tactics and formations (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++

Tell me, who is as good as Seedorf in our troop? we certainly dont have a Rui Costa type of player, we dont have a Kaká and not a Pirlo. We DO have a Nedved, who isnt fit and old. And he is unavailable at the moment. We DO have an Emerson who is rocksolid, but not much to be proud of offensively. We DO have a Blasi who is even more defensive. We have a Olivera, who seems to suck in those big games. We do have a tired, satisfied Icon named Del Piero, we do have a Zlatan who cant pass to a player 2meters ahead of him, but he can dribble past 6 players. We do have a injuryprone Trezeguet who has lost his sense of goalscoring, since he cant get the right balls to work with. We DO have a underrated Zalayeta, who isn't used so much as he should, our best attacker. And we DO have a Mutu, who is fatter than Ronaldo and cant play until the season is almost over. We DO have a Kapo, who hasnt impressed me at all and surely not Capello either. We DO have a Tacchinardi who isnt as good as Blasi and Emerson. We DO have a Camoranesi though, which i'm glad for, but still he isnt pacy. We have a Zebina who is a security risk and cant cross the ball whatsoever. I bet I have forgot someone, but still, we lack the qualityplayers that Milan has.

please, tell me why I shouldnt be worried and are we really that great in the leagues? it's spelled: L-U-C-K-Y!! We have run out of luck and we miss many important players. The team looks tired and most players are out of form.
I get your point, and agree that Milan have more quality in their squad than us, but you shouldn't get too pessimistic about it, as we also have certain things they don't: arguably the best coach in the world, the best goalkeeper in the world, the best defence so far in both Serie A and CL including arguably the best leftsided defender in the world, exceptional individuals such as Nedved and Del Piero, a great player with great future in Ibrahimovic, and so on. Milan have none of that. And remember: a team packed with stars is no guarantee of success.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

I get your point, and agree that Milan have more quality in their squad than us, but you shouldn't get too pessimistic about it, as we also have certain things they don't: arguably the best coach in the world, the best goalkeeper in the world, the best defence so far in both Serie A and CL including arguably the best leftsided defender in the world, exceptional individuals such as Nedved and Del Piero, a great player with great future in Ibrahimovic, and so on. Milan have none of that. And remember: a team packed with stars is no guarantee of success.
That's true ;) and we have M O G G I :drool: and good economicc

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I hope we continiuw with the same 4-3-3 formation in all games wether we play in turin or else , we must attack always

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The 4-3-3 is working very well but I'm interested to see what will happen when Nedved returns. I'd drop Blasi for him and continue to play the trident upfront but me thinks that's a bit too attacking for Capello's liking.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Stuart, you stoled my question :D... I also have been wondering what will happend when Neddy gets back... will we still use the 4-3-3 formation?

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
The 4-3-3 is working very well but I'm interested to see what will happen when Nedved returns. I'd drop Blasi for him and continue to play the trident upfront but me thinks that's a bit too attacking for Capello's liking.
If it were up to me, I'd drop one of the strikers, and play nedved up there..

Something like this..

Nedved-----------Alex
----------Zlatan------

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
i would drop blasi too, but cap seems to like him a lot

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I would not. Blasi doesn't get enough credit on this forums, he always gives his all and he is always everywhere on the pitch. Especially against big opponents Blasi is usefull, to kick down some big ego's who'll never know what hits them.

Blasi needs to work on his ball control a little, but give the 'unsung hero' some credit please!

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
I think Blasi is great. Okay, maybe not so great in recent matches, but he is by far better than Tacchinardi and Appiah...!!!

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
Nedved on the right.:confused:
Somebody remembers, what kind of system played Chech republic in Euro. There was Nedved very good.
Actually I meant putting him on the left and alex on the right.. :wallbang:

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
I think Blasi is great. Okay, maybe not so great in recent matches, but he is by far better than Tacchinardi and Appiah...!!!
better than appiah,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ok
better than tacchi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not always spesially in the big games against big names bcuz he has the enough experience to give the team his best

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As I thought the case might be, Capello seems set to go back to the 4-4-2. Nedved could start on Saturday with DP and Zlatan upfront.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Blasi is a pretty good player and one thing that you can't question is his work ethic. He's very effective when it comes to closing down players and ball winning which makes him a solid defensive midfielder, but he offers nothing from an attacking perspective. He isn't technically gifted, he's not a great passer or crosser, not creative, running at defenders with the ball at his feet isn't one of his specialties, and he doesn't score goals. We already have a world-class holding midfielder in the form of Emerson so I'd prefer to have someone a bit more attacking play in the other central midfield position, someone like Maresca, Rosicky or Pizarro.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I actually think Blasi's a great passer, but I do agree with your other points. Even though it's probably be ideal to have a more attacking player in his position, Blasi has really found his way into my heart in a short space of time. He works hard for the team and is a real no-nonsense player

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I actually think Blasi's a great passer, but I do agree with your other points. Even though it's probably be ideal to have a more attacking player in his position, Blasi has really found his way into my heart in a short space of time. He works hard for the team and is a real no-nonsense player
Yup. Man I want Pizarro :drool: to partner Emerson in the middle.. what a duo!

Nedved-Pizarro-Emerson-Camoranesi = great midfield...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Here's the question, the trident is something that is working good with us, at least it is giving results. With Nedved coming back, will we go back to the 4-4-2 or stay with the 4-3-3 and if we stay with the latter where will Nedved be placed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)