swearing (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, still operating but the filter has always been fairly limited in functionality, it doesn't catch misspellings and such.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ok i get misspellings... something many of us use to our own end on occasion but how about (and dont ban me for this) ::

Shit , cunt , bollocks etc

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Is it even needed. Your supposed to have to be over 13 when registering, at 13 cant you curse? and cant others get over a few curse words?:D

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Is it even needed. Your supposed to have to be over 13 when registering, at 13 cant you curse? and cant others get over a few curse words?:D
    I actually agree, but seeing as we are told its in operation it should work really, plus i spose other non registered people may read and be offended

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Apparently those are not on the list. I could add them but it would be a never ending race between the cencor and the "clever" individuals who misspell the words.

In fact, it's the same thing with spam these days. Spam filters go by keywords and the spammers have become increasingly prolific in finding new misspellings.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Apparently those are not on the list. I could add them but it would be a never ending race between the cencor and the "clever" individuals who misspell the words.

In fact, it's the same thing with spam these days. Spam filters go by keywords and the spammers have become increasingly prolific in finding new misspellings.
    I was more interested in how the words i typed above are not included as they are common swear words and spelt correctly... the mispelled is understandable but those??

pretty poor software... id ask for my money back

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's up to the admin to list all the words they want to ban. Not that I really care much about it, the quality of the software is not bound to how effective the cencor is.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    ok i get misspellings... something many of us use to our own end on occasion but how about (and dont ban me for this) ::

Shit , cunt , bollocks etc
    Bollocks is a swear? Never knew that.

I heard it before, but what does it mean?

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    If i kick you there, it will really hurt
    Kick me anywhere and it would really hurt ;)

Okay, thanks, I get it.

Hmm, I actually learnt something from these forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)