Syrian civil war (11 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Most people in the US voted for Hillary yet trump is the president, does that mean its sovereignty is illegitimate?
That would only make Trump an illegitimate president.

- - - Updated - - -

He's even Belgian. Is there a more political complex country than your flemish/walloon-escapades? Italy perhaps. But dats it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Some European countries take close to 0, others take in millions. Exactly like some European countries are deeply engaged in Syria, while others are staying the hell out of that shithole.
Of course. But Europe as a whole helps the rest of the world more than any other continent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You could do that. You could also say that you think their responsibility is so big you simply decide to nuke the country. Both are legal possibilities. Frankly I think the biggest problem here is that no one is able to hold the US accountable. They couldn't care less, because they know no one is going to do jackshit about it. But that's simply a reality of international law. Countries that represent a strong economic and military power, will simply get away with a whole lot more.

Neither France nor Belgium are compareable to Afghanistan though. That's a completely different level we're talking about.
I agree, but you see the point i'm making

- - - Updated - - -

How can someone from a European country be this ignorant about Europe.
We are a bunch of clueless pussies.

Putin showed that in humiliating fashion, when the US told us to go provoke shit in Ukraine, and we were all talk. Then Russia decided it wasent having it and took action.

I personally found it hilarious how "oh so bold europe", had nothing in reply. Oh yes, some trade embargo's. wich mostly hurt our domestic farmers

- - - Updated - - -

Europe takes refugees like crazy and Zach says they do nothing :touched:
Thats not the "action" we are talking about

- - - Updated - - -

He's even Belgian. Is there a more political complex country than your flemish/walloon-escapades? Italy perhaps. But dats it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Some European countries take close to 0, others take in millions. Exactly like some European countries are deeply engaged in Syria, while others are staying the hell out of that shithole.
Thats actually, a very good question

See, what i'm saying is this. A country's sovereignity shouldnt be breaches, unless they are doing it first to some other nation.

Its 2017.

You can perfectly go all US/NATO and put missle defences around the borders of a troublesome nation. Extreme vet their inhabitants or cancel incomming migration alltogheter, put economic sanctions ....

You guys can argue my quickly tought up examples are not great. FIne. But see the above point i'm making

And i'll repeat. Trump should stay the fuck out of Syria.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sickening to see how the political establishment is fapping over these pointless airstrikes. I hated it when Obama tried to meddle in Syria, and I hate it when Trump is doing the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bringing regime change to secular countries only causes endless grief for everyone around the world, but neocons and neoliberals only see those juicy donations aka legal bribes from defense contractors.

- - - Updated - - -

I despise Republicans, but Obama was just as bad in this regard, and Clinton would've been too.
Oh, I agree entirely. I was only poking fun at Zach and Andy for the nonsense they spout about lefties and democrats being authoritarian warmongerers, as though that has anything to do with sides of the political spectrum or party. Both the Conservatives and Liberals have their hawks. Saying one side is more authoritarian is nonsense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh, I agree entirely. I was only poking fun at Zach and Andy for the nonsense they spout about lefties and democrats being authoritarian warmongerers, as though that has anything to do with sides of the political spectrum or party. Both the Conservatives and Liberals have their hawks. Saying one side is more authoritarian is nonsense.
Thats bullshit, cause every democrat and other left winger is by definition authoritarian, while a good part of the rightwing/conservatives are libertarian for example, which detests it.

You for example are infinitly more authotorian minded than me. You just dont like its the big buffoon holding the steering wheel.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats bullshit, cause every democrat and other left winger is by definition authoritarian.
That's simply not true.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

See, what i'm saying is this. A country's sovereignity shouldnt be breaches, unless they are doing it first to some other nation.
Yes. That is what you're saying. And it's ridiculous. There will always be circumstances when a country's sovereignty can be breached.

I doubt any preemptive strike or humanitarian war would be legal under the current legal framework. I agree with you there. But the legal framework is way too simplistic and is often passed by the facts.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The accusations levied by Hitchens apply more to the US than they do Iraq. The little taiwanese lapdogs doing their best to please their masters/sustainers.
No, they don't. There are is no genocide carried out by the US government on its own population. The US are not violating the Non-proliferation treaty. They are not harboring international terrorists, and despite the libtarded drivel, they are not annexing territories of other countries. Iraq under Saddam did all these things and it's pathetic that people are defending him or comparing the US to that criminal regime. Yes, people died during the war and the US made a lot of mistakes and couldn't stabilise the country, but that doesn't mean that they are worse or that it wasn't justified to take Saddam out. For example, even though the Allies declared war on Germany in WW2 and a lot of civilians died, that doesn't make them the aggressors or as bad as the Nazis. You are just driven by blind hatred for America.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, they don't. There are is no genocide carried out by the US government on its own population. The US are not violating the Non-proliferation treaty. They are not harboring international terrorists, and despite the libtarded drivel, they are not annexing territories of other countries. Iraq under Saddam did all these things and it's pathetic that people are defending him or comparing the US to that criminal regime. Yes, people died during the war and the US made a lot of mistakes and couldn't stabilise the country, but that doesn't mean that they are worse or that it wasn't justified to take Saddam out. For example, even though the Allies declared war on Germany in WW2 and a lot of civilians died, that doesn't make them the aggressors or as bad as the Nazis. You are just driven by blind hatred for America.
This is not even close to being the same thing. It would be the same thing if Saddam had attacked the Netherlands and France responded by declaring war. No such thing ever happened.

You seem grossly misinformed about the Iraq war. The US used the angle of a 'humanitarian intervention'. Clearly it wasn't, but if it was, a failure to stabilise the country does mean the war wasn't justified. You can't go in with the idea of improving living conditions and end up making matters much much worse.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
This is not even close to being the same thing. It would be the same thing if Saddam had attacked the Netherlands and France responded by declaring war. No such thing ever happened.
The Gulf war was exactly that; he invaded Kuwait and the US declared war. The situation was as black and white as it gets, yet even then most leftists were against the war. This is further evidence that some people have so much irrational hatred for America that they will defend anyone who fights them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The Gulf war was exactly that; he invaded Kuwait and the US declared war. The situation was as black and white as it gets, yet even then most leftists were against the war. This is further evidence that some people have so much irrational hatred for America that they will defend anyone who fights them.
The Gulf War was, but the Gulf War did not end by overthrowing the Saddam regime. And it ended in 1991.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
We are a bunch of clueless pussies.

Putin showed that in humiliating fashion, when the US told us to go provoke shit in Ukraine, and we were all talk. Then Russia decided it wasent having it and took action.

I personally found it hilarious how "oh so bold europe", had nothing in reply. Oh yes, some trade embargo's. wich mostly hurt our domestic farmers.
Nonsense per usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)