Syrian civil war (14 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
you have that idea, and I don't know from where. But I don't have idea like that for Syria, and and I think it is safe to say the opposite here on this forum no? Looking at Gaddafi and his speeches and his violent threats, one can have an idea of what the country is living under that clown, but you can obviously see, that's not the case here, you can't compare Syria with Libya. I am not saying Syria is a heaven, but it's not like you are imagine it to be. But if you are one of those that you dream of Islamic states, then I agree with you, Syria would be a hell for you under Assad regime.
I get my idea from Syrians. Ones that i never knew if they were for or against, but they used to always joke around about the strong mukhabarat system in Syria, and the way people are terrified to speak there, you know these kind of jokes i'm sure. Plus it is common knowledge that Syria is one of the most autocratic regimes in the world, freedom of speech is almost non existent there. Another thing is, i know so many Syrians that aren't allowed into the country, Syrians that haven't been to their country for 15 years sometimes even 20. I haven't lived or visited Syria ever, but i'm sure if you ask the Arabs around here barring the ones who made their opinions here clear ala me, Rab and Rebel, i'm sure even the others would tell you Syria is among the lowest among Arab countries in terms of freedom of speech.

As for Islamic state, you know that in that respect, the Libyan regime isn't doing too badly. Libyan airlines along with Saudi Airlines are the only Arab airlines that don't serve alchohol. Libya is among the few countries in the world where alcohol is strictly prohibited, Libya is the country with the most percentage of people who memorize the whole Koran, out of the 6.5M residents, 1.5M memorize the whole Koran. We have one of the biggest percentages of mosques to people ratio. So if i'm thinking of having an Islamic state, i wouldn't be this strongly against our current regime. Especially that now in the transitional council, we have several people who want Libya to be a secular country. Yet i'm still with the transitional council and strongly against Gedaffi, even if it means we have a secular country, something i still strongly hope doesnt happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I get my idea from Syrians. Ones that i never knew if they were for or against, but they used to always joke around about the strong mukhabarat system in Syria, and the way people are terrified to speak there, you know these kind of jokes i'm sure. Plus it is common knowledge that Syria is one of the most autocratic regimes in the world, freedom of speech is almost non existent there. Another thing is, i know so many Syrians that aren't allowed into the country, Syrians that haven't been to their country for 15 years sometimes even 20. I haven't lived or visited Syria ever, but i'm sure if you ask the Arabs around here barring the ones who made their opinions here clear ala me, Rab and Rebel, i'm sure even the others would tell you Syria is among the lowest among Arab countries in terms of freedom of speech.
I don't need Arabs to ask to know what Syria is. Freedom of speech? It exists my friend. Do you know Yaser al Azma? do you know Dured al lahham? There are many to count who mock the regime in theaters and even on TV. You can find them all on internet if you want, I know other two too, but can't remember their name, because I don't watch Arabic media or their things (this doesn't mean I didn't see those works against the regime). But ofcourse if you go to street, and insult the president, they will beat the shit out of you. Which Arabic country allow these to happen anyway? Local radios here, I heard many times while I was driving people talk shit about baladiye, and mas2ouleen, for stealing and stuff. Isn't this enough? I think it is enough if you compare with other Arabic countries. I don't want to sound like I am praising the level, but all Arabs are like these, they are restricted by their freedom, their freedom is limited, I didn't claim Syria is free like European countries :D but comparing with other Arab countries, it is more than acceptable..

The ones who tried to coup (Ikhwan) back 3 decades ago and more, suffered brutally by the system, no one can deny that, I also said these in my previous posts. The ones who are forbidden to go to Syria, are probably their families.. We need to look at their cases, separately, if I tell you that I am fully informed of their situations, then I would be lying. I don't comment on things I have no information, like other people do in here..

As for Islamic state, you know that in that respect, the Libyan regime isn't doing too badly. Libyan airlines along with Saudi Airlines are the only Arab airlines that don't serve alchohol. Libya is among the few countries in the world where alcohol is strictly prohibited, Libya is the country with the most percentage of people who memorize the whole Koran, out of the 6.5M residents, 1.5M memorize the whole Koran. We have one of the biggest percentages of mosques to people ratio. So if i'm thinking of having an Islamic state, i wouldn't be this strongly against our current regime. Especially that now in the transitional council, we have several people who want Libya to be a secular country. Yet i'm still with the transitional council and strongly against Gedaffi, even if it means we have a secular country, something i still strongly hope doesnt happen.
I wasn't talking about you, I am talking to some Syrians who want the country to be Islamic like Libya or Saudi Arabia, for that I said it is hard for them under Assad rule, they have zero tollerance against it! and I don't understand why you want your country not to be secular. It's your opinion, and I have to respect it, I know, but it disgusts me to be honest, why the fuck you want to force your beliefs on the rest of your people. Live your religion belief for yourself for fuck sake, and leave everyone to live the way they want.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Luckily for us Libya has no sects, one of the few countries with almost almost 100% Muslims, and 97% Sunni's. You can believe in whatever you want, but i want alcohol to be banned, and i want bars, night clubs and the sort to be banned as well. We are a traditional conservative muslim community, and i don't believe a secular state would be right for us.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Luckily for us Libya has no sects, one of the few countries with almost almost 100% Muslims, and 97% Sunni's. You can believe in whatever you want, but i want alcohol to be banned, and i want bars, night clubs and the sort to be banned as well. We are a traditional conservative muslim community, and i don't believe a secular state would be right for us.
wouldn't be right for you yourself, what if someone convert to Atheism? or Christian? what if that 3% or even more want to live a normal life, would you take that freedom from them? I know loads of Sunnis here or in Turkey or Lebanon who drink alcohol, is it right for you or the governments to ban that, and take that right from them? what kind of freedom is this Fred. and this has nothing to do with democracy btw.. unfortunately we have people like you here in Syria, and they are a lo. and want to do the same to us, thanx God we have a president who give us these rights, it's natural that a president like this to be hated by other Arab countries :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
wouldn't be right for you yourself, what if someone convert to Atheism? or Christian? what if that 3% or even more want to live a normal life, would you take that freedom from them? I know loads of Sunnis here or in Turkey or Lebanon who drink alcohol, is it right for you or the governments to ban that, and take that right from them? what kind of freedom is this Fred. and this has nothing to do with democracy btw.. unfortunately we have people like you here in Syria, and they are a lo. and want to do the same to us, thanx God we have a president who give us these rights, it's natural that a president like this to be hated by other Arab countries :)
For your information, before all this at least, it might have changed now that people finally found out what Bashar is all about, but before all this, i used to struggle with people because most Arabs loved him, you know because of all the Bashar being against Israel stuff, Arabs looked at him as the only president to being against Israel, and you know how much Arabs identify with the Palestinian cause. So the notion of him being hated because he is a secular is not true. Look at how many people love Saddam mate, and he's a secular as well.

As for someone wanting to convert to Atheism, he is free to believe whatever he wants, but no alcohol in my country, there are limits to freedom, everybody recognizes that. Plus, its not like we're going to be doing anything different, in France they ban the burqa, in Switzerland they ban the minaret of mosques, in Libya we ban alcohol. As for sunni's drinking alcohol, well ya of course there are, come on man, i'm not that naive, i personally know a lot of people who drink alcohol, but i don't believe it should be acceptable in our societies. Syria might be different in that you guys have a sizable Christian percentage, it would be completely unfair to disregard them when making such laws. If i were Syrian i would not be for banning alcohol in Syria.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
For your information, before all this at least, it might have changed now that people finally found out what Bashar is all about, but before all this, i used to struggle with people because most Arabs loved him, you know because of all the Bashar being against Israel stuff, Arabs looked at him as the only president to being against Israel, and you know how much Arabs identify with the Palestinian cause. So the notion of him being hated because he is a secular is not true. Look at how many people love Saddam mate, and he's a secular as well.
and that turned to hate suddenly? if you all were supportive and all, what made you change your ideas that he should step down? and I mean way before the killings began, and I am sorry, I don't believe you in that. All the "love" can't be turn to hatred that simply..

As for someone wanting to convert to Atheism, he is free to believe whatever he wants, but no alcohol in my country, there are limits to freedom, everybody recognizes that. Plus, its not like we're going to be doing anything different, in France they ban the burqa, in Switzerland they ban the minaret of mosques, in Libya we ban alcohol. As for sunni's drinking alcohol, well ya of course there are, come on man, i'm not that naive, i personally know a lot of people who drink alcohol, but i don't believe it should be acceptable in our societies. Syria might be different in that you guys have a sizable Christian percentage, it would be completely unfair to disregard them when making such laws. If i were Syrian i would not be for banning alcohol in Syria.
You said it yourself that a lot of sunnis drink alcohol, what make you think that some big percentage of your people there want to do the same? you can't know until you give them the freedom they deserve.. comparing alcohol with Burqa and Minaret is rubbish, it's not like Bible is the one ordering them to ban it, Burqa is a religious symbol, and can hide the identity of a person, and minaret make high noises, even thou I am not totally against banning it..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
and that turned to hate suddenly? if you all were supportive and all, what made you change your ideas that he should step down? and I mean way before the killings began, and I am sorry, I don't believe you in that. All the "love" can't be turn to hatred that simply..

You said it yourself that a lot of sunnis drink alcohol, what make you think that some big percentage of your people there want to do the same? you can't know until you give them the freedom they deserve.. comparing alcohol with Burqa and Minaret is rubbish, it's not like Bible is the one ordering them to ban it, Burqa is a religious symbol, and can hide the identity of a person, and minaret make high noises, even thou I am not totally against banning it..
Snoop, i've always hated him. I'm talking about those overly excited Arabs who think that just because Bashar said a negative thing or two about Israel, hes going to go liberate them next. There are loads of those people believe me.

As for the second part, you're only naming the negatives of Burqa and Minaret, i can do the same and just say "alcohol causes liver damage". Btw, there was an idea that alcohol might be allowed in Libya to boost the tourism sector, you should have seen the outcry that happened in Libya, most people are against allowing alcohol in Libya. The government cancelled that idea completely.

Jul 2, 2006
Most of the Muslims who drink alcohol have no clue about consequences. It's because of lack of Islamic education. If they knew, most of them wouldn't drink again.

minaret make high noises? and alcohol make people rape and kill each other. what now?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Snoop, i've always hated him. I'm talking about those overly excited Arabs who think that just because Bashar said a negative thing or two about Israel, hes going to go liberate them next. There are loads of those people believe me.

As for the second part, you're only naming the negatives of Burqa and Minaret, i can do the same and just say "alcohol causes liver damage". Btw, there was an idea that alcohol might be allowed in Libya to boost the tourism sector, you should have seen the outcry that happened in Libya, most people are against allowing alcohol in Libya. The government cancelled that idea completely.
Bashar hates Israel, and he or his father didn't just talk shit about them, but did whatever they could. I don't want to be in this discussion, as I am not with the idea for Syria to hate or go to war against Israel or anyone, I want the country to have peace with everyone.. Those clowns you are talking about, I am sure they are dreaming of sucking Erdogan's dick, for a few bashings he gave.. meanwhile his country has relations with Israel and many deals :disagree:

"Alcohol cause liver damage" is not an argument, everyone is free to damage his own liver, be it with alcohol and a lot of other things, if we have to ban everything that damages the liver, you won't find anything to eat or drink.. I just feel sorry for anyone who thinks like me and lives in Libya, I can't say anything else.. I am sure you are against gay rights also..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Most of the Muslims who drink alcohol have no clue about consequences. It's because of lack of Islamic education. If they knew, most of them wouldn't drink again.

minaret make high noises? and alcohol make people rape and kill each other. what now?
I drunk loads of alcohol and I didn't rape or kill anyone..

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
So I hear Turkey has threatened to support sanctions against Syria and that they're considering creating a 'buffer zone' insideSyria to deal with the amount of refugees flooding their border unless Bashar brings about reform.

Shits popping off yo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)