Tactics and Formations (9 Viewers)

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Pirlo: "maybe we can impose a team which has a back 3 but defends in 4"

idk what he meant by this but it could mean 2 things.

1)either he plays a back 3 with bonucci shifting more in the midfield (like marquinhos did this season with psg)
2) plays a back 4 with a regista, which drops deep and forms a back 3 in the offensive play

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
When other top teams play with 3 at the back it's usually converted fullbacks / pacy players very suited going forward. 3 man backline with Chiellini and Demiral + De ligt/Bonucci would be so underwhelming

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pirlo: "maybe we can impose a team which has a back 3 but defends in 4"

idk what he meant by this but it could mean 2 things.

1)either he plays a back 3 with bonucci shifting more in the midfield (like marquinhos did this season with psg)
2) plays a back 4 with a regista, which drops deep and forms a back 3 in the offensive play
Watch the video of his conference, they asked him about formations and he said he doesn't have a fixed one, and that we could when we attack have a back 3, when we defend back 4 (meaning a fullback joins the attack while the other stays with the CBs. Or both push and the DM stays deep). He's just guessing at this point as he doesn't have a clear idea yet

0:45

- - - Updated - - -

When other top teams play with 3 at the back it's usually converted fullbacks / pacy players very suited going forward. 3 man backline with Chiellini and Demiral + De ligt/Bonucci would be so underwhelming
You rather Danilo then?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont know.. I just dont think Chiellini can return to be the defender he once was after that nasty injury..
Bonucci would be ok in a back 3 while De Ligt is a must!
Our midfield get a camelion in the shape of Kulusevski and A.Sandro but I feel that Kulusevski will be wasted in this position.
Arthur and Bentancur might find it tough in the middle while I have no complaint for the attack beside the fact that it can only last for a season or two and then we might have to change 2/3 of our attack and its not as if Dzeko is Ronaldo that it is worth it...
I know we are getting him and he is ok for the next season but we really need to think bigger than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)