Tactics and Formations (17 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Not impressed. Not to be too harsh their might have been no other options, but Delneri has won nothing in his career. He is 59 now and the biggest club he coached was Roma, he lasted only 6 months there. Juventus need an experienced coach. I would have loved for Capello to return. A big mistake was letting Ranieri go in my opinion, you could only see how good he was after the team collapsed under Ciro (who I like a lot) and Zac.
Not that i think Del Neri was a great choice but Ranieri was never going to bring us glory either. Ciro had a lot to offer the club, he did change things around, new system that worked at teh start, brought in some big name players etc..but in the end couldnt get it to all function and eventually lost his way with the players...when that happens we were always screwed.

Back to Del Neri, I am just happy that we have a coach in there who states what he wants, states what his plans are, takes control and doesnt allow everyone else to tell him how things should be. Ciro and Suckeroni looked vulnerable to all external criticisms and it reflected on the field.

Capello is a cock! Stubborn man who needs to move with the times. Talking about not being impressive....

I would have been happy to get a non italian coach like Blanc...or even bring back Deschamps.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It was just a rough patch, there was no reason to sack him 3 games away from the season. Juventus never sack their coaches in the middle of the season, but Blanc, Secco and co. were a joke.

I'm pretty positive Ranieri would have had an excellent last season with the new signings, his work speaks for itself. However, we'll never know so no point in discussing it.

I personally would have signed Prandelli at any cost.
No reason to sack him? If we didn't sack him, there could have been a very big possibility that we lose the CL spot.

Ranieri made it clear he didn't want Diego here while we were after him at all costs.

It's funny that you consider Del Neri inexperienced and all, but yet you still say that you would have signed Prandelli at any cost. What is this experience that you think he has?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Assessment and rating of our curent squad:

GK's: Arguably the best lineup in Europe. No one can boast of having 3 quality goalkeepers of the
calibre of Buffon, Storari, and Manninger. 9/10

Defence: Our CB pairing of Chiellini and Bonnuci threatens to either self implode or become explosive
(as in potentially the best CB pairing in Italy). I personally feel that they will do well. Legro is an
able if unspectacular backup, but we still need a 4'th CB of quality, in case of injuries or suspesnions.
our fullback situation is uninspiring to say the least. The current batch of fullbacks we have is worthy
of a Bari or Parma, particularly at LB; we are better equipped at RB with the arrival of Motta, but the
situation remains far from ideal. 6/10

Midfield: Marchisio, Melo, Sissoko, and Poulsen offer us a wealth of options in the DM/CM department, but
there are limitations, especially when it comes to passing the ball around in midfield, and feeding the
strikers. When it comes to our wingers, it's more about quantity than quality. Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez,
and an ageing Camoranesi hardly inspire or instill confidence. Giovinco is as good as gone, and we don't
really possess any quality on the wings. The market is still open for transfers, but this is an issue
that needs to be resolved. We can't play possesion football with the midfield we possess, but we can't
play fast, flowing counterattacking football with the players at our disposal either. 6/10

Attack: When it comes to our attack, it's not a question of quality (as we possess that in abundance),
but more a concern pertaining to/ regarding age. Trezeguet, Del Piero, and even Iaquinta are not getting
any younger, and Amauri has been a liablity for over 18 months now. Diego may excel in his new role as a
withdrawn SS, but he needs more quality around him in midfield. 7/10

Coach: Del Neri may or may not succeed at Juventus. However, he needs to be more flexible, and must be
more daring and willing to take risks. He has never really coached a big club before, and his inexperience
in a "big club" environment may count against him. He is the not the quality coach we can expect to deliver
a scudetto, but we should be able to mount a credible challenge for the top 3 places, given the lack of
quality and the poor level of Serie A in general these days. 6/10

Jul 23, 2010
Not that i think Del Neri was a great choice but Ranieri was never going to bring us glory either. Ciro had a lot to offer the club, he did change things around, new system that worked at teh start, brought in some big name players etc..but in the end couldnt get it to all function and eventually lost his way with the players...when that happens we were always screwed.

Back to Del Neri, I am just happy that we have a coach in there who states what he wants, states what his plans are, takes control and doesnt allow everyone else to tell him how things should be. Ciro and Suckeroni looked vulnerable to all external criticisms and it reflected on the field.

Capello is a cock! Stubborn man who needs to move with the times. Talking about not being impressive....

I would have been happy to get a non italian coach like Blanc...or even bring back Deschamps.
Ciro has no coaching experience whatsoever, you can't put him in charge of a big team like Juventus. You saw how Leonardo embarrassed Milan with the 4-0 against Inter or Man Utd, or let me rephrase that. "experienced tacticans". Ciro was ambitious and had good plans, but he'd change the formation and squad every match and that is not acceptable. He didn't have clear ideas at how he wanted the team to play.

Guardiola was an exception because he was groomed at the Barca youth team before he took the big step.

On Delneri, all what he decided is that he wants 4-4-2 at any cost. Not giving any consideration into the players available. He wants a 4-4-2 with a second striker, who do we have can play this position? Only Alex.

I'm glad that he doesn't rate Giovinico and Diego (who we still can get good cash for him), but how will he play 4-4-2 with these wingers?! And who will replace Alex who won't be able to start more than 20 games all of the season?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #207
    Assessment and rating of our curent squad:

GK's: Arguably the best lineup in Europe. No one can boast of having 3 quality goalkeepers of the
    calibre of Buffon, Storari, and Manninger. 9/10

Defence: Our CB pairing of Chiellini and Bonnuci threatens to either self implode or become explosive
    (as in potentially the best CB pairing in Italy). I personally feel that they will do well. Legro is an
    able if unspectacular backup, but we still need a 4'th CB of quality, in case of injuries or suspesnions.
    our fullback situation is uninspiring to say the least. The current batch of fullbacks we have is worthy
    of a Bari or Parma, particularly at LB; we are better equipped at RB with the arrival of Motta, but the
    situation remains far from ideal. 6/10

Midfield: Marchisio, Melo, Sissoko, and Poulsen offer us a wealth of options in the DM/CM department, but
    there are limitations, especially when it comes to passing the ball around in midfield, and feeding the
    strikers. When it comes to our wingers, it's more about quantity than quality. Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez,
    and an ageing Camoranesi hardly inspire or instill confidence. Giovinco is as good as gone, and we don't
    really possess any quality on the wings. The market is still open for transfers, but this is an issue
    that needs to be resolved. We can't play possesion football with the midfield we possess, but we can't
    play fast, flowing counterattacking football with the players at our disposal either. 6/10

Attack: When it comes to our attack, it's not a question of quality (as we possess that in abundance),
    but more a concern pertaining to/ regarding age. Trezeguet, Del Piero, and even Iaquinta are not getting
    any younger, and Amauri has been a liablity for over 18 months now. Diego may excel in his new role as a
    withdrawn SS, but he needs more quality around him in midfield. 7/10

Coach: Del Neri may or may not succeed at Juventus. However, he needs to be more flexible, and must be
    more daring and willing to take risks. He has never really coached a big club before, and his inexperience
    in a "big club" environment may count against him. He is the not the quality coach we can expect to deliver
    a scudetto, but we should be able to mount a credible challenge for the top 3 places, given the lack of
    quality and the poor level of Serie A in general these days. 6/10
    :lol2:

You had to rant but you didn't want to complain about the transfers because that would be based on newspaper headlines so you did an assessment about an incomplete squad.

Tacky, I must say.

Jul 23, 2010
    No reason to sack him? If we didn't sack him, there could have been a very big possibility that we lose the CL spot.

Ranieri made it clear he didn't want Diego here while we were after him at all costs.

It's funny that you consider Del Neri inexperienced and all, but yet you still say that you would have signed Prandelli at any cost. What is this experience that you think he has?
    Continuity in football is very important. Ranieri lost the confidence of the idiots in the board of directors and that is why the players lost confidence. Ranieri was perfect for Juventus, he builds teams from scratch and leaves them to the next coach to win titles :lol:

Prandelli made Fiorentina what it is. He changed Fiorentina from relegation battlers to top four finishers (except last season where he focused on the Champions League). Why did the Italy FA hire him then?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    :lol: That's why I said current squad. Putting things into perspective Jack ;)

I highlighted what needs to be done, but whether we add more quantity or quality remains to be seen. I am not overly concerned, as we are still approaching the end of July ;)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #210
    :lol: That's why I said current squad. Putting things into perspective Jack ;)

I highlighted what needs to be done, but whether we add more quantity or quality remains to be seen. I am not overly concerned, as we are still approaching the end of July ;)
    The transfer market has been dull this year but it's not our fault, it's like that all over Europe. Yes, things are slow, there are lots of rumours and very few official actions and there is lots of "new" talk that disturbs the whole market. (The talk is of certain players asking other players to join their team).

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Continuity in football is very important. Ranieri lost the confidence of the idiots in the board of directors and that is why the players lost confidence. Ranieri was perfect for Juventus, he builds teams from scratch and leaves them to the next coach to win titles :lol:

Prandelli made Fiorentina what it is. He changed Fiorentina from relegation battlers to top four finishers (except last season where he focused on the Champions League). Why did the Italy FA hire him then?
    The only thing that was continuing with him back then was the loss of points with draws against teams like Reggina, Lecce, Atalanta, Chievo, etc. I'm sure you saw the way we were playing. Ranieri is good for building solid teams as you are saying. I'm not blaming his acquisition, as he done good overall in the two seasons with us. We also did good by firing him as his job was done. Hiring a rookie to replace him was the problem as I already said.

You're basing your opinion on the FIGC on Prandelli? The same FIGC that you admitted yourself that have fucked Juventus 4 years ago and ruining Serie A?

Jul 23, 2010
    The only thing that was continuing with him back then was the loss of points with draws against teams like Reggina, Lecce, Atalanta, Chievo, etc. I'm sure you saw the way we were playing. Ranieri is good for building solid teams as you are saying. I'm not blaming his acquisition, as he done good overall in the two seasons with us. We also did good by firing him as his job was done. Hiring a rookie to replace him was the problem as I already said.

You're basing your opinion on the FIGC on Prandelli? The same FIGC that you admitted yourself that have fucked Juventus 4 years ago and ruining Serie A?
    I just think they made a good choice with Prandelli. Who proved himself to be an excellent Italian coach and time will show you.

There was no options available to replace Ranieri, that's why he should have stayed. As you saw, we replaced him with Ciro and then Zac! A club insider told me that there was laughter in the board room when Zacherroni's name first came up. We are speaking about a coach who was unemployed since march 2007 since being sacked by Torino!

So a wiser decision would have been keeping Ranieri. Look at what he did with Roma, fantastic. Jose Mourinho's Chelsea team was mostly created by Ranieri. As I said, Mr. Ranieri plants the seeds and the coaches that follow benefit greatly from him.

Another good option to me would have been Dunga.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #214
    That last part in parentheses disturbs me. Something along the lines of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh teaming up in Miami? Players have far too much power and authority these days.
    Barcelona players are doing a lot recently.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    I just think they made a good choice with Prandelli. Who proved himself to be an excellent Italian coach and time will show you.

There was no options available to replace Ranieri, that's why he should have stayed. As you saw, we replaced him with Ciro and then Zac! A club insider told me that there was laughter in the board room when Zacherroni's name first came up. We are speaking about a coach who was unemployed since march 2007 since being sacked by Torino!

So a wiser decision would have been keeping Ranieri. Look at what he did with Roma, fantastic. Jose Mourinho's Chelsea team was mostly created by Ranieri. As I said, Mr. Ranieri plants the seeds and the coaches that follow benefit greatly from him.

Another good option to me would have been Dunga.
    Proved to be an excellent coach? :lol: He came 11th last season, possibly in the worst season in Serie A's history, 4th before that one and 6th before. Not a great managerial record if you ask me, considering the level of his squad at his disposal. Nothing excellent at all.

There was laughter in the Board room on Zaccheroni and we still appointed him as our Coach. Ranieri is not a coach that wins you titles, simple as that. He creates a solid base group and can be a threat for other top teams in the league, but don't expect to be a world beater with him.

Dunga? Seriuosly?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Prandelli has failed last season because of the squad depth. He had two competitions, including CL, so it was a huge problem to handle it with not so many good players.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Prandelli has failed last season because of the squad depth. He had two competitions, including CL, so it was a huge problem to handle it with not so many good players.
    That still doesn't make him an excellent coach yet though. So far he's not more than a "good" coach with a lot of hype surrounding him.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #218
    He is a good coach, not more not less. Would you please stop overrating this person and giving excuses for his limitedness?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    He is a good coach, not more not less. Would you please stop overrating this person and giving excuses for his limitedness?
    You have quoted the wrong person.

Search back in the days when we talked about the coach...I never wanted him here and I was always against his arrival.

I still stand by that statement.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #220
    You have quoted the wrong person.

Search back in the days when we talked about the coach...I never wanted him here and I was always against his arrival.

I still stand by that statement.
    But you were the one who gave an excuse to his failure last season. He did not only fail because of his lack of squad depth, he also failed because he is not a great manager, he is limited and couldn't cope with his squad's weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)