Team of the year (12/13) (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Götze has no bussiness being in best elevens Zach. Non at all. And leaving out both Messi and Ronaldo is simply not being honest with yourself.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Götze has no bussiness being in best elevens Zach. Non at all. And leaving out both Messi and Ronaldo is simply not being honest with yourself.
I'm putting up a squad based on who played the best during the year, not who had the most potential.

thats why nedved got the golden ball, cause talent wise he had no business in a world wich had ronaldo, zidane, figo, rivaldo.

messi was crap in europe, crap in the big games in spain. ronaldo had a lesser season in spain, but was good in europe, so he makes the bench

gotze, reus, ribery, those were the players that got their team into the final

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Those players playing in a great collective team got them into a final, Götze did not do that well for Dortmund, was mainly good but not exceptional, league or CL. Ronaldo had a great CL year, and Messi being Messi as usual while playing in a weaker Barca basically. I would defenitely have Messi over Götze (duh) and Ronaldo over Ribery, though I atleast get why Ribery is chosen, he was overall fantastic. Can keep him and take out Ibra for Ronaldo prolly.

If you are so keen to highlight Bayern players, you should take out Licht, move Lahm to right and put Alaba to left.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Those players playing in a great collective team got them into a final, Götze did not do that well for Dortmund, was mainly good but not exceptional, league or CL. Ronaldo had a great CL year, and Messi being Messi as usual while playing in a weaker Barca basically. I would defenitely have Messi over Götze (duh) and Ronaldo over Ribery, though I atleast get why Ribery is chosen, he was overall fantastic. Can keep him and take out Ibra for Ronaldo prolly.

If you are so keen to highlight Bayern players, you should take out Licht, move Lahm to right and put Alaba to left.
Ribery did better then ronaldo in the CL. He was good in each game, and decided the final with that fantastic ball to robben.

Messi ? he was invisible against milan first game, played well against a horribly bad milan second game, didnt excist in the games against bayeren.
Sorry, but i dont care how many goals he scores against weak opponents. He didnt deliver in the big games, the others did.

Gotze is someone we can discuss. i consider him vital for the way dortmund played, wich is also why bayern bought him. Iniesta could also have taken that place, or one of kroos/muller. But for me, gotze was better this year.

Ibra is a tough spot. He had a fantastic season in france, and carried psg in the CL. From all the lone strikers, i'd say he played the best this year

OP
Oz_Bianconero88
Nov 17, 2012
  • Thread Starter #14

- - - Updated - - -

Starting 11, based on performance this season

Bench : based on the actually best players to have around
    No Chiello or Luis Gustavo? Big call, but I agree with most your team in all honesty. Also quite surprised by the omissions of Cavani, Lewa, Müller and Schweini.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    No Chiello or Luis Gustavo? Big call, but I agree with most your team in all honesty. Also quite surprised by the omissions of Cavani, Lewa, Müller and Schweini.
    i'll repeat, this isnt the team with highest potential, but those who played the best.

Barzagli was better then chiellini. Cavani wasent doing anything in europe, only domestic, and didnt nearly win the scudetto

zlatan played better then any of the lone strikers.

i tought martinez was better then schwein or gustavo, but thats open for debate.

muller was in the balance with gotze, but i rated him higher

- - - Updated - - -

use a realistic formation please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)