Syrian civil war (15 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
This is the biggest bullshit I've heard :D
Thanks man.

I'd say he's the closest to stability though, definitely not the closest to democracy :p
I said closest thing because I don't see any other alternatives.
RAMI¹⁰;5110100 said:
It's the truth, Rab :D

The others suck so hard.
:tup:

How you been doing man? Long time no see.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
RAMI¹⁰;5110103 said:
Im good Hashim and you? I follow your news on Twitter :D
Good to hear man. I am fine too :tup:
I just found it funny Syrian regime and democracy in the same sentence. Hilarious :D
:D

I don't like them either, Rabih. But unfortunately I think it will be worse if they leave. It'll be Iraq all over again. Today everyone in the west are saying that Iraq would be better off with Saddam, it's the exact same thing that will be said about Syria 5-6 years from now if Assad is removed.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I just found it funny Syrian regime and democracy in the same sentence. Hilarious :D
What is Democracy bro? :D

Good to hear man. I am fine too :tup:

:D

I don't like them either, Rabih. But unfortunately I think it will be worse if they leave. It'll be Iraq all over again. Today everyone in the west are saying that Iraq would be better off with Saddam, it's the exact same thing that will be said about Syria 5-6 years from now if Assad is removed.
:tup:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, it was expected no? I mean when Hafez (Bashar's father) ruled Syria in brutality for 30 years and now his son for another 10+ years you wont and can't expect anything else but this, it's how the system was built and it's how made to be after their departure, either their regime for infinity or chaos after them until there is no more place for blood. I'll go with chaos hoping there will be a change rather then see a country handed for a single family (that wants you to think they are the best solution) they might be the best solution for a short term but I'll go with a long term. He will be killed sooner or later.

RAMI¹⁰;5110114 said:
What is Democracy bro?
Democracy is definitely not a two way, ISIS or Kim Jong/Hafez Assad/Saddam Hussein/Gaddafi/Idi Amin or Mao.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, it was expected no? I mean when Hafez (Bashar's father) ruled Syria in brutality for 30 years and now his son for another 10+ years you wont and can't expect anything else but this, it's how the system was built and it's how made to be after their departure, either their regime for infinity or chaos after them until there is no more place for blood. I'll go with chaos hoping there will be a change rather then see a country handed for a single family (that wants you to think they are the best solution) they might be the best solution for a short term but I'll go with a long term. He will be killed sooner or later.

Democracy is definitely not a two way, ISIS or Kim Jong/Hafez Assad/Saddam Hussein/Gaddafi/Idi Amin or Mao.
except bashars regime is not hafez', and the majority of the syrians were for the regime to stay and not for the revolution, but i guess that democracy doesnt count because it doesnt fit with the narrative.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
no it is not, offer us your practical alterntive
It is the biggest bullshit and you know it.

Assad regime selling the democracy slogan/motto and putting the civilians or the world under two options, either them or ISIS is the biggest bullshit literally.

I've asked you this before, do you wish to talk about Assad's regime crimes? And the no difference between them and ISIS? My list is long and pretty much disturbing. Or is the beard and clothing brands that makes the difference? Because blood is practiced pretty well by the two with an advantage to Assad family who have been in the business for 40 years.

Alternative is simple, Assad goes (Which is unlikely to happen anytime soon unless he's killed or there's a change in Russian American agenda) and then fight ISIS which is not impossible and will take few years which is realistic or refuse the two and remain in the chaos hoping for a change.

I am sure if you were a Syrian civilian and you were a peaceful anti regime you would definitely refuse the idea of handing the country back to Assad because sooner or later you will be killed and only god knows in what style or way.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
except bashars regime is not hafez', and the majority of the syrians were for the regime to stay and not for the revolution, but i guess that democracy doesnt count because it doesnt fit with the narrative.
Huh?

How did you come up with that?

and really I still don't understand how you defend Bashar's regime, I really don't. It's one thing to say they are a lesser evil than ISIS, it's another to imply that Syrians actually wanted Bashar's regime?

and really for what would they want such a backward regime? A completely autocratic country, with a centrally planned economy, where you can't even open a falafel stand without security authority's approval!

Milton Friedman would be disappointed at you my friend :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No he's not because he's not as smart, in-fact he's probably the dumbest politician in the zone.

Majority of the Syrians? That's funny, considering how the votes are played. If it's not 99.99% it's 97.81%. Saddam used to get over 98% as-well and I'm sure Shi'aa in Iraq had no other option. Same goes with Gaddafi and etc.

I Refuse to believe that apart from Bashar's sects (Alawi's) no one will vote for him, not even the Christians (only those who profit from the royal family).

I can name you the cities also that went out in the streets when it was still peaceful demonstrations/revolution.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It is the biggest bull$#@! and you know it.

Assad regime selling the democracy slogan/motto and putting the civilians or the world under two options, either them or ISIS is the biggest bull$#@! literally.

I've asked you this before, do you wish to talk about Assad's regime crimes? And the no difference between them and ISIS? My list is long and pretty much disturbing. Or is the beard and clothing brands that makes the difference? Because blood is practiced pretty well by the two with an advantage to Assad family who have been in the business for 40 years.

Alternative is simple, Assad goes (Which is unlikely to happen anytime soon unless he's killed or there's a change in Russian American agenda) and then fight ISIS which is not impossible and will take few years which is realistic or refuse the two and remain in the chaos hoping for a change.

I am sure if you were a Syrian civilian and you were a peaceful anti regime you would definitely refuse the idea of handing the country back to Assad because sooner or later you will be killed and only god knows in what style or way.
Couldn't agree more :tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It is the biggest bullshit and you know it.

Assad regime selling the democracy slogan/motto and putting the civilians or the world under two options, either them or ISIS is the biggest bullshit literally.

asked me what, assad's regime is the legitimate one with international recognition fighting a CIA staged revolution, ISIS is a 7th century abomination made of sexually frustrated losers, the 2 couldnt be more different. Your alternative is not even worth the time to discuss on here let alone on a serious platform.

Huh?

How did you come up with that?
if the majority wanted him gone hed be gone, you do know the people who started this were trained and armed abroad?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No he's not because he's not as smart, in-fact he's probably the dumbest politician in the zone.

Majority of the Syrians? That's funny, considering how the votes are played. If it's not 99.99% it's 97.81%. Saddam used to get over 98% as-well and I'm sure Shi'aa in Iraq had no other option. Same goes with Gaddafi and etc.

I Refuse to believe that apart from Bashar's sects (Alawi's) no one will vote for him, not even the Christians (only those who profit from the royal family).

I can name you the cities also that went out in the streets when it was still peaceful demonstrations/revolution.
all irrelevant and your personal and biased opinion

- - - Updated - - -

RAMI¹⁰;5110136 said:
What I meant is, in my view there is no democracy.
there is not ONE kind of democracy, even technically, take england for example

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
asked me what, assad's regime is the legitimate one with international recognition fighting a CIA staged revolution, ISIS is a 7th century abomination made of sexually frustrated losers, the 2 couldnt be more different. Your alternative is not even worth the time to discuss on here let alone on a serious platform.
You really believe that? :D

The serious platform you want to hear and discuss is the platform the regime is selling you.

Oh and speaking of sexually frustrated losers, my father's cousin was kidnapped, sexually abused and killed by the Syrian regime many years ago when he was just 16/17, not sure if that's 21st century for your liking.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

if the majority wanted him gone hed be gone, you do know the people who started this were trained and armed abroad?
All I know is that is your theory of it.

Personally I believe the Syrians wanted him gone, although to be completely honest it's a bit hard to say if the majority wanted him gone or not, as I know quite a sizable number of Syrians who were pro Assad too, I still think more wanted him gone than not. Though obviously nobody can claim anything but anecdotal evidence either way.

Also, even if the majority wanted him gone, it's arguable whether they'd really be able to topple him or not. I'd say it's much clearer in Libya that the majority wanted Geddaffi gone, the Eastern cities in Libya took out all Gedaffi presence within days, but a couple of weeks later he was this close to retaining all of it back if it weren't for NATO intervention in the last minute. What I mean to say, is a powerful minority can still rule with an iron fist, it doesn't always matter if the majority are against them.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Come on, this is horribly biased. International recognition means BS, especially if half the states around the world officiall denounced him. Also, CIA staged revolution :howler:

The two are fundamentally different in their motivation, ISIS being religious fundamentalists, Assad primarily being in it for his own gain/drive to power as it seems to me. Their methods & the harm they're causing right now are surprisingly similar.

You know that things don't work like that :D Countless regimes have survived for decades in human history despite the majority actually being against them. The only thing you could argue for is that the majority didn't want him gone badly enough to risk their lives over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)