Tackles and offsides (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Unfortunately, my best friend and fav. strike partner had a rough tackle more than 1 year, and he had to do 2 operations in Germany on his knee, he still can't shoot a ball and needs to do more operations before he can play again :down:
Injuries happen, they are part of the game. My professional career was ended due to serious knee injuries initially caused by an illegal tackle. But they are still part of the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

thats the best tackles!!!!

the times i have saved my team by leagally chopping down a player thats alone with the keeper are just heaven
hell yeah :fero: :thumb:

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #23
    See, here's the fine point of it. Saying that you know the other player can get hurt means you don't care what happens to them. THAT is my problem in all of this. I never play to hurt anyone and the few times it happens I feel horrible about it.

Keep in mind we are still talking about playing casually, noone is getting paid to sacrifice their health.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    Speaking of tackles in the professional game, I caught some highlights from a "top game" in the Norwegian league. Rosenborg, the winner the past 10 times, is struggling for points way behind the lead and "had to" beat the leader today. And I was really disgusted by the replays they showed. One asshole literally kicked a player inside the box, nothing was given. Then another genius pulled down a defender to let his teammate score from a header, there were also a couple of really nasty tackles. And Lyn, the leader currently, were denied at least one clear penalty. But Rosenborg were down by a goal 15 minutes from time, one of the guys took a nice dive and equalized from the spot. Then another Rosenborg player scored with a high kick that looked dangerous under the circumstances, with the keeper rushing out to save it and a defender nearby.

But Rosenborg got their way once again, refereeing bias is everywhere. But what appaled me more than anything else were the nasty "tackles" they made. Under the circumstances I can be nothing but pleased that I don't see a future for myself as a player. This is really appaling.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    you know those bastards from throndheim, they never know how to behave themselves:D

i played for lyn for 10 years, they thought me how to play, and i must say that i really feel that they should win this year, or at least anyone but rosenborg.

i only saw a little part of the match, but i didn't like the behaviour of several rosenborg players, i think they are really noticing the pressure

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #28
    you know those bastards from throndheim, they never know how to behave themselves:D
    Yeah, and last year I saw some of the action up close in the CL game with Juve :yuck:

i played for lyn for 10 years, they thought me how to play, and i must say that i really feel that they should win this year, or at least anyone but rosenborg.
    Ah, you never said. Do you play seriously anymore?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Ah, you never said. Do you play seriously anymore?
    no i've left lyn now, i'm playing for a much smaller team, but when i played i used to be pretty good. i played for lyn junior elite, and we were widely regarded as one of the top 5 junior teams in the country.

i left because we started training 6-7 times a week, and i got kinda tired after six months of that. also, a few players came in and i started sitting on the bench more and more. almost all of the players from the team that i played on are gone now, as lyn are recruting talents from all over the country. i don't really agree with that philosphy, as a lot of great players got squeesed out of the club they had played for since the age of 6 or 7, but i guess thats the way it is.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #30
    Well that's probably the case in a lot of clubs, although using the local talent is a good idea IMO.

My playing "career" :)D) started and ended at Holmlia SK.. :D I played for about a year and a half from the age of 8. Mostly as a defender but those matches were fun cause the scores were always really high, like 10-0 match after match.. :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    My playing "career" :)D) started and ended at Holmlia SK.. :D I played for about a year and a half from the age of 8. Mostly as a defender but those matches were fun cause the scores were always really high, like 10-0 match after match.. :D
    holmlia, i remember them having a pretty good grass pitch, did you ever get to play on that?

i played against holmlia once, and the ball went out the sidelines for a throw in, and the ball rolled over to a group of teenagers. it was a real mean looking group of kids, they were quite a bit older than me. i went over to them to get the ball, and this one guy starts walking over to me in a real menacing way. he then offers me three packs of chewing gum, that i just ''had to take''. so i played the rest of that game with three packs of chewing gum in my sock. i'll never forget that. we won 2-1 btw. and it was good gum too

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #32
    :LOL::LOL::LOL: What's with the gum??? :D

Did I play on the grass? Well we are talking about times around 89 here... so for all I know they might have installed a super pitch after we moved in 91 but I don't recall any grass at the time...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    :LOL::LOL::LOL: What's with the gum??? :D

Did I play on the grass? Well we are talking about times around 89 here... so for all I know they might have installed a super pitch after we moved in 91 but I don't recall any grass at the time...
    i'm also wondering about the gum:D

i remember the pitch very good, there was a one or two small gravel pitches right by, and a few basketball courts. there was also a few houses and stuff like that nearby.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #34
    I don't recall that, I remember bits and pieces of the area around where I lived but it was a long time ago and I don't know where that could be, it's probably changed a lot. I lived right across the road from the Rema1000 and the Esso gas station, pretty close to the swimming pool inside the mountain. If you know where that is, you have the proximity down.. ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't recall that, I remember bits and pieces of the area around where I lived but it was a long time ago and I don't know where that could be, it's probably changed a lot. I lived right across the road from the Rema1000 and the Esso gas station, pretty close to the swimming pool inside the mountain. If you know where that is, you have the proximity down.. ;)
    i can't remember any esso stations or rema 1000's, but i have a couple of friends in the neigbourhood, so i'll ask them

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #36
    Well the stores might have changed but I'm sure the railroad track and the swimming pool are both still there. It's sort of in between those two.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well the stores might have changed but I'm sure the railroad track and the swimming pool are both still there. It's sort of in between those two.
    i'll ask'em.

wich city do you think is nicest, throndheim or oslo?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #38
    Well nicest is kinda vague. But I prefer Oslo in just about every aspect. The only thing I would point to in favor of Trondheim is that it's small enough to get places fast. Getting to the city takes me 15 minutes by bike, 30 minutes walking. No hassle with the public transportation, in that sense it's great. But otherwise I prefer Oslo though I lived there more than 10 years ago.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    i've only been to trondheim once, and it was only for a few days, but i got the feeling that it has everything you need from a town, i think it would be a nice town if it wasn't for all the mustach wearing locals:D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #40
    HEY take that back! :mad: :D

Not to mention the horrible dialect they have around these parts.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)