Syrian civil war (4 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
not only that joonam, but in one of the links it says very clearly CIA has been funding and coordinating with opposition groups 5 years before the revolution, the notion that stuff like this is organized organically is naive and silly.
A different discussion but US also were involved in the Coup in Ukraine.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

They did the same thing in Ukraine with the National Endowment for Democracy, other NGOs and Soros sponsored groups, as evidenced by the Nuland leak.

They're doing the same thing in Venezuela as we speak.
You beat me to it :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The US played a very dirty role there. Pretty much helped a coup that removed a democratically chosen president, and was partially fascist.
They then had Europe and Russia trow each other embargo's, while staying clean of that

Meanwhile, why exactly should the US decide what can and cant be bombed. While beeing highly controversial, i kinda buy their talk that he's still the best idea to stop ISIS.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I find it funny how the Republican candidates talk about controlling Putin when they get in office. Putin would own them all.

I think Trump is the only one respecting him.

Jul 1, 2010
Who isn't though? Every politician is a piece of shit. Some, like Putin are interesting characters.
Indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

putin is the only politician in the world who doenst have to answer to any one entity/person, so his populism is more egomaniacal than necessary
Yep, Putin doesn't have to deal with the Federal Reserve or bullshit like that, he completely controls Russia including their central bank.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
putin is a shameless populist, but i must say he owned the US so bad in syria
Also he is a criminal; a massmurderer and thief with big kitty eyes.
It makes me really sad that people haven't learned to assume the opposite of what he says to be the truth by now

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How can you compare the two? Forget about people's motives to revolt against Assad (he's corrupt, people had enough etc), can't you see the difference between arming and funding various opposition groups against the government of a sovereign country and supporting the very government? If the US starts funding and arming opposition groups in say Spain to revolt against the government, will you find it strange the Spain's allies in Europe support the government (for obvious reasons from having and following common purposes and fearing a destabilized region among others)?

In this thread, pretty much everyone was against Assad in the beginning. Snoop and Rami were the exceptions, and X was skeptical (he knows what he's talking about, i remember he believed that Syrians are not educated enough to not be manipulated by those who were orchastrating the revolution, and i disagreed mainly because i believed no matter what, Assad had killed so many people he had to go. Turned out he was right). So it's funny to accuse anyone of being pro-Assad here. I now believe everyone got what they were hoping to get. Assad is still there so Iran and Russia are happy, the region is destabilized enough so the US and Israel must also be happy. A few hundreds of thousands of people have been killed and a lot more displaced, but who cares.
The Spain analogy is an extremely poor one that removes context away from the discussion. I know you picked Spain randomly to make a point, but to me it makes a big difference. Spain's leader's are democratically elected, the only source of legitimacy Assad has is power and might. He was not democratically elected, he was not legitimately appointed. His father assumed control of Syria with a military coup and he inherited it to his son.

and yes, it is extremely sad what has happened in Syria. Despite all I am saying right now, I truly do believe it probably would have been better had the revolution not happened at this point of time. The one thing X was definitely right about, is that Arab countries are not ready for the kind of change people were hoping for with the Arab spring, in countries like Syria, Egypt, Libya and others people are just not educated enough to make the kind of changes people were hoping for possible. Look at Libya, we got rid of Geddaffi, but sprung up a bunch of warlords who grew up the "Geddaffi way", instead of having one tyrant, we now have a bunch of tyrants vying for power.

Did you read the links i posted? No revolution 'just' happens
not only that joonam, but in one of the links it says very clearly CIA has been funding and coordinating with opposition groups 5 years before the revolution, the notion that stuff like this is organized organically is naive and silly.
One word: Momentum. The Syrian's would not have revolted against the regime had it not happened in Tunisia and Egypt, Syrian people, the vast majority that took out to the streets were not funded and coordinated by the CIA, that's a preposterous claim, and one that is not supported at all by the links you posted. Maybe the opposition's political elite/militias were funded/armed/supported by the CIA, but not the hundreds of thousands of people that went out to the streets to revolt against the regime, those people were inspired by the revolutions that happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

Unless you believe the whole Arab spring was orchestrated by the CIA, which would be odd, because Mubarak was their staunchest ally in the region, in fact calling him an ally would be an extreme inaccuracy, he was a puppet.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Also he is a criminal; a massmurderer and thief with big kitty eyes.
It makes me really sad that people haven't learned to assume the opposite of what he says to be the truth by now
Putin is the biggest threat these days. But you'll still see people here call it western propaganda - especially Christian idiots.
How is Putin worse than the US?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
How is Putin worse than the US?
1) domestically
Do people 100km away from the US capital still live without electricity and constant hot water? Do opposition politicians and journalists get murdered on the streets on daily basis?
2) geopolitically
When was the last time the US annexed a piece of a souvereign country? Proxy wars don't count as both parties are equally active

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
1) domestically
Do people 100km away from the US capital still live without electricity and constant hot water? Do opposition politicians and journalists get murdered on the streets on daily basis?
2) geopolitically
When was the last time the US annexed a piece of a souvereign country? Proxy wars don't count as both parties are equally active
1. Domestically? Almost nine out of 10 Russians approve of their president, according to survey that also highlights support for Ukraine strategy. http://www.theguardian.com/world/da...dimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

2. I would love to see how US would react to Russia helping overthrow the Canadian/Mexican government to install a puppet government and have them join an anti-USA alliance. Putin annexed Crimea, where most of the people voted for the democratically elected President that had been ousted by US help.

US invasion of Iraq was worse than Russia have ever done, and that's the reason ISIS exists today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)