Tactics and Formations (10 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
Not bad, but MDS as starting RB...+ Cuads will leave and Berna is not a starting material simply (coming from bench more than OK).
I agree its not that convincing. Maybe its changed a little but I think its about where we will stand. Maybe Ronaldo goes wide and we have Chiesa/Dybale and ronaldo or Icardi to make it more potent.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see that too, but it's horrible.
Its not horrible. Will be very dynamic at times and be able to control the middle like we have wanted. Maybe Dybala goes up top flanked by Ronaldo and another speedy winger to be more dynamic but who really knows what Sarri is thinking? He probably doesnt fully know yet

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I see a 4-3-3 with someting like this

MDS(defensive rb---------Bonucci----Chiellini------------Sandro

-------------------------------Pjanic----------------------------------------------

----------------------Ramsey-------------------Pogba/SMS/Ndombele

------Cuads/Berna----------------------------------------------Costa/Chiesa

--------------------------------------Ronaldo/Kean------------------------------
Please no

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If we get Rabiot, do people think we will get another mid?

Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot
Can Bentancur

Who else do we get and who gets benched? Or we sell Pjanic? To play Rabiot at DM, which he is against so much?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If we get Rabiot, do people think we will get another mid?

Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot
Can Bentancur

Who else do we get and who gets benched? Or we sell Pjanic? To play Rabiot at DM, which he is against so much?
Nope. Our midfield would be good to go. We need to splash 90m on a CB.

Or I could see completely different scenario. We dont sign a WC Cb, we sign Marquinhos and Chiesa.

Rabiot, Marquinhos, Rabiot, Chiesa.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
People content with two free bums in midfield? You call that an upgrade? :howler:

That's just papering over the cracks; you peasants never learn.

Sure, Ramsey is a quality addition, if he manages to stay healthy that is, and Fagiot Rabiot the Faggy French Frog is a quality player when he's actually focused on playing and not throwing hissy fits and being a self entitled French twat. We need more quality and physical presence in midfield.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
People content with two free bums in midfield? You call that an upgrade? :howler:

That's just papering over the cracks; you peasants never learn.

Sure, Ramsey is a quality addition, if he manages to stay healthy that is, and Fagiot Rabiot the Faggy French Frog is a quality player when he's actually focused on playing and not throwing hissy fits and being a self entitled French twat. We need more quality and physical presence in midfield.
Rabiot > Matuidi & Ramsey > Khedira. It's as simple as that. Can it get even better? Hell yeah. Let's wait and see, maybe Pogba actually comes :p

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I am still on the fence on Sarri. On the one hand, it would be nice to see us play a more attractive brand of football but a few things worry me. Firstly, he strikes me as the kind of coach who requires his players to adapt to him rather than him adapting to the quality of the players he has which can always cause issues. Secondly, he is stubborn and doesn't rotate the squad enough which is going to be a problem given our poor history with injuries and fitness. Thirdly, while he is more of a modern football coach, the winning in style in Europe is becoming much less about possession but speed and press - something Liverpool have pioneered and other English teams adopt - even Guardiola has evolved his style somewhat in England.

Lets see how it goes. I really don't know what to expect.
Sarri style of football is very much speed and press, as much as possession is. Possession in itself is not a goal in Sarri style, there is no keeping possession for just the sake of it (guardiola style), the goal is to have as many attacking plays as possible in 90 minutes. When in possession it's about very fast and direct 1 touch passing, as well as playing very high defense to shorten the distance to the opponent box.
To maximize number of attacking plays Sarri also play a very high line and intensive pressing game, quite an extreme version even. In effect I think that both sarri's style and Klopp's achieve the same thing only in a very different method.

Agree that Sarri is definitely the type of coach that requires players to adept to his style, he is a stubborn character even, it seems to me. Our players "buying in" is a question we should get an answer for by December. Also why I think he stood zero chance to succeeded with Chelsea. Not that Chelsea squad is inferior to Napoli's, but they are incompatible with "Sarriball", especially on the defense .

If our players buy in and a fitting midfielder is added I think our brand of football will surprise a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

4-3-1-2 with Ramsey behind Ronaldo and Dybala/Mandzukic/Chiesa
I definitely think we are starting the season with exactly that.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think the one player who will buy into Sarri and his style of play is ronaldo. And if ronaldo becomes the cheer leader for it others in the team will jump on the Sarri bus quickly. Think about the players who have suffered under Allegri...Dybala, Costa....players who have been hamstrung to play their true attacking style. Right now these players would be excited.

As much as I liked Allegri and appreciated what he did for us over 5 years, players had to adapt to his style as well even when it was detrimental to their best fit in the team.

I'm just keen to see what formula he has for this team. Ronaldo Dybala Costa Bernie potentially chiesa...Rabiot Ramsey and Pjanic and possibly pogba...de Ligt.....

Lots of existing and potential stars joining...can Sarri take us to CL glory.

Last napoli coach we got was lippi from memory..He turned out to be one of our greatest!

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Szczeny to play more of a sweeper role like Kepa/Reina.

Bonucci to be the ball playing CB like David luis or Albiol

Deligt/Chiellini to be the physical CB like rudiger/koulibaly

Sandro to be the offensive fullback like ghoulam/emerson palmieri

Cancelo dosnt fit the defensive Rb that sarri usually has i.e. azpel or hisaj but hopefully he stays.

Pjanic to be the deep lying playmaker such as Jorginho

Pogba/ Milinkovic Savic/Ramsey to be the attacking box2box midfielder like Hamsick

Rabiot/Can to be the defensive box2box midfielder like Kante/Allan.

Dybala to be the false 9 like mertens

Ronaldo to be the goal scoring LW inside forward like hazard/mertens/insigne

Chiesa/Costa/Bernardeschi to be the pure winger like pedro/callejon/willian

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Szczeny to play more of a sweeper role like Kepa/Reina.

Bonucci to be the ball playing CB like David luis or Albiol

Deligt/Chiellini to be the physical CB like rudiger/koulibaly

Sandro to be the offensive fullback like ghoulam/emerson palmieri

Cancelo dosnt fit the defensive Rb that sarri usually has i.e. azpel or hisaj but hopefully he stays.

Pjanic to be the deep lying playmaker such as Jorginho

Pogba/ Milinkovic Savic/Ramsey to be the attacking box2box midfielder like Hamsick

Rabiot/Can to be the defensive box2box midfielder like Kante/Allan.

Dybala to be the false 9 like mertens

Ronaldo to be the goal scoring LW inside forward like hazard/mertens/insigne

Chiesa/Costa/Bernardeschi to be the pure winger like pedro/callejon/willian
Right foot players, we only have one right foot winger (Cuadrado).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)