Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (120 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
We can get mancini and quaresma from inter, for Tiago and a cheeseburger.
Then we'd have decent backup for Giovinco and Camoranesi on the flanks.
Hopefully that was a joke.

My expert tactical view - when everyone's fit:

Buffon
Zebcera Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Melo Poulsen Marchisio
Iaquinta Amatrez Giovinco

More power, pace and directness. Camo and DP to fill in whenever necessary.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
no mommo ? Big call.

Ciro should get his head back on straight and stop changing into completely different formations and tactics.

For me its one of the two. Either the 4-3-1-2 or the 4-2-3-1, both interchangeable easily converted from one another. The main factors for change will be the choice between marchi and camo, Gio and Alex. Marchi and alex playing when its the first and gio with camo when its the latter.

Get those straight, sort out the movement of the players to deal with the other teams and tactically it won't be much more complicated than that, at least for now. Then he will have to sort out the issues with the team and the spirit.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
no mommo ? Big call.

Ciro should get his head back on straight and stop changing into completely different formations and tactics.

For me its one of the two. Either the 4-3-1-2 or the 4-2-3-1, both interchangeable easily converted from one another. The main factors for change will be the choice between marchi and camo, Gio and Alex. Marchi and alex playing when its the first and gio with camo when its the latter.

Get those straight, sort out the movement of the players to deal with the other teams and tactically it won't be much more complicated than that, at least for now. Then he will have to sort out the issues with the team and the spirit.
Sorting out the team spirit issues should be an absolute priority imo. No matter what system you play, you won't succeed if the will & spirit are lacking.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Hopefully that was a joke.

My expert tactical view - when everyone's fit:

Buffon
Zebcera Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Melo Poulsen Marchisio
Iaquinta Amatrez Giovinco

More power, pace and directness. Camo and DP to fill in whenever necessary.
always liked the idea of that front three

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
You can't really leave out Sissoko either. Every time the team functions well, he's in it.
Someone has to be left out. Momo's great, but inconsistent.

For our central midfield, we have:
1: Momo, Melo -> Tons of quality but inconsistence and mistake proneness.
2: Poulsen, Marchisio -> Not quite as spectacular, but a bit more polished and solid.
3. Tiago -> Shit

I dare say we need some kind of balance to have a functioning midfield. We need at least one player on the pitch from each category, with the exception of 3.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Our problem would be:

Keita + Xavi + Busquets > Momo + Marchisio + Melo.

I know that's stating the obvious, but our main problem there would without a doubt be the lack of creativity and passing skill on our part. That's what we've seen in the 4-3-1-2. None of our midfielders are excellent passers.

Unless you want to try playing Tiago.

We need a Xavi. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)