be (Antillas Club Mix)
    Solid Globe - Lost Cities (Original Mix)
    Andy Moor - Halcyon
    Tilt - Twelve (Max Graham Remix)
    Mike Foyle presents Statica - Space Guitar
    Rachael Starr - Till There Was You (Gabriel & Dresden 12 Step Remix)

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    I've heard Lisa Pin-up, Judge Jules & Paul van Dyk + some other uk DJs. As u can imagine Jules and PvD were awesome!!

who have u guys heard?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Nobody decent.. sad thing is i don't actually know enough people that would want to see the likes of PvD live..

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    quality tunes on last night.. was quite surprised to hear

members of mayday - 10 in 01
    PvD - we are alive
    delerium - silence mixed with oakenfold's take on braveheart theme
    tiesto - love comes again

that, for derby standards is pretty darn funky :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)