Tactics and Formations (17 Viewers)

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Mandzukic scored 5 goals in Serie A last season. 0.2 goals per every 90min. Dybala 0.8. Costa, Cuadrado and Khedira did better as well, even if they dont play as far up the pitch. And lets not talk about assists, keypasses, dribbles or defensive contribution either.. Yet we prefer him over Dybala (even our natural wingers) now, as he scored a tap in last game.. Simply defies logic, so I guess it is more about 'man-love'.

Pretty sure Mandzukic's place will be on the bench or as CF, in hope of some good headers with the supply of our immense wingers and backs. But he needs to start converting, because his conversion is poor as hell. A few tap-ins and freak goals when we are 3-0 down doesnt change that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Mandzukic scored 5 goals in Serie A last season. 0.2 goals per every 90min. Dybala 0.8. Costa, Cuadrado and Khedira did better as well, even if they dont play as far up the pitch. And lets not talk about assists, keypasses, dribbles or defensive contribution either.. Yet we prefer him over Dybala (even our natural wingers) now, as he scored a tap in last game.. Simply defies logic, so I guess it is more about 'man-love'.

Pretty sure Mandzukic's place will be on the bench or as CF, in hope of some good headers with the supply of our immense wingers and backs. But he needs to start converting, because his conversion is poor as hell. A few tap-ins and freak goals when we are 3-0 down doesnt change that.
There is way more to football than statistics and Mandzukic plays a completely different role than all the players you mentioned, mainly being one of the few attacking players in our team willing to do the dirty work and give freedom to players like Dybala.

Allegri has got a difficult job on his hands trying to find a system that suits our new attack. We can't simply put Ronaldo in Higuain's place and think it will work. Ronaldo has played his best football working off Benzema. Out of our current attacking players, I think Mandzukic is most suited to a similar role.

That being said, I think the attacking lineup v Chievo has real potential and if it could gel could be incredible, we created so many chances in that first half. Ronaldo, Costa, Dybala, Cuadrado and Cancelo all moving around could be a nightmare for defenders. I'd like to see us try something similar again. I'm sure Allegri will figure out the best system.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
---------------------Woj
--------Benatia---BonBon---Chiello
Cuads---------Pjanic--Matuidi-----A.Sandro
----------Dybala/Costa
------------------Ronaldo--Mandzu

- - - Updated - - -

Gimme the 343/3421 pls. Just once.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Our best formation is a formation that allows both dybala and Ronaldo to play a free role. Ronaldo at madrid had little defensive duties as Isco was able to drift to both flanks when defending. We just need to do the same but Dybala needs to be the partner and Costa the man behind dribbling through players.

Szczesny
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Costa
Dybala Ronaldo

Perin
DeSciglio/Cuadrado Barzagli Benatia/Rugani Spinazzola
Bentancur Can X
Bernardeschi
Mandzukic Kean​

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I would like to see this formation :

GK
Cancelo-CB-Chiellini-A.Sandro
Bentacur-Pjanic-Can
Costa-Dybala-CR7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Yes. The 4-3-3 doesn't bring out the best out of those players. The great Marcello Lippi used to find the best formation to field his best 11. He was flexible and so is Allegri :xfinger:

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
How are we gonna play with Costa, our best or second best player, back in a few games?

Dybala back with confidence, Ronaldo has been great and must of course play. Cancelo been amazing. Bernadeschi has stepped up recently and plays well, Cuadrado always brings possession, coverage and chances, Mandzukic who has scored a lot the first games ?

We have played really well with just 2 men in midfield and I think we should consider doing that as an extra man there hasnt added much it seems.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
How are we gonna play with Costa, our best or second best player, back in a few games?

Dybala back with confidence, Ronaldo has been great and must of course play. Cancelo been amazing. Bernadeschi has stepped up recently and plays well, Cuadrado always brings possession, coverage and chances, Mandzukic who has scored a lot the first games ?

We have played really well with just 2 men in midfield and I think we should consider doing that as an extra man there hasnt added much it seems.
Costa pjanic Matuidi Bernardeschi
Dybala ronaldo

Cuadrado rotates with the wingers and mandzukic with the strikers

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Costa pjanic Matuidi Bernardeschi
Dybala ronaldo

Cuadrado rotates with the wingers and mandzukic with the strikers
we're a bit lightweight upfront for such a wing-heavy formation and I'm afraid Dybala gets lost in the middle with all the action going down wide, I'd much rather prefer a Bologna style 352 or Young Boys style 343 which involves Dybala a lot more. 433 is fine as well as long as the front 3 includes one of Berna/Costa

Last edited:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
we're a bit lightweight upfront for such a wing-heavy formation and I'm afraid Dybala gets lost in the middle with all the action going down wide, I'd much rather prefer a Bologna style 352 or Young Boys style 343 which involves Dybala a lot more. 433 is fine as well as long as the front 3 includes one of Berna/Costa
It does not need to be a such a rigid 442. Let berna move inwards more.
Besides I feel we switched a lop sided 442 against young boys as the match unfolded. Allegri’s teams usually do.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It does not need to be a such a rigid 442. Let berna move inwards more.
Besides I feel we switched a lop sided 442 against young boys as the match unfolded. Allegri’s teams usually do.
:tup:

my main takeaway from the start of the season tactically is that Dybala-Ronaldo-Mandzukic is not our most efficient attacking line-up and Paolo performs a lot better when playing with only one of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)