Taddei to Juve in January? (1 Viewer)

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
1million!!! he's definately worth more but you know Moggi he allways tries to get players for cheap and usually succeeds, Forza Moggi!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Siena await Taddei bids Friday 10 December, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siena are ready to sell Rodrigo Taddei in January but the club have not received any offers.

"I’m prepared to let him go to whichever club he wants but we have yet to be made an official bid," stated President Paolo De Luca.

"Now it is up to him to decide what he will do in the future. Taddei has a great opportunity but he needs to prove his worth.

"He needs to show people what he is capable of doing on the pitch because we’ve not received any great offers for him as of yet."

The Brazilian has only just returned to first team action after spending the last six months on the bench.

He was frozen out of the squad after refusing to sign a new contract with the Tuscan minnows.

Although he still hasn’t extended his deal, which expires in the summer of 2005, he is back in the side.

However, he’s now expected to be sold for a nominal fee in January rather than leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Roma, his first choice, and Juventus have been strongly associated with the creative midfielder

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec10b.html

Great news, even though I admit I dislike his face.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
And know this happens

Siena in Taddei U-turn Monday 20 December, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After originally stating that Rodrigo Taddei would leave in January, Siena now say he could remain.

The Brazilian was expected to join Roma after Christmas, as his contract in Tuscany expires in the summer of 2005.

But Siena chief Paolo De Luca has stated that the talented midfielder may stay despite talk of a possible switch to Juventus too.

"I’m 99.9 per cent sure that Taddei will not leave in January," said the Bianconeri owner. "Stories that he will join Juve in exchange for Mark Iuliano are untrue.

"If boss Gigi Simoni agrees, then Taddei will keep playing for us until the end of the campaign."

The tactician is ready to keep picking the South American but wants guarantees from the player.

"I want to fully understand what his real intentions are," the former Inter tactician explained.

"If he is motivated enough to help in our survival battle then that is fine, otherwise I’ll ignore him.

"I have no intention of working hard for others to profit. I don’t want to train Taddei and then see him leave for another club the day after."

source: channel4.com

Moral of the story: don't get so excited until the deal is 100% confirmed

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Moral of the story: "don't get so excited until the deal is 100% confirmed"

haha, we have a long way to go. still 99.9% left ;)

Jul 28, 2002
how about no. Is he of real quality ??? No. Will help bolster the squad with out disruptions...unlikely.Why do we need to sign him? surely we can fill his slot with someone of superior ability?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
It seems we have offered Siena either Birindelli or Pessotto for the services of Taddei.
Birindelli or Pessotto? Foolish imo seeing as if one of them leave we'll be left with only three full backs. Why not offload Legrottaglie, Montero or Iuliano? We have more depth in centre defence.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Birindelli or Pessotto? Foolish imo seeing as if one of them leave we'll be left with only three full backs. Why not offload Legrottaglie, Montero or Iuliano? We have more depth in centre defence.
Cannavaro can play on the right, as can Thuram, and Iuliano can play on the left. We've got a first choice rightback, and the same on the left. Selling either Pessotto or Birindelli will leave us with one back-up who can play either side and several players who can fill in if necessary. BTW, no one wants Legrottaglie, Montero, or Iuliano...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    Heard we could get him for 1.5m €. Let's get him. He can play in the CL too if really needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)