Technical problem here, Martin! (1 Viewer)

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
This question may, quite actually this subject must have been addressed already but I'm seriously fed up with receiving a notice in my mail box for every reply posted in threads I suscribed to. 136 totally worthless messages to erase, this morning only! No wonder I don't post much here. This is a problem that does not occur on other online forums!

How do I stop the bleeding?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
At the top of the page, go to Profile -> Edit Options, and check "No" for the box that says "Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."

I can't believe you've waited so long to ask this :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey, I didn't even notice. 1 minute or less, how's that for tech support? :D

No problem mate ;)

OP

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    I'm kinda embarassed now as the solution was simple. I never bothered to check the options since I always thought they naturally and implicitly went the user's convenience way and I never thought one would manage to fill in more than 400 posts of 'Vieri nearly joined' gossip. At that point, it became a problem that could no longer be overlooked!

Quite frankly Martin, that 'email notification' option should be disenabled by default!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Oh it's a big problem with vbulletin. The email notification crap is a pain in the ass cause when the users mailbox is full I get all the bounces. :groan: Good thing I have a solid spam filter. :devil:

But even when we disable all such options for a user account, the forum still sends the emails sometimes, it's a weakness of the software. Will be interesting to see if the problem persists in vbulletin 3, which is right around the corner.

++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    Quite frankly Martin, that 'email notification' option should be disenabled by default!
    I believe it has been for the past year and a half. But you registered in 2002 so..

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Oh it's a big problem with vbulletin. The email notification crap is a pain in the ass cause when the users mailbox is full I get all the bounces. :groan: Good thing I have a solid spam filter. :devil:

But even when we disable all such options for a user account, the forum still sends the emails sometimes, it's a weakness of the software. Will be interesting to see if the problem persists in vbulletin 3, which is right around the corner.

I believe it has been for the past year and a half. But you registered in 2002 so..

martin why dont u use the same software the www.em411.com forums use. its a work of art unto itself. im a member there and, damn.

just a suggestion. what do u think?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    What's so great about the site Josh? It looks pretty, but the forum itself is nothing to write home about

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    im asking the webmaster right now martin :D

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    What's so great about the site Josh? It looks pretty, but the forum itself is nothing to write home about
    well it WAS. this is the new update. it was done like 2 weeks ago.

check this out:

thats when i have no mail.

and the other attached pic is when i do have mail. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)