Tactics and Formations (16 Viewers)

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
There are a few of us talking about "positive signs" in this game which there were some, but, remember, last year we had games like 5-1 against Sampdoria and 5-2 against Palermo, but, we would turn around and lose the next game (remember 3-2 against Napoli after being 2-0 up which was a few days after )

Consistency is the key - it builds confidence and creates better performances - let's see how they perform in the next 3 games. If they can't reproduce some of the excitement in attack and tighten up in defence, then last season will repeat itself to a tee.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Even if this season has just begun, Im really curious about next season, the new arena, probably CL football, maby good transfermoney.

I really hope that we have a good season this year and that players like Bonucci,Krasic,Aquilani make it and become the players we hope they will become in our shirt. I have big hopes for this three. And lets hope that Melo proves his quality this season,I believe in him

Some misstakes IMO this mercato, Diego and Giovinco should have stayed but lets look forward instead.

Next season I belive that Cassano will be in our team! Maby Marotta already had planes for this, could be a reason why we offloaded Diego? Would be hard for them both to fit in the same line-up especially when we play 4-4-2. And I also think that we will buy a striker next season. Del piero can't take the same resbonsibilty anymore next season he must be seen as a sub
And lets hope that we get new wingbacks to.

This season 1-4 position( probably 2-4 ;) )

And next season this team!!

Buffon

Van der Wiel Bonucci Chiellini Tremoulinas

Krasic Aquilani Melo/Marchisio Pepe/Lanzamfame/Martinez/New player

Dzeko/Benzema Cassano

subs: Storari Motta Legro De Ceglie/Traore Sissoko Delpiero Amauri Iaquinta and some of the wingers. ...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's very clear that with the personnel we have on this team that we have to play a fast-paced game. We can't try to sit in a static 4-4-2 and play possession. We don't have anyone that can play this way.

Look at all our players. Sissoko, Pepe, Krasic, Iaquinta, Amauri, Motta, De Ceglie. They are all speed/power players. Other than Krasic and Amauri they all have limited tactical knowledge or creativity. They're reactive players.

Our attack at least is 100x more dangerous in a wide open game. In a wide open game suddenly we're at an advantage because all our players are fit, fast and powerful. If we slow the game down we're asking them to play with poise and creativity, things they don't have.

Our defence is pure shit no matter what, no style can save them. But at least a guy like Motta is much better in an open game because he can get forward. If you slow the game down and ask him to play positionally and defend for 45 minutes, surely he'll fuck up once or twice mentally.

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
The real issue with the team is not the formation, not which players are on the pitch, not DelNeri, although all of these have a role to play, the real issue is their lack of confidence in what they're doing.

I'm afraid after failing to put away the last two games, their confidence will be shot down to rock bottom, as if it needed to be shot further following last seasons problems.

Sadly I can't see the team picking themselves up for the Udinese match, although having Quag and Aquilani might help somewhat.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's very clear that with the personnel we have on this team that we have to play a fast-paced game. We can't try to sit in a static 4-4-2 and play possession. We don't have anyone that can play this way.
Nope, and that's the problem. We can't play the possession game with players like Sissoko and Melo, but we also can't move the ball around quick enough for the straight 4-4-2 with wingers to be truly effective.

Many teams in Serie A will sit back against us, something that calls for patience and possession on our part. We can try to use our speed to open up a defense, but the problem is that these CM's can't move the ball fast enough for that. We'll end up turning the ball over even more due to the quick play and that will provide the opposition more opportunities on the counter attack. So basically, without a sense of calmness under pressure and adept passers centrally in midfield, we are playing with fire under both scenarios above.

Even though I fucking hate the football, we may just have to play catennacio or a hybrid of it. Just sit back constantly and hope we can get a goal on the counter from Krasic and DP. It might not make a big difference in the end because we don't have the fullbacks to defend well under constant pressure, but it makes more sense to do so considering the central midfield. If Aquilani and Marchisio are out of the picture, we won't be able to do anything but sit back if we don't want to be hit after we give the ball away.

Such stupidity with the way this team was built, but now we have to make do with what we have.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's pretty much what I said at the end of the transfer window:

If Juve achieve anything this season, it will be down to great organisation, fitness and team spirit, because it certainly isn't going to be because of a wonderfully gifted squad.
Do you think this Juve squad has the technical ability to take Serie A by storm with wonderful attacking football?

This Juve at the moment looks like it will win games by making less mistakes than the opposition, rather than being able to go and make things happen.

blajev87

Sep 6, 2010
This team plays like being doomed. I was sure that we wouldn't win this game and was right. The same applies for 3:3 with Sampdoria. Can't remember the last time when we won easy 3 points. I really can't. Always drama, always trembling until the final signal. No matter who is the opponent - Chievo, Milan, Fulham, Lech... We are often more technically gifted than our rivals, but without a reason, give them the whole control over the pitch. A total lack of confidence and focus. So irritating!

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
There are a few of us talking about "positive signs" in this game which there were some, but, remember, last year we had games like 5-1 against Sampdoria and 5-2 against Palermo, but, we would turn around and lose the next game (remember 3-2 against Napoli after being 2-0 up which was a few days after )

Consistency is the key - it builds confidence and creates better performances - let's see how they perform in the next 3 games. If they can't reproduce some of the excitement in attack and tighten up in defence, then last season will repeat itself to a tee.
This is what Nedved used to say all the time.....That Juve's main weapon is consistency. That you dont have to have extraordinary players in your team but all you need is consistency. He was totally right, but that was the time when Juve didnt have so many problems with injuries. Now, every single week a player gets injured and another player comes in his place, and has to learn everything all over again. Then another player gets injured so the team gets a new face again, and this player has to settle in first, then learnt the other players' characters and so on.....

Adluc1

Aug 30, 2010
I agree about the consistency. Injuries playing a hurdle in that is a valid point.

What the hell is with all these injuries over the last 1-2 years anyway? It's ridiculous. Does the team fitness schedule involve 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis or something?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
This team plays like being doomed. I was sure that we wouldn't win this game and was right. The same applies for 3:3 with Sampdoria. Can't remember the last time when we won easy 3 points. I really can't !
I remember, that was the the 5-1 win against Del neri's Sampdoria last season, if that gives you a relief :shifty:

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Agreed he is a Hybrid of Trappatoni, Reneiri , and Lippi mashed up together. Reneiri formation with Trappatoni tactics and Lippi's bootleg lookz lol

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
what do you guys make of our defense following the udine match?

di natale and sanchez ripped us apart last year. is it their form?

I didn't have the chance to watch the full match (last 20 minutes and highlights)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
im happy with Krasic performance so far....he is our best signing so far, but if...if he is injured or something what would happen?from Udine game i saw Krasic as a protagonist. Dont think lanzafame has a same ability, so far the way he play is just shit. im worry about this case though.....Martinez should show his worth.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I didn't have the chance to watch the full match (last 20 minutes and highlights)
Definitely, they were quite poor.

It seriously was like they were paid off.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

Krasic and pepe, at times, seemed more like wingbacks, than out and out wingers...they both went backwards to cover and defend as much as they attacked offensively. That point as well as having grygera simply stick to position, and not leave a huge hole in the LB zone, made us a lot harder to break down.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
and despite the poor marking, all but bonucci's goals were classy. Marchisio arriving after the strikers in the box to finish off krasi'c perfect cross with wonderful technique, first time on the follow, left boot...Quag's back heel past the keeper, again from wicked work from krasic...then vinny got his goal, took it very well indeed. Of course all could have been avoided, but quag's and claudio's strikes were high quality. I mean how often do you see any player other than DP attempt such a cheeky finish as Quag made facing away from goal, marked from behind, with his fucking heel???? it was lovely...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)