Tactics and Formations (23 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This is why Matuidi still plays. I have questions whether Rabiot can run enough for this role. But I want to see Berna there for a few minutes against Brescia or something. Because that also gives you the 4-4-2 attack option.
With Pjanic in the middle and Ronaldo not defending, these may be the only options without losing some balance aka being too light.

DC - Ramsey - Pjanic - Matuidi
DC - Can - Pjanic - Rabiot
DC/Cuadra - Can - Rabiot - Berna/DC

Unless Rabiot proves to be clearly better than Ramsey, I'd rather have Matuidi over Can.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I guess it depends on Sarri.
He is risk averse kind of coach

We played with a backbone of
Higuain - Ronaldo - Cuadrado in attack
Matuidi - Khedira in midfield

Its so 2015. Our team backbone is very old.
While we have a great replacement especially in MF
Rabiot - Can

rainhard

May 5, 2004

1:46 These kids play what Sarri wants from GK with one touch quick pass to start attack

If these kids can, I just cant see why our international class player can't play one touch quick passing with high accuracy and speed

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don’t mind the fact that Sarri doesn’t play Dybala, Higuain and Ronaldo together. We played them together for for 10 minutes against Inter and we lost control of the midfield. The benefit of rotating Dybala and Higuain is that we always have at least one top class player on the bench who can make a difference if subbed on.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The thing with the diamond formation is that while it allows us to win possession better in the midfield, we struggle against teams that congest middle.

We rely on our fullbacks to create width, but Cuadrado is the only one doing that. Sandro is not as good going forward and frequently tucks inside. I feel like Spina would have suited this formation better than Sandro would.

The alternative is to play 433, but we don’t have the wingers for it. You simply cannot rely on Costa to be fit, and I prefer Cuads at right back.

The good news is that this problem is more likely to occur in Serie A. We will get more space against better opponents in Europe who won’t park the bus and play an open game. It’s not a coincidence that our best games this season have come against stronger opposition.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
u7x4p9fw0lx31.jpg

Khedira and Matuidi are crap and offer nothing from midfield... but everyone already knows that.

My preferred midfield is Pjanic, Bentancur and Rabiot. If Rabiot is not willing to work hard enough, then play Bernardeschi as LCM.

Matuidi and Khedira - two MLS players who have long outlived their usefulness.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Not really sure why sarri doesn't wanna start higuian ,Dybala, Ronaldo together . I just don't understand this man.
He has explained it more than enough.

It leaves us exposed in the midfield in certain situations.

It also means we have less options of the bench and we cant play a 50 games season playing them all, all the time.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
It also means we have less options of the bench and we cant play a 50 games season playing them all, all the time.
I, politely, disagree.

Attack

1.Pros of 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 with our squad:

If we play with three upfront we can utilize many of our players. Costa can be used as a left wing or right inverted striker, Bernardeschi can be used the same way and he has proven that he possess a good shot, good acceleration and can dribble past 1-2 players at a time. Cuadrado can be used as a right winger next to Higgy and CR7.

2. Cons of 3-4-3 or 5-2-3:
Our midfielders will struggle for playing time. So, it will be a good idea to offload at least 1-2 of them in the winter and get a quality player for a needed position.

About the midfield:

We can use both de Ligt and Bonucci as a ball playing CBs to help the midfield. Also we can always use one attacking and one defensive full back to balance things out depending on the opposition.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
You are replying to a different topic. His question was why Sarri doesn't play the strikers we have together, I posted what Sarri has said.

Nothing about the 3-4-3. You can play the 3-4-3 or the 4-3-1-2 with any combination of our players. The problem is playing Ronaldo, Higuain and Dybala together the whole season.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He has explained it more than enough.

It leaves us exposed in the midfield in certain situations.

Juve's mid is too sloppy and more like receive the ball in the middle of the pitch do a series of pointless step overs then pass it back.this team lacks 1-2 quality midfielders.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Szczesny

Demiral Bonucci De Ligt

Cuadrado Bentancur Pjanic Matuidi Sandro

Dybala Ronaldo

Higuain super sub. I’d put Ramsey over Matuidi if he were healthy. He’s best in a b2b role, not as a treq

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Woj
Cuadrado demiral de ligt sandro
Bentancur Pjanic Rabiot
Dybala Ronaldo
Higuain

We can't rely on Costa or Ramsey...if available they are a bonus and can cover several positions.

No more headless chickens like matuidi. We need rabiot to start playing. In form he adds a lot to this midfield.

Demiral needs to play ahead of bonucci simply because he can defend. When Chiellini and barzagli existed bonucci lack of defensive skills were not exposed. De ligt has the skills and the talent as proven at Ajax.

With Costa never fit we have no choice but to start the trio of Dybala ronaldo and Higuain.

Bernadeschi can't play..of anything give him a go in midfield ahead of Matuidi.

Apr 19, 2007
Woj
Cuadrado demiral de ligt sandro
Bentancur Pjanic Rabiot
Dybala Ronaldo
Higuain

We can't rely on Costa or Ramsey...if available they are a bonus and can cover several positions.

No more headless chickens like matuidi. We need rabiot to start playing. In form he adds a lot to this midfield.

Demiral needs to play ahead of bonucci simply because he can defend. When Chiellini and barzagli existed bonucci lack of defensive skills were not exposed. De ligt has the skills and the talent as proven at Ajax.

With Costa never fit we have no choice but to start the trio of Dybala ronaldo and Higuain.

Bernadeschi can't play..of anything give him a go in midfield ahead of Matuidi.
Costa and Ramsey being out are the reason we cant play those 3. We have no subs for the front 3. Right now we play Berna as AM that can be covered by our cm players or COsta ramsey when fit but if we go to the front 3 trident without Costa and ramsey we have no one to sub on. I think it will happen when Costa and Ramsey are back but not before that. Id like to see Cuads cover sometimes as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)