Syrian NT Coach, Antonio Cabrini (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well, I judge them by their achievements during the world cup, and everybody know how humilating they were always.
Well this does not mean that small teams should only watch. All teams should go into qualifications. Maybe we agree on the number of teams that should qualify but as for small teams only watching is exactly what is ruining our football.

When was the last time we saw drama in the CL? I can't really remember.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We will play in Group 5 with Iran, Kuwait and UAE.

I predict we will collect 2 points as a max by the end of first stage... I think Lebanon stand with a better chance in Group 4 which is much more easier IMO.
Iyad Mando(spelling?) is a very good player..midfield schemer..Muhannad Ibrahim doesnt look bad either..I like watching Al Karama they dont look bad..most of them i assume are in the Syrian NT?
Asia should be represented by only one team, and that team should be the winner of a match between Japan and South Korea.

The players of all the other Asian teams can watch this match.
i think Asia should have two spots..two of Saudi Arabia , Korea , Japan , Iran and Australia deserve to be in the WC only.

btw Rebel, if you dont mind me asking..where are you from??

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Iyad Mando(spelling?) is a very good player..midfield schemer..Muhannad Ibrahim doesnt look bad either..I like watching Al Karama they dont look bad..most of them i assume are in the Syrian NT?

i think Asia should have two spots..two of Saudi Arabia , Korea , Japan , Iran and Australia deserve to be in the WC only.

btw Rebel, if you dont mind me asking..where are you from??
Palestine, mate...

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    I'm so impressed somone in this forum know Syrian players :)

Iyad is a great player, he was nominated among the best three players in Asia last year... stupids in NT don't call him anymore becuase they consider him old (31):confused:.

Ibrahim is a good talent but it seems like every player with IBRAHIMovic in his name got a bad attitude... I don't think he will become that special.

Karameh is an amaizing team... they have a very limited resources yet they have the best youth team in Syria and they never brought players from outside the club... reaching the final of the Asian Cup was a real miracle.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Palestine, mate...
    For some reason i always thought you were algerian..anyway welcome;)

I'm so impressed somone in this forum know Syrian players :)
    Of course i know syrian players...i'm interested in arab football as a whole.
    Iyad is a great player, he was nominated among the best three players in Asia last year... stupids in NT don't call him anymore becuase they consider him old (31):confused:.
    Thats strange..granted i dont watch much syrian football..but i am yet to see a syrian player that is better than him..so calm and composed on the ball..and one of the best passers of the ball in the arab world..great player:tup:

Ibrahim is a good talent but it seems like every player with IBRAHIMovic in his name got a bad attitude... I don't think he will become that special.
    thats a shame..because he is really talented..he impressed me very much in the few Karameh games i watched...Does he play for the NT?
    Karameh is an amaizing team... they have a very limited resources yet they have the best youth team in Syria and they never brought players from outside the club... reaching the final of the Asian Cup was a real miracle.
    i watched their run in the asian cup..the only reason they lost the final was inexperience...their team spirit is amazing..it pains me to this day..everytime i remember how they could have won that final...then they would have been playing the likes of Kaka, Pirlo , Maldini and Seedorf come december:sigh:

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #32
    Of course i know syrian players...i'm interested in arab football as a whole.
    Thats strange..granted i dont watch much syrian football..but i am yet to see a syrian player that is better than him..so calm and composed on the ball..and one of the best passers of the ball in the arab world..great player:tup:
    Now let me admit that the first time I've noticed you are a Lybian living in UAE ;)

Our football Federation are well known of giving crazy decisions... few years ago they decide to stop calling players who are older than 28 in a bid to support youth players... of course the results was terrible and they decide to abandon the decision soon after the made it.

As for Iyad I have no explination... a player who is nominated as one of the best three players in Asia are not playing for his NT:frown:

thats a shame..because he is really talented..he impressed me very much in the few Karameh games i watched...Does he play for the NT?
    They call him for NT but he is not a starter yet... he is talented and I agree but to move to the next level he has to improve his attitude.

i watched their run in the asian cup..the only reason they lost the final was inexperience...their team spirit is amazing..it pains me to this day..everytime i remember how they could have won that final...then they would have been playing the likes of Kaka, Pirlo , Maldini and Seedorf come december:sigh:
    Karameh are a club from Homs... people from Homs believe they can beat Brazil NT if they play them in Homs:D watching their run in the Asian cup I didn't believe how they managed to eliminate Eithad KSA (The cup holder) by beating them 4-0 after losing the 1st round 2-0... it's a shame they didn't win the cup after all eventhough I support whoever play against them when they play domestically.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Now let me admit that the first time I've noticed you are a Lybian living in UAE ;)

Our football Federation are well known of giving crazy decisions... few years ago they decide to stop calling players who are older than 28 in a bid to support youth players... of course the results was terrible and they decide to abandon the decision soon after the made it.

As for Iyad I have no explination... a player who is nominated as one of the best three players in Asia are not playing for his NT:frown:

They call him for NT but he is not a starter yet... he is talented and I agree but to move to the next level he has to improve his attitude.
    I see..thanks for the explanation..:)
    Karameh are a club from Homs... people from Homs believe they can beat Brazil NT if they play them in Homs:D watching their run in the Asian cup I didn't believe how they managed to eliminate Eithad KSA (The cup holder) by beating them 4-0 after losing the 1st round 2-0... it's a shame they didn't win the cup after all eventhough I support whoever play against them when they play domestically.
    yes i remember the Ittihad match..what a comeback that was!! And yes i am aware Karameh are from Homs..why do Syrians hate and ridicule those people so much..they're kind of like the Sa3ayda in egypt to you guys:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I see..thanks for the explanation..:)

yes i remember the Ittihad match..what a comeback that was!! And yes i am aware Karameh are from Homs..why do Syrians hate and ridicule those people so much..they're kind of like the Sa3ayda in egypt to you guys:D
    But the difference is that Homsi girls are cute while Saeedi girls are not:eyebrows:

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    Homsian girls are the best, I lived there for one year during my college study so I know very well how SEXY is Homsian girls.

As for Homsian in general we don't hate him, it is just that we use them as a joking materials:D

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    I just read in a local magazine an interview with Cabrini after he was apointed as NT coach... I won't translate all of it as it is so long but this part deserve the mention.

Interviewer: And Obviously Antonio you are a Juventus fan.

Antonio Cabrini: No I'm not, I support AC Milan.

Interviewer: Sound strange after playing for around 10 years at Juve.

Antonio Cabrini: It is sad but true, Juventus managment tend to pay no attention or respect to their old champions, just look at the likes of me, Rossi ans Zoff... Juventus didn't try to keep anyone from that golden era after their retirment... unlike Milan where you can see the likes of Baresi, Leonardo and Maldini in charge of technical anad managerial positions at the club hierarchy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)