Tactics and Formations (22 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
My biggest frustration with Dybala is that you always know he wants the ball on that left foot - he is too left footed although I did notice a slight improvement last year. He will never try anything ambitious with that right foot. Putting him on the right is more effective than the left in terms of goal scoring as he cuts inside.

He plays his best as a support striker in a front 2. But by doing that you compromise some of our attacking wingers such as Costa.

I am sure Allegri will work out a good system.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...He plays his best as a support striker in a front 2...

...I am sure Allegri will work out a good system.
allegri always puts our best available players on the pitch. also, he rates mandzukic quite highly. that's why i'm not so sure about 4-3-3. i wouldn't be surprised if he tried to bring back 4-2-3-1:

woj
cancelo - benatia - chiellini - sandro
can - pjanic
costa - dybala - mandzukic
cr​

Jul 13, 2010
allegri always puts our best available players on the pitch. also, he rates mandzukic quite highly. that's why i'm not so sure about 4-3-3. i wouldn't be surprised if he tried to bring back 4-2-3-1:

woj
can - pjanic
cr​
thats the way i see things, but some of the tuz members almost killed me because i suggested 2-man midfield. I would then think dybala would not be a classic AMC, but rather just behind CR, to play combos and find spaces/cuts whatever, ala ADP

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
If Higuain goes, do you think we have enough goal scorers in our team? Ronaldo should be brilliant but he will be rested quite often I think, so when he doenst start, Dybala is really the only reliable goal threat we have. I mean, for all their talent, Mandzukic, costa and bernardeschi all arent great goal scorers at this point

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Szczesny
Cancelo-Benatia-Chiellini-Sandro
Can-Pjanić-Matuidi
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo

Perin
Barzagli-Rugani-Caldara
De Sciglio-Bentancur-Khedira-Spinazzola
Cuadrado-Bernardeschi
Mandžukić

Woj
Cuadrado-Pjanić-Matuidi-Costa
Dybala-Ronaldo

Woj
Can-Pjanić-Bentancur
Bernardeschi-Ronaldo-Costa​

etc...etc...

So many options. Max will have a field day.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

woj
can - pjanic
cr​
actually, i would like to see this fairly often, especially in the beginning to get a sense of how it would work. Cuadrado and Matuidi off the bench give you much tactical flexibility to change systems mid game, making us even more unpredictable

- - - Updated - - -

If Higuain goes, do you think we have enough goal scorers in our team? Ronaldo should be brilliant but he will be rested quite often I think, so when he doenst start, Dybala is really the only reliable goal threat we have. I mean, for all their talent, Mandzukic, costa and bernardeschi all arent great goal scorers at this point
we replace Higgy with Ronaldo, and youre not sure if we have enough goalscorers?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think the difference between minutes Ronaldo and Higuain play is that big, both are among the leaders in minutes played each season. Even last season with Ronaldo being benched for some games he ended up 5th only behind Navas, Varane, Ramos, and Casemiro.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
actually, i would like to see this fairly often, especially in the beginning to get a sense of how it would work. Cuadrado and Matuidi off the bench give you much tactical flexibility to change systems mid game, making us even more unpredictable

- - - Updated - - -

we replace Higgy with Ronaldo, and youre not sure if we have enough goalscorers?
Haha, I felt last season we had a bit on an issue too. Like if Higuain got injured, we were in big trouble

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the difference between minutes Ronaldo and Higuain play is that big, both are among the leaders in minutes played each season. Even last season with Ronaldo being benched for some games he ended up 5th only behind Navas, Varane, Ramos, and Casemiro.
True, that surprised me actually. All those articles about Ronaldo resting more and playing less were just exaggerated

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Szczesny
Can-Pjanić-Matuidi
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo

Perin
Barzagli-Rugani-Caldara
De Sciglio-Bentancur-Khedira-Spinazzola
Cuadrado-Bernardeschi
Mandžukić

Woj
Cuadrado-Pjanić-Matuidi-Costa
Dybala-Ronaldo

Woj
Can-Pjanić-Bentancur
Bernardeschi-Ronaldo-Costa​

etc...etc...

So many options. Max will have a field day.
Szczesny
Can-Pjanić
Khedira(Bernardeschi)
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo​

Just thought of this. Khedira is excellent going forward, and scores a lot of goals for a midfielder. We could allow him to go more forward with Can and Pjanic more holding CMs. Having two holding mids would also justify having the front three of Dybala-Ronaldo-Costa, who probably wont track back as much as we're used to from the attack of past seasons, with Mandzu, Higuain and Cuadrado.

Bernardeschi could play this role as well. The key here is the fact that the other two midfielders are more holding/defensive, allowing for the third to be more free going forward.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Szczesny
Can-Pjanić
Khedira(Bernardeschi)
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo​

Just thought of this. Khedira is excellent going forward, and scores a lot of goals for a midfielder. We could allow him to go more forward with Can and Pjanic more holding CMs. Having two holding mids would also justify having the front three of Dybala-Ronaldo-Costa, who probably wont track back as much as we're used to from the attack of past seasons, with Mandzu, Higuain and Cuadrado.

Bernardeschi could play this role as well. The key here is the fact that the other two midfielders are more holding/defensive, allowing for the third to be more free going forward.

It will all depend on how Pjanic and Emre can cope with a midfield of 2. You mention Pjanic as a holding mid but he isnt one. He is an AM converted into a regista... no way he has the physical qualities of a holding mid. If emre can put . alot of work, then maybe it can work. I would prefer a more physical midfield in that case, a Can-MAtuidi Midfield for the 4231.

But Pjanic could be used with Emre if the other team allows it (ex: having a weak midfield)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Szczesny
Can-Pjanić
Khedira(Bernardeschi)
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo​

way toi exposed defensively.

Apr 19, 2007
I think we are going to see a midifield 3 with Cost at Rw with dybala more behind Ronaldo. Matuidi will need to be at lcm to give that width so Dybala can stay more central and not to wide and the more we dominate the more Sandro can move up the pitch as well as Cancelo. It would create a very strong defense as well as giving the front 3 freedom. The problem with Costa on the left is a lot of times we like to defend with a 4-4-2 look. Matuidi slides wide and costa back and Ronaldo Dybs stay pressing high.

Also now that we hzver Ronaldo we can be more fluid in all 3 positions up top where Ronaldo moves wide left or Dybala and costa are more central or switch sides. Very unpredictable and hard to mark

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
The more I look at footage of Ronaldo, the more I think we should play a 4-4-2 (the formation we last won a CL with, hint hint). My reasoning is that we need as many crosses into the box as possible, and the fact that Ronaldo seems to need another striker to draw one defender out to get more space. Ronaldo also uses the other striker suprisingly as cover and then blasts off to confuse defenders. This also allows us to play ALL our best players at once. It's a bit lopsided in defense, but we have to play with what we have since we have so many good attackers but limited midfielders:

-------------Kurwa----------
Cancelo-Chiello-Caldara-Sandro
Cuads---Can-----Pjanic----Costa
-----Dybi/Mandz---Ronaldo------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)