Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (14 Viewers)

joeypro

Aug 26, 2008
3-6-1 then:

--------------------Buffon-------------------

-----Chiellini---Cannavaro---Legrott.-----

--------------------Melo---------------------
-----------Marchisio--Sissoko--------------

-------------------Diego---------------------

--Del Piero/Camo-----------------Giovinco

---------------Iaquinta/Amauri-------------

I think a three man defence of Chiellini, Canna and Legro with such defensive players as Melo and Sissoko infront of them would be able to cope easily, with the rest doing the offensive job.

Thoughts?

joeypro

Aug 26, 2008
Haha yeah i was expecting that face, but seriously, what are you expecting when you ask for a formation with Diego as Triquartista, which doesn't have Full Backs.
Show me something better and I'll shut up.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Haha yeah i was expecting that face, but seriously, what are you expecting when you ask for a formation with Diego as Triquartista, which doesn't have Full Backs.
Show me something better and I'll shut up.
Of course we're going to play using fullbacks. 4-3-1-2... 4-2-3-1... 4-3-2-1

joeypro

Aug 26, 2008
Yes, exactly.
But DelPieroforlife ment : "No new full backs no 4312 IMO."
Which is why I am showing that if we don't play a 4312 that would be our formation. Which could or could not work.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
But you are asking for a formation without Fullbacks, since you say Molinaro and Grygera aren't acceptable.
So, formations without 4 at the back. Can you suggest better?
We are asking for a formation were our fullbacks dont have to own their flank as they have to do in the 4-3-1-2. Molinaro and Grygera are not good enough to handle a flank by their own. I mean for example, Inter play the 4-3-1-2 but they have great fullbacks like Maxwell, Santon and Maicon which makes this formation good for them.

Juventino_10

Aug 2, 2008
ciro must believe in de ceglie...if he improves his defensive game combined with the ability to put in good crosses he will be or future lb...however he still needs some improvement which he can hopefully get by playing frequently this season

Juventino_10

Aug 2, 2008
We are asking for a formation were our fullbacks dont have to own their flank as they have to do in the 4-3-1-2. Molinaro and Grygera are not good enough to handle a flank by their own. I mean for example, Inter play the 4-3-1-2 but they have great fullbacks like Maxwell, Santon and Maicon which makes this formation good for them.

i dont think ferrara would take the risk in fielding a team without fullbacks...there isnt really much width in the midfied( unless camo n giovinco play but unlikely they will polay in a 4 man mid with a 3 man defence line) so the idea of a 3-1-2-1-2-1 wouldnt be used

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
i dont think ferrara would take the risk in fielding a team without fullbacks...there isnt really much width in the midfied( unless camo n giovinco play but unlikely they will polay in a 4 man mid with a 3 man defence line) so the idea of a 3-1-2-1-2-1 wouldnt be used
WTF kinda formation is that?! :crazy:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The best formation that suitable with the current squad we have is 4-3-1-2, the alternative is 4-2-3-1, or perhap the more risky 4-3-3.

These are the Starting XI for me when everyone is healthy.

4-3-1-2:
Buffon
Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini De Ceglie
Sissoko Melo Marchisio
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​

4-2-3-1:
Buffon
Sissoko Melo
Camoranesi Diego Giovinco
Trezeguet​

4-3-3:
Buffon
Sissoko Diego Melo
Iaquinta Amauri Del Piero​

*If Melo transfer did not go through in the end then replace him with Tiago in 4-3-1-2 and Marchisio for the others.
Nice formations there, although I don't really like using 4-3-3 and would substitute it for 4-3-2-1 (as alternative B formation) seeing it is more suitable, given the players at our disposal.

I think 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 are both good formations for us, even though they do pose some evident issues. The problem with the 4-3-1-2 is that we will get no width as our current batch of FB's are largely incompetent going forward; whereas, if we deploy a 4-2-3-1, the added width with the introduction of Gio and Camo will also imply the under utilization of our ferasome strike force, as only one of Trez, Amauri, Iaquinta, or Del Piero can start in that set-up (most likely Amauri or Trez, which means benching Del Piero and banishing Iaquinta to the stands).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)