Syrian civil war (4 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't care if Assad gasses the whole goddamn decrepit middle east, there is no reason for us to be involved in yet another war escalation. Most likely the attack was a false flag anyway, nobody knows what the hell is going on there with all the pseudo-ISIS and so called "moderate rebels" anyway. If this escalates then Trump is in big trouble, a lot of his hardcore supporters are already turning against him simply because of this. It had better be a flexing of muscles and not anything else. Regardless, it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just more proof the Democrats are insane authoritarians. Assad gassing those folks is like me pulling my pants down in a job interview -- it makes no sense and anyone with half a brain can see that. Total false flag attack by those who want war.
Election wise, it was a retarded move.

- conservatives are mad cause he should have gone through congress with this
- Libertarians and the likes are mad cause he attacked a sovereign nation that didnt pose a thread to the US, hence breaches their core rules of ultimate personal/property freedom and the sacredness of anothers property.
- far right is mad cause he used american tax dollars to blow up shit in the middle east and they cant care less cause "its the middle east, spend that money in america"

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. For some people somehow bombing the shit out of a country and killing thousands is less abhorrent than killing a hundred as long as you don't use chemical bombs.

The way democrats are praising Trump for this is so freaking hilarious. These attacks are only to redeem Trump (especially regrading his relationship with Russia). They can't even prove that Assad did that, and why on earth would he? (think about it, is there a single reason explaining the use of chemical weapons killing ~80 people?) If there was one single soul in the US government (this one and the previous) who cared about Syrians, the rebels wouldn't have been funded and armed. Sure, nobody in Russia or Iran gives a damn about Syrians either, but they don't claim to do so either.
How is it hilarious ? They are putting further oil on the fire thats trump's re-election
Not just is his core voter base very mad. They now see he's getting democratic support, which makes it twice as bad

Secondly, its the authoritan democrat nature.

The big deal with chemical weapons, is the result. Bombing a presumed rebel hideout is one thing. You'll have colleteral damage, and its disgusting.
Explosive weapons used on the same crater, make a deeper hole in the crater. Not a wider area.
Chemical weapons, like Iraq used in the iran-iraq war, as you know dont really work like that. They are at max density allready, they'll diffuse. Bomb the same crater with 50 additional sarin loaded artillery shells, and you'll get a wider cloud, you will create exponential colleteral human damage, and you are well aware of it.

One can always argue a rocket strike was for a specific target and depending on technology, Syria isnt doing that bad, its somewhat around that target.
Chemical weapons take out the target, the village where the target is at, and everything in the vicinity.

Thats why chemical agents are weapons of mass destruction, and explosive weapons are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, that's some expensive stuff.
You know that stuff is trending big time in a major part of Trump's voter base ?

If he continue's on this path, he'll single handedly blew his re-election.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
People here have gone full Turk with their conspiracies. Assad and Putin are disgusting human beings, who'll kill whoever criticize them.
I get the idea that it's not our business. But some things shouldn't be tolerated. Genocide, killing your own people, things like that shouldnt be tolerated.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I get the idea that it's not our business. But some things shouldn't be tolerated. Genocide, killing your own people, things like that shouldnt be tolerated.
Chemical warefare is a good place to draw that line.

Syria is in the OPCW.

I understand why trump went fast. But he should have gone through congress with that.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Don't. You know, very well, that this isn't to be analyzed as an isolated case.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it shouldn't be tolerated, but the idea of "we shouldn't be meddling" is naive.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Chemical warefare is a good place to draw that line.

Syria is in the OPCW.

I understand why trump went fast. But he should have gone through congress with that.
Is it a good place to draw a line? Really? Then why don't you draw it? Where's that European line?

Jul 1, 2010
People here have gone full Turk with their conspiracies. Assad and Putin are disgusting human beings, who'll kill whoever criticize them.
If Assad did not use chemical weapons when he was losing (just prior to the Russian intervention), why would he right now, days before peace talks where he has the upper hand, when he is winning, days after Trump and Tillerson acknowledged that Assad staying in power was a reality? I know Assad is a ruthless bastard but nothing indicates that he is suicidal. Gassing his own people RIGHT NOW is nothing short of suicidal.

The timing is perfect.

Cui bono?

It makes NO sense whatsoever for Assad to gas civilians now. He had nothing to win and everything to lose from doing this, while the so-called rebels (terrorists) who are desperate right now have everything to win by committing a false flag attack.
It also could have been an accident, Assad bombing a rebel weapon's cache that contained chemical weapons.

WMDs 2.0

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone who thinks rebels are on higher moral ground is deluding himself, the only reason assad is demonized in the media is because of geopolitical considerations and it feeds the whole david vs goliath narrative. The truth is war is ugly, and the people who plunged their country into this mess with that knowledge, in my eyes bear all the moral responsibility.
:tup:

Jul 2, 2006
assad isn't demonized, he is already a demonic son of a whore. People of Syria don't want to be jailed by a nusayri dictator for another 40 years. If French people have right to say no to a kim jong as their president for eternity, Syrian people have that right too. It's the people that own the nation, they are Syria, not a worm face whom already lost control of the majority of the country, hiding in his palace, raining death from sky to people, only thanks to foreign powers that want to colonize them.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
assad isn't demonized, he is already a demonic son of a whore. People of Syria don't want to be jailed by a nusayri dictator for another 40 years. If French people have right to say no to a kim jong as their president for eternity, Syrian people have that right too. It's the people that own the nation, they are Syria, not a worm face whom already lost control of the majority of the country, hiding in his palace, raining death from sky to people, only thanks to foreign powers that want to colonize them.
So what you are saying is, a country's leader should be elected by the people on certain intervals and requires a parliament to work, right ?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Do you think the US invasion of Iraq and toppling Saddam was a good idea?

- - - Updated - - -

"Europe" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The EU is a bunch of faggots and pussy's that like to talk.
Yea, so you expect the US to not tolerate certain things but when things go wrong (i.e., Iraq) the US has to bear full responsibility? (I thought you hated Hillary for he warmongering ideas). Sorry you sound like a coward then that likes to talk only, as you perfectly described in your own post. Besides, you must be a hypocrite too. Honestly, I tried to understand your point of view, read your posts, but I don't get you.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Do you think the US invasion of Iraq and toppling Saddam was a good idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, so you expect the US to not tolerate certain things but when things go wrong (i.e., Iraq) the US has to bear full responsibility? (I thought you hated Hillary for he warmongering ideas). Sorry you sound like a coward then that likes to talk only, as you perfectly described in your own post. Besides, you must be a hypocrite too. Honestly, I tried to understand your point of view, read your posts, but I don't get you.

Relax, separate things.

Enron made a comment about Europe doing something. Europe is world class at doing nothing. Thats all i'm saying. Wether we should or shouldt do something, you can bet your house we wont do it. Except talking and hoping we can follow the US

Look at Palestina & Israel. We are just talk. We follow the US, wether they are right or wrong. We just follow. Bit of diplomacy sure, but we always follow
Second gulf against Iraq. "weapons of mass destruction". Oh how Belgium for example was gonna not follow bush. 2 weeks later the US was using Belgian airports for their logistics transfer. Another few weeks later we were doing it for them.

In regards to what america did against Syria.
Yes, i didnt want Hillary cause she's a warmongerer. Yeah, Trump can fuck off with the threats he's trowing. Yeah, trump lied to ALOT of his voters by sending that strike towards the Syrian base.

I said i can understand Trump. I didnt say i agreed with it. But i do am disgusted by use of chemical weapons.

Honestly ? If trump would have gone through congress with this, and would have gotten approval of UN/Nato... i'd have less problems with it.

Trump going solo, ignoring the constitution and doing exactly what he said he wouldnt do ? Yeah, i dont like that at all. If he has troops set foot in Syria, he can officially go fuck himself for all i care

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
All those who think the best way to US go is keep doing nothing and Let Russia and China take all the world is brilliant.

China took control of Asia and Latinamerica. Russia is taking control east europe and starting in Middle East so in a decade if US suffer any terrorist attack in America it would need to ask to Russia and China for permission to do something

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
All those who think the best way to US go is keep doing nothing and Let Russia and China take all the world is brilliant.

China took control of Asia and Latinamerica. Russia is taking control east europe and starting in Middle East so in a decade if US suffer any terrorist attack in America it would need to ask to Russia and China for permission to do something
SO, if you suffer a terrorist attack, you should just go forth and invade a sovereign country ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)