So seems like our line up will be

Woj
RB Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot
Bernardeschi Cristiano Ronaldo Douglas Costa

De Ligt, Dybala, Can, Cuadrado/Chiesa, Kean as the relevant bench players

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think the one player who will buy into Sarri and his style of play is ronaldo. And if ronaldo becomes the cheer leader for it others in the team will jump on the Sarri bus quickly. Think about the players who have suffered under Allegri...Dybala, Costa....players who have been hamstrung to play their true attacking style. Right now these players would be excited.

As much as I liked Allegri and appreciated what he did for us over 5 years, players had to adapt to his style as well even when it was detrimental to their best fit in the team.

I'm just keen to see what formula he has for this team. Ronaldo Dybala Costa Bernie potentially chiesa...Rabiot Ramsey and Pjanic and possibly pogba...de Ligt.....

Lots of existing and potential stars joining...can Sarri take us to CL glory.

Last napoli coach we got was lippi from memory..He turned out to be one of our greatest!
The key is we must get great result, and players will be more accustomed to the systems.
this will improve confidence and if we play a quick transition attacking attractive football, it will entertain the fans too

I think it will be great if we can play with tridente CR7 , Higuain and Dybala

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If we could keep Cancelo, a 352 would be interesting, with a backline of Chiello-De Ligt-Can, followed by a mid of Pjanic-Rabiot-Ramsey. Cancelo-Sandro on the wings, Dybala-Ronaldo upfront

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The key is we must get great result, and players will be more accustomed to the systems.
this will improve confidence and if we play a quick transition attacking attractive football, it will entertain the fans too

I think it will be great if we can play with tridente CR7 , Higuain and Dybala

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
too much salary Higuain+Dybala and Ronaldo

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think we are really serious for Pogba and will be getting him.
I expect a Rabiot Pogba Ramsey and Pjanic midfield the question is which formation we will use
4-3-1-2 (Ramsey as treq) and Dybala Ronaldo up front?
4-3-3 Pjanic as the Jorginho type and Pogba+one of Ramsey Rabiot (rotation)?

I think all the answers are yes to all as we would be playing according to which players Sarri want to play with so we might see a 4-3-1-2 formation but also 4-3-3 which could allow D.Costa find his space...
Bernardeschi could play in both formation due to his ability to play in the center
3-4-3 - I wouldnt rule that one as well

We would just have to wait and see...

I expect a tough first 2 months for Sarri but I expect us to crush everyone from then and forward
CL - We will probably top our group and then everything is open

We will just have to wait and see

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I think we are really serious for Pogba and will be getting him.
I expect a Rabiot Pogba Ramsey and Pjanic midfield the question is which formation we will use
4-3-1-2 (Ramsey as treq) and Dybala Ronaldo up front?
4-3-3 Pjanic as the Jorginho type and Pogba+one of Ramsey Rabiot (rotation)?

I think all the answers are yes to all as we would be playing according to which players Sarri want to play with so we might see a 4-3-1-2 formation but also 4-3-3 which could allow D.Costa find his space...
Bernardeschi could play in both formation due to his ability to play in the center
3-4-3 - I wouldnt rule that one as well

We would just have to wait and see...

I expect a tough first 2 months for Sarri but I expect us to crush everyone from then and forward
CL - We will probably top our group and then everything is open

We will just have to wait and see
"I've tried with three at the back in the past, after a few games I figured it didn't work for me" - Sarri

I don't see us going for Pogba. We'll have 5 players for 3 spots when Rabiot is official:
Pjanic, Rabiot, Ramsey, Can, Bentancur.
Matuidi is questionable.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
"I've tried with three at the back in the past, after a few games I figured it didn't work for me" - Sarri

I don't see us going for Pogba. We'll have 5 players for 3 spots when Rabiot is official:
Matuidi is questionable.
He doesnt see - Paratici does...
As for 3 at the back - Maybe its not an option..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pogba here would be fantastic! But not for the reported €150m!!
I dont think he would cost that much - I mean in money sent to Man Utd..
His overall transfer fee might reach 150M though as you have agent fee and Raiola is known for his ridiculous fees.. + Pogba`s sign on fee which will probably be 10M or more..

I expect a 130M fee with Raiola and Pogba getting it to 150M +- ( Agent fee to be paid by both parties)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

Matuidi is questionable.
I don't see Pogba happening either but 5 players for 3 positions in MF is really bad then you factor in injuries and it's nothing at all

Can will slot in wherever needed and Bent and Matuidi if he stays should be league rotation players.

We might be better off with a midfield diamond if we get another quality midfielder. Then Dybala gets to play in his best/only role again.

Eros

Jun 14, 2019
You obviously have never watched Ramsey play before.
I’ve watched plenty of Arsenal and PSG games and I have to agree with DAiDEViL on this one(hope we are proven wrong).
Ramsey,IMO, is very good at inserting himself in the final third and taking advantage of the forwards taking defenders with them to free up space. However, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. With Sarri’s possession heavy game, he will have to step up this part of his game. Defensively, he’s not going to do the dirty work(hence Arsenal usually playing Xhaka and Torreira/Guendozi behind him.

As for Rabiot, I actually prefer his style to Ramsey’s. He reminds me of a much more mobile Thiago Motta type with the potential strength of a Vieira. He still needs to work on his passing accuracy but his height and long legs will definitely help him win duels defensively. As he will most likely be the player most responsible for recovering balls, his discipline will be key throughout the season.

I expect a long summer camp for both of these players as Sarri’s style will bring out some of their deficiencies and hopefully they can sort it before the season kicks off.

Salut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)