Tactics and Formations 09/2010 (5 Viewers)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
4-3-1-2

Buffon
Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio
Diego
Amauri - Del Piero

4-2-3-1

Buffon
Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito
Sissoko - Marchisio
Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco
Amauri

And Yes the 4-2-3-1 would work IMO!. As its no problem switching to a 4-3-1-2 with Camo going back and Giovinco moving up aside Amauri!..
And it could even turn into the christmastree formation with Diego and Gio under Amauri if needed!

How nice of our new coach to come here and read my post before speaking about his prefered formations ;-)

“It will be a 4-3-1-2 system, but that can be changed to 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending on the circumstances. With the characteristics of the players we have right now, I’d say 4-3-1-2 is the best solution.” Ciro

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
why do you care if Giovinco plays or not? Are you a Giovinco fan or a Juve fan? (I am not attacking you, just asking)

I honestly couldn't care less if Giovinco plays or not as long the team is performing well.
What kind of a stupid question is that? I've been supporting Juventus for almost 10 years, please..

I just think that Giovinco is such an amazing and a unique player. Last season, he had 8 assists and dominated many games with his skills in just 1/3 of the games Del Piero and Nedved played. I also think that Diego and Giovinco should play together cuz they are the ones that will bring Juventus glory in the future. I think we are wasting a great talent if Ciro doesn't let him play regularly. And last, he is turning 23 next season and he is not 18 or 19 anymore.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The problem is that most people want to see Amauri/Diego/Gio/DP start. I don't think there's a formation where this can actually work. In the end Gio will be the first to miss the boat on the starting XI, out of those 4 players. Don't get me wrong.. I want him to play, but it won't be easy. I just hope Ciro finds some sort of balance, or a combination between several formations where he atleast gets his chances regularly. :xfinger:

juventino12

Jan 20, 2007
i'm caught in a crossroad

on one hand i want giovinco to start because i (like many others) rate him high. we've all seen what he can do and he's exciting to watch.
on the other hand i want del piero to start because..well..he's not really slowing down. 13 goals, 9 assists last year in serie a alone (31 games played)...that's great for a secondary striker.
i dont think they can play together...especially with the arrival of diego.
i like this formation:
-------------------buffon
zebina - cannavaro - chiellini - criscito
-----d'agostino - sissoko - marchisio
--------------diego----giovinco
------------------Amauri

i say keep tiago, poulsen, and zanetti as subs for the 3 CMs.

sell trez...hmm..he's not going to start and he'll be pissed on the bench..just get rid of him and use the money to buy a LB or RB.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
How nice of our new coach to come here and read my post before speaking about his prefered formations ;-)

“It will be a 4-3-1-2 system, but that can be changed to 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending on the circumstances. With the characteristics of the players we have right now, I’d say 4-3-1-2 is the best solution.” Ciro
I like your formation, but just don't switch to 4-4-2 cos it reminds me Raneiri. I would change something in your formation. I just think that Vicenzo Iaquinta would be a lot more efficient than Amauri, or when we play 4-3-1-2. i would prefer Iaquinta instead of Alex :)
Flm :D

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
i'm caught in a crossroad

on one hand i want giovinco to start because i (like many others) rate him high. we've all seen what he can do and he's exciting to watch.
on the other hand i want del piero to start because..well..he's not really slowing down. 13 goals, 9 assists last year in serie a alone (31 games played)...that's great for a secondary striker.
i dont think they can play together...especially with the arrival of diego.
i like this formation:
zebina - cannavaro - chiellini - criscito
-----d'agostino - sissoko - marchisio
--------------diego----giovinco
------------------Amauri

i say keep tiago, poulsen, and zanetti as subs for the 3 CMs.

sell trez...hmm..he's not going to start and he'll be pissed on the bench..just get rid of him and use the money to buy a LB or RB.
This is the formation that i like to see :beer:

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i think this would be an ideal formation next season with the current players we have in the squad:

zebina - cannavaro - chiellini - de ceglie
-------------------sissoko
---camoranesi -- diego -- giovinco
-----------amauri -- del piero

i believe that our problem areas are the fullback positions and right mid.
Molinaro would never make it in my squad and De Ceglie is too inconsistent.
Camo IMO is lazy and also inconsistent. Also injury prone..

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
I like your formation, but just don't switch to 4-4-2 cos it reminds me Raneiri. I would change something in your formation. I just think that Vicenzo Iaquinta would be a lot more efficient than Amauri, or when we play 4-3-1-2. i would prefer Iaquinta instead of Alex :)
Flm :D
I would never ever switch it to a 4-4-2 !
Well Iaquinta is playing fantastic but I prefere Amauri :) and Alex has to play, atleast for the first part of the season !

Sps :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
i think this would be an ideal formation next season with the current players we have in the squad:

zebina - cannavaro - chiellini - de ceglie
-------------------sissoko
---camoranesi -- diego -- giovinco
-----------amauri -- del piero

i believe that our problem areas are the fullback positions and right mid.
Molinaro would never make it in my squad and De Ceglie is too inconsistent.
Camo IMO is lazy and also inconsistent. Also injury prone..
Don't think thats realistic, with only Momo behind 5 forward-oriented players..

Mar 30, 2006
It's laughable actually.
Especially seeing how Momo tends to chase players and will find himself out of position so we will have no one sitting infront of the defence closing down passing lanes.

Del Piero------Iaq/Amauri
----------Diego------------

Marchisio-----Sissoko/Poulsen------Camo/Tiago
/Zanetti

DC--Chiellini----Cannavaro---Zebina

--------------Buffon-------------------

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
buffon
Zebina canna chiellini criscito
Marchisio momo d'agostino
Diego
D.P Amauri​

This will be our formation with gio swaping with either diego or D.P from time to time, now with 2 playmaking roles he'll get more time
Iaq will be direct sub for Amauri depending on what happens to trez
It's tricky with camo but I see him taking a back seat or a role from either marchisio or d'ago. But he will still be useful when we want to go 4-2-3-1 with the mid looking like this:-

D'ago/Marchisio Momo
Camo diego giovinco​

This presents us with a perfect plan b when teams are tough to break down with the two playmaker formation of the 4-3-1-2, which is obviously the most attractive.
However I have my concerns as it isn't a wide formation we need very good fullbacks, criscito is good but zebina/grygera is the problem as zeb might go shit(hope not) and grygera is just shit, so chances are if zeb gets injured as usual then rb becomes our weak point and it is the most exposed.....

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
-----------------------Buffon
Grygera----Cannavaro----Chiellini---Criscito
-----Camoranesi---Sissoko--D'Agostino
-----------------------Diego
--------------Amauri-----Del Piero

------------------Manninger
Zebina---Legrottaglie---Mellberg---Molinaro
-----Tiago-------Poulsen----Marchisio
------------------Giovinco
-----------Trezeguet--Iaquinta
i still want Brazzo and DC because they both can play as side backs and side midfielders but DC seems to be on his way out...i dont care about marchionni and his future as long as he brings to us a profit of 5-7,5 mil..:p...one more season with Neddy would be fine for me :'(...Chimenti doesnt exist,if we sell Mellberg Ariaudo should take the 4th CB place,Knezevic doesnt exist too...and about Zanetti,i prefer him 100% over poulsen or tiago!but i guess he is on his way out too :/

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
4-3-1-2 is useless without a good RB and LB. Inter play the same formation but they have Maicon, we have Grygera and Molinaro. As I said before, 4-3-1-2 is never going to work. No width and no fast players. I know you guys think we have to many good strikers to play with only one but if we dont buy Lahm and Srna during this summer 4-3-1-2 is never going to work.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
wide play will not be the main style when we use the 4-3-1-2...Diego was added to the team to be the main creative force/focal point of our attacks, with Camo as support...I think we will manage...Zebina will probably be our starting RB next season, and he isn't so bad going forward...LB is still questionable

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
4-3-1-2 is useless without a good RB and LB. Inter play the same formation but they have Maicon, we have Grygera and Molinaro. As I said before, 4-3-1-2 is never going to work. No width and no fast players. I know you guys think we have to many good strikers to play with only one but if we dont buy Lahm and Srna during this summer 4-3-1-2 is never going to work.
:seven:

Mar 30, 2006
wide play will not be the main style when we use the 4-3-1-2...Diego was added to the team to be the main creative force/focal point of our attacks, with Camo as support...I think we will manage...Zebina will probably be our starting RB next season, and he isn't so bad going forward...LB is still questionable
I hope he can stay fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)