Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffon

Motta - Bonehead - Chiellini - LB

Krasic - Aquiliani - Marchisio - Lanzafame

Diego

Amauri

Do it. Who cares about the defense. The improvement in ball movement will outweigh whatever a stupid destroyer gives us, which is pretty much nothing.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Buffon

Diego

Amauri

Do it. Who cares about the defense. The improvement in ball movement will outweigh whatever a stupid destroyer gives us, which is pretty much nothing.
:tup:

And I think as long as Marchisio and Aquilani don't forget to track back, we'll be good.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon

Diego

Amauri

Lanza there? I think we'll use Pepe almost always.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lanza there? I think we'll use Pepe almost always.
Probably, but I think Lanza is somewhat crafty. If he can get some end product going he could be useful.

Having Aquilani in the team changes things a lot, especially if we exercise his option at the EOY. We might be able to create a sustainable possession team, but with DN I doubt it. No guarantees he that he considers Aquilani - Marchisio a viable option either.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Especially since both like to go up the pitch a bit. Though he could "Gerrard" one of the two, make them play deeper that he would prefer.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There isn't anything wrong with it. The last thing you want is a one-dimensional player at CM in the straight 4-4-2. The system requires that both players can attack and defend since the play is moved to the flanks and the forwards work in tandem.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Did Sampdoria play with a destroyer last season? Honestly, if Melo could get his act together, it could be alright aswell. As long as we don't end up seeing Mr Turnovers I'll be fine.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #479
    I hope so too but I'm afraid that's how the set up is being prepared.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    Even if we play with marchisio-aquilani it will be still dangerous when we are hit at the counters,especially with the two fullbacks we have, in my eyes, a team that wins are those teams that have at least one very good full back who has both attack and defend and one who is usually not so attacking..look at Chelsea-Cole and Ivanovic, Printer with Maicon and chivu, Spain-Ramos and Capdevilla, Munchen-Lahm and Contento.. You see at least one of the full back is both great at attacking and defending..we desperately need that LB, i really can only think of one name who is currently the best possible solution and that is Tremoulinas, yes he doesnt have the defending skills of Ramos or Maicon but he is the only person available i believe..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)