Tactics and Formations (59 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Totally agree, I wish we had another solid dm but I have faith Claudio will come back strong. So many attacking players, it is a completely different mentality than 2 seasons ago. Now it can be quick, fluid, and aggressive, and not turtling until the counter or waiting on a pirlo miracle pass. We can go forward with sharp passing and crosses from both sides of the field. I am really looking forward to the champions league matches this season. So much potential :tuttosport:
Have you met @MikeM ?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I've just seen the highlights (goals and injuries, really) from the Español game. Looked like we had Mandzukic and Higuaín both up front with Dybala behind them. Was that our setup? Sounds sexy.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
This team is giving me the headache, the amount of tactical dispositions... Alllegri has so many options. Now with Cuadrado on the verge of returning - what the heck? Anyway, regarding the Cuadrado signing... it allows us to play with a RW without deploying either Dybala or Pjaca on the right wing. But what's the plan? Do we really need Cuadrado? We already have so many options? He is a great player and I am to a great degree happy see him return, but do we sincerely need him? How often will we use him? If we use him - who's spot is he taking?

Can someone explain these questions to me, I am confused. What is our management aiming for with Cuadrado to return whilst having recently acquired Alves.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think we are getting to the poin that we have so many optins that it will even turn into a negative.

We have so many formations to sue but we dont know what would be the best formation outside our 352.

We need another variant to it...solely because we have so many different players that using 352 game in game out would be a crime...... but at the same time i think we are very confused on what to do now...because the options are plenty.

And like u said...the arrival of cuadrado even complicate things....but maybe allegri has something in mind and is not asking for players just for the sake of it.

Pjaca was an expensive buy but we dont use any formation to suit him and i dont know if Allegri will want him to be converted into something else...

If allegri is planning to use wingplay then yeah i can understand.... but outside of it i dont know.

Mayb a dybala-less 433 formation?:

-----Pjaca-Higuain-Cuadrado

----Asamoah-Lemina-Khedira

Sandro---Benatia---Bon----Alves

?

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013
We could use that, but Pjanić would need to play to push the ball. We could see 433 in Coppa matches.
Why does Allegri do this late game Evra+Sandro+Asa combinations?

Apr 9, 2015
Our bench is so strong, it is worldclass! Do you know any club in the world that can compete with our bench? Maybe Bayern?

Subs: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Zaza, Mandzukic!

That's a fucking team that can win the Europa League easily and even can become far in Europa (quarter finals).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Our bench is so strong, it is worldclass! Do you know any club in the world that can compete with our bench? Maybe Bayern?

Subs: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Rugani, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Zaza, Mandzukic!

That's a fucking team that can win the Europa League easily and even can become far in Europa (quarter finals).

Juve:

Neto
Licht-Benatia-Rugani-Evra
Lemina-Sturaro-Asamoah
Cuadrado-Mandzukic-Pjaca

RM:

Casilla
Danilo-Nacho-Varane-Coentrao
James-Isco-Kovacic
Vasquez-Morata-Asensio

Bayern:

Ulreich
Rafinha-Badstuber-Kimmich-Bernat
Thiago-Javi-Renato
Coman-Green-Costa

Barca:

Masip
Douglas-Umtiti-Mathieu-Digne
Gomes-Samper-D.Suarez
Rafinha-El Haddadi-Turan​

Apr 9, 2015
Good post :tup:

Look at our second squad, maybe only Sturaro is a weak point.

Real Madrid: Nacho, Vazquez and Asensio are weak spots

Bayern: Green and Rafinha are weak spots

Barca: Their bench is really dissapointing.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Somehow, I can see playing this formation in Europe when everyone is fit:

--------------Buffon----------------

Alves---Bonucci---Chiellini---Evra

Khedira----Marchisio----Asamoah

---------------Pjanic----------------

--------Dybala------Higuain-------

Not too dissimilar to what he played in the champions league with Vidal playing as the trequartista.

Knowing Allegri, this wouldn't surprise me.

Actually Asamoah gives us a lot of tactical flexibility as the above can revert to a back 3 at times as Alves and Asamoah convert to wing backs during various stages of a match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)