Tanguy Ndombele - CM - Lyon (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I wanna hear how an African pronounces his name though.
Check the video I posted above. Although not an african pronouncing it but one of the commentator's nailed it. Listen from 4:25

- - - Updated - - -

very good observation. and he's a french guy to begin with. i like to pronounce a player's name the way it's meant to be.
The name is African.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wanna hear how an African pronounces his name though.
I can't see any reason why it's not almost identical. Ton-gee (e)n-dom-bay-lay

Apparently Ndombélé comes from Angola and DR Congo - the latter most likely for his heritage.

I always think of the ex-Coventry player Peter Ndlovu from Zimbabwe, whose name was always pronounced "Un-love" in England. I remember asking him as a kid how to pronounce his name and he said (e)nd-lov-oo.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

Apparently Ndombélé comes from Angola and DR Congo - the latter most likely for his heritage.

I always think of the ex-Coventry player Peter Ndlovu from Zimbabwe, whose name was always pronounced "Un-love" in England. I remember asking him as a kid how to pronounce his name and he said (e)nd-lov-oo.
:tup: I might be spinning it the East African way.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Lovemore N’dou

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Are we interested in buying both zaniolo or ndombele
Definitely but we are also interested in other players
Ndombele is expensive but possible while Zaniolo is more of a question of his loyalty for Roma
Icardi might leave if he asks and might join us if we are still interested in him
De Ligt is tricky as his price is way too steep and while we are clearly interested we might go for a cheaper option (Romero of Genoa)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Definitely but we are also interested in other players
Ndombele is expensive but possible while Zaniolo is more of a question of his loyalty for Roma
Icardi might leave if he asks and might join us if we are still interested in him
De Ligt is tricky as his price is way too steep and while we are clearly interested we might go for a cheaper option (Romero of Genoa)
When De Jong cost Barca 75 million euros De ligt will also cost a lot of money our first priority should be Zaniolo

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
When De Jong cost Barca 75 million euros De ligt will also cost a lot of money our first priority should be Zaniolo
Yes and no.
Zaniolo should be much cheaper than De Ligt so obviously he is more attainable + our defense is ok for now and we have Rugani on the bench while Romero seems to be heading here
That being said, our no`1 priority should be a CM which means someone who can improve us and make a difference
Linked player: Pogba Ndombele
I believe SMS can do a decent job as well but Pogba is the one we need and we should do everything that in our power in order to get him.
I would be happy with Tanguy as well though..

farfan

Mar 12, 2016
very good observation. and he's a french guy to begin with. i like to pronounce a player's name the way it's meant to be.
French speakers pronounce it wrong though ( including those of African descent who simply gave up trying to tell people how to pronounce it )

Benatia is also pronounced " Benassia" in French, which as any arabic speaker here can tell you is completely off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)