Tactics and Formations (65 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I want a 442 or 4231 with Cuad and Pjaca on the wings. Sami or Marchiso partnering Pjanic in the middle depending whos fit. This is how i will play on Pro Evo anyway :D

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
OK guys, based on the roster, I suspect Allegri will have to cut ONE player off the roster for the Champions League squad. Its between Rugani, Sturaro, and Hernanes as far I can see.

Which one do you think will be cut? If I had to take a guess it would be Hernanes. We now have Lemina, Marchisio (when he returns), and Pjanic who can play registra. Sturaro is one of those no-nonsense players we may need at times.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
4-2-2-2? until Marchisio is back
---------Higuain-----Dybala---------- (You keep your world class striker pair)
Pjaca--------------------------Cuadrado (You utilize Cuadrado in a position he plays frequently in for the national team)
---------Pjanic--------Khedira---------- (Pjanic plays as a regista, which he has been training in recently, Khedira plays in a similar position as he does for the national team)
Sandro--Chiellini----Bonucci---Alves-- (Obviously need to rotate with BBC and Benatia) I would give Barzagli the most rest given his age.

Cuadrado, Alves, and Dybala would absolutely punish from the right hand side.
If you ever look to buy James in the future, he can slot in perfect in Pjaca's slot, as he has played in that same position for the national team.

See? Perfect for Cuadrado.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant really go to CL with only 6 midfielders, while 1 of them has a very serious injury and 2 of them are injury prone as $#@!.

Hernanes is garanteed.
Could exclude Neto, and rely on Audero. The other possibility is to drop Rugani because Allegri likes 4 man defenses anyways in UCL and with Lichtsteiner you have 6 players for 2 or 3 spots.
Rugani really should be loaned - to Sassuolo of course.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Is that not basically just 4-4-2 with attacking fullbacks and wingers?

Whatever it is its how i would hope we play. It might take a while just for Pjaca to get into the first team but when he does thats how we should play.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
can't wait for that AFCON time :tuttosport:
Wouldn't be surprised if we made a purchase on the first of January...

If I'm Asamoah, I retire temporarily from International football. This guy has been only hurt for two years. He should focus on his career, and that's it. Risking injury with AFCON is not smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that not basically a 4-4-2 with attacking fullbacks and wingers?
You could also call it a 4-2-3-1 with an additional striker instead of a CAM. At the end of the day, the winger/attacking mids get more freedom to attack, which suit Pjaca and Cuadrado. The difference is that the CDMs must remain a bit more disciplined in their runs forward. Pjanic would take on a role similar to Toni Kroos for the German NT. Khedira would play the same role he does for Germany. In reality, It would almost be more like a 4-2-2-1-1 as silly as that sounds, because Dybala comes deep.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
2 man midfield isn't going to work with anything less than Marchisio-Khedira
Technically a four man midfield because the wingers come in centrally. Realistically you'd probably see Pjaca coming in centrally more than Cuadrado because Dybala would drop deep. I don't see why Pjanic can't play the Kroos role though that Germany plays.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that not basically just 4-4-2 with attacking fullbacks and wingers?

Whatever it is its how i would hope we play. It might take a while just for Pjaca to get into the first team but when he does thats how we should play.
Haha almost like a combination of the two formations you suggested.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Its also kind of a 4-2-4 but with Dybala roaming more its like a 4-2-3-1.

I like it. I think Pjaca serves well in terms of offense and defense. Cuadrado the same as he plays rwb in 3-5-2. And this formation allows us to transition to a 3-5-2 with two subs to close games. Mid for Pjaca, Cb for Alves or Cuadrado.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't see any way in hell that Max will field a two man midfield with Pjanic in it. You know, because he's not an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
4-2-2-2? until Marchisio is back
---------Higuain-----Dybala---------- (You keep your world class striker pair)
Pjaca--------------------------Cuadrado (You utilize Cuadrado in a position he plays frequently in for the national team)
---------Pjanic--------Khedira---------- (Pjanic plays as a regista, which he has been training in recently, Khedira plays in a similar position as he does for the national team)
Sandro--Chiellini----Bonucci---Alves-- (Obviously need to rotate with BBC and Benatia) I would give Barzagli the most rest given his age.
I like this formation a lot, but it is ultra attacking and I doubt we will play like that. Compared to 3-5-2 we currently use, you take out two defensive players - CB and CM - and replace them with two attacking wingers. In addition it has two offensive fullbacks in Alex Sandro and Dani Alves. Given the players suggested for the first eleven, we would also have no subs for both wingers and Dybala in this setup.

I think that given our situation in central midfield some 4-4-2 formation is possible but it will be much more balanced, probably involving asamoah or alex sandro as LM, Evra as LB, maybe even Lichtsteiner used as a sub for RM. It could look something like that:

------------------------------Higuain-----Dybala (Pjaca)
Asamoah (Pjaca/Sandro)--------------------------Cuadrado (Licht)
-------------------------------Pjanic--------Khedira----------
-----------Evra (Sandro)---Chiellini----Bonucci---Alves (Licht)-
---------------------------------------Buffon-------------------

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We have a so many players who can cover various positions it's not even funny.

Dybala - AM, SS, CF
Pjanic - Regista, CM, AM
Cuadrado - RWB, RW, RCM, RM
Pjaca - LW, SS, AM
Sandro - LB, LWB, LW, LM, LCM

These 5 guys give us so many options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)