Tactics and Formations (38 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
One dedicated runner in Matuidi or Benta is enough. Don't need two of them, especially not if it means benching Pjanic, but i know you a hater.
You did expect me to write this answer, right?

I'm not a hater. He just annoying for quite a long time now. If he continue so he had more poor games than brilliant ones here... :snoop:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Benta is not much of runner, that's exactly a problem with him. He clearly is able to move with the ball forward, but too passive.

I think Can-Benta as a double pivot + protecting Bonbon and using him as regista with DC-Berna in 442 might work.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Benta is not much of runner, that's exactly a problem with him. He clearly is able to move with the ball forward, but too passive.
Agreed. That's why i (for now) see his main strenghts in winning balls back and being a pain in the ass, that might change with more experience of course.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You'd bench both Matuidi and Pjanic for Can? :howler:
Yeah, sounds ridiculous, I know) they are both better players, by quite some margin. But in double pivot, without Mandzu (e.g. both DC and Benta are playing) and with Bonbon on the field we need protection in midfield.
If Can is able to do only simple things with the ball and impose his physicality, he might work better than current Miralem. We are too damn static now, Pjanic and Bonbon are overlapping in terms of distribution. DC and Berna can compensate for the lack of movement without Blaise and creativity without Pjanic.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So, just to be sure: You would bench Matuidi?
Not necessarily, it would come down to form more than anything

Bentancur has arguably been our best mid this year
Matuidi is a player i like as well

Our best football this year came against man u in the 4 4 2 with Matuidi playing as sort of LM

My point is that it seems this 3 man midfield that we are playing currently is just too static

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Is it fair to say we lack off the ball movement? Our general play consists of playing it out wide, crossing it rinse repeat
Or just playing it to Ronaldo or Dybala and hoping

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Bentancur and Can are more suited to playing in a 2-man midfield than Pjanic and Matuidi, basically. I would still play Pjanic and Matuidi because they are simply better players.

But I’m glad that people are finally opening their eyes and realize that we need Bernie in midfield to carry the ball forward.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ronaldo - Dybala

Bernardeschi - Can - Pjanic - Costa

Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - Cancelo

Woj​

This would require a lot of workrate from Dybala, Pjanic, Costa and Bernardeschi. But I honestly think the lineup above has the most destructive potential.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'd rather

Berna-Pjanic-Matuidi

Matuidi > Bentancur. I get what Salvo means though.
Dai finally rating Matuidi these days.

It takes some people - those who started speaking at age 3 - year and a half, but they get there eventually.

Now lets see how long it takes the "Pjanic's actual value is > 100m" brigade (of which Dai is a prominent member ofc) to see what everyone else sees.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

It takes some people - those who started speaking at age 3 - year and a half, but they get there eventually.

Now lets see how long it takes the "Pjanic's actual value is > 100m" brigade (of which Dai is a prominent member ofc) to see what everyone else sees.
I don't think Dai ever stated that Pjanic's value is beyond 100 million. There are only 2-3 members who seriously overrate Pjanic, and that's because they're Bosnians, Muslims, or both.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

What? Both is wrong. I've always rated Matuidi, and i've never claimed Mire is a €100m player.

What's not wrong however, is that you rate Douglas Costa higher than Camoranesi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)