Sven Goran-Eriksson (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And that opinion would be that winning the Serie A with Lazio equals not being able to "do a thing with them"?
Only Lazio?

* IFK Göteborg
o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982
o Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
o UEFA Cup Winners 1982
* S.L. Benfica
o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989
o European Cup Runners Up 1990
o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983
* A.S. Roma
o Coppa Italia Winners 1986
* U.C. Sampdoria
o Coppa Italia Winners 1994
* S.S. Lazio
o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
o Serie A Champions 2000

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
if Juve want to change Ranieri why they don't just get Lippi back or Mourinho?
IMO Sven Goran-Eriksson brings nothin' special, doesn't need him !!

and Juve is not the only team that doesn't play entertaining football in Serie A (TBH no one does it)

Grande JUVE !!

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
We would become another Real Madrid "a coach for each season"!!

I am happy with Ranieri and I think he has done a superb job..

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Shut up. you have no idea what are talking about and it's making you look like a fool. So I suggest you quit arguing about this matter now and save some face while you can.
Thats my opinion on the guy, never thought he's great even so he won some trophies. With the kind of players he had with lazio back then he should have won more....And by the way its not u who teaches me about the game i've been watching serie A for 15 years perhaps even before u've been born....and plz let's talk like adults without insulting one another (use bitter words to show u're opinion).......

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Only Lazio?

* IFK Göteborg
o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982
o Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
o UEFA Cup Winners 1982
* S.L. Benfica
o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989
o European Cup Runners Up 1990
o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983
* A.S. Roma
o Coppa Italia Winners 1986
* U.C. Sampdoria
o Coppa Italia Winners 1994
* S.S. Lazio
o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
o Serie A Champions 2000
Will you use the same argument if we were to hire Trapattoni? Or Mancini maybe? Winning trophies is not the only reason why a coach is good. People here would welcome Prandelli for example, not because he won a lot, but because he really can get the best out of his squad. Sven failed to do that with the English national team and with Man City as well. Therefore, the argument is not how much he won, but how much he can win in the future.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Will you use the same argument if we were to hire Trapattoni? Or Mancini maybe? Winning trophies is not the only reason why a coach is good. People here would welcome Prandelli for example, not because he won a lot, but because he really can get the best out of his squad. Sven failed to do that with the English national team and with Man City as well. Therefore, the argument is not how much he won, but how much he can win in the future.

:shocked2:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :dielaugh:

I don't believe my own eyes here. What in the world are you on? Sven-Göran is the most successful English national team manager ever statistically, and he took them past the group stages in all major tournaments, World Cup 2002, Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006. I mean it's not like he had the squad of Brazil, Argentina or France to work with.

And Man City? I'd say their season is beyond expectations by a mile. It's naive to believe otherwise looking at the squad he's been given. They've won both derbies against Man U, which is probably enough to secure legendary status among City fans for life.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Sven failed to do that with the English national team and with Man City as well
ROFL Manchester City happen to have there best point tally in this season more than every other season even when they finished 8th now they have a better points tally..... so hes done a shit job huh.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007

I don't believe my own eyes here. What in the world are you on? Sven-Göran is the most successful English national team manager ever statistically, and he took them past the group stages in all major tournaments, World Cup 2002, Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006. I mean it's not like he had the squad of Brazil, Argentina or France to work with.

And Man City? I'd say their season is beyond expectations by a mile. It's naive to believe otherwise looking at the squad he's been given. They've won both derbies against Man U, which is probably enough to secure legendary status among City fans for life.
If their season is beyond expectations, how come he's under pressure? And claiming he's the best English national team manager ever, is a bit far-fetched, as they have won the World Cup before him.

I don't have anything against him, I agree, he has done a good job with both England and Man City, but Ranieri has done a good job too, so far. My opinion is, if we want to replace Ranieri, we should do so with someone, who can do an excellent job. And I'm simply not sure, if Sven is the right person to do it. However, if he does come, then I'm willing to give him a chance.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It doesn't matter who our manager is, ppl will always complain. We won back to back titles and ppl wanted Capello's head.

With that in mind, I find it funny that some of u r saying u want Sven b/c he is a winner. The majority of u hate Ranieri for reasons other than results.

A new coach is another year of transition. Ranieri has done a good job given the circumstances, and just b/c u dont like what substitutions he makes, his comments to the media, his transfer strategy, or other trivial, irrelevant non-result based criticism's, isn't a strong enough excuse to sack him given he secured the club's objective. If some our signings did better, we werent robbed (Napoli, Reggina), and we didn't have as much injury trouble, we would be 2nd.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Actually we would be first if Camo was playing all season, we weren't robbed and Inter weren't awarded minimum one non existant penalty a game.

@tibike

He is "under pressure" because Taxin Shinawatra does not comprehend football.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Actually we would be first if Camo was playing all season, we weren't robbed and Inter weren't awarded minimum one non existant penalty a game.

@tibike

He is "under pressure" because Taxin Shinawatra does not comprehend football.
Yeah, I don't say he's a bad coach, but my argument is exactly what Shyne said. Even though Sven is a good coach, replacing Ranieri might do more harm than good.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Yeah, I don't say he's a bad coach, but my argument is exactly what Shyne said. Even though Sven is a good coach, replacing Ranieri might do more harm than good.
I was only answering to the obvious wrongful claims you made about Sven-Göran. I never said we should assign him as Juventus coach.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007

My opinion is that because Sven spent more time sh...... around he lost a touch quite a bit.
He did not win anything for almost 8 years, and things in football do change. He's playing almost always as 451 , very defensive and boring football. Just look their goal difference and it should be so clear. He under achieved in M.City as he had backing and money to spend regardless of position where are they now 8th. Only last league results saved him, Sunderland, Portsmouth ...
And in regards to England, he is the one who ruined english NT as they were favorites for last championship. He done so badly that he got sacked at the end...

He is dead wood now, but used to be among the best.

Anyway its media BS as always just to put some pressure on coaches. I still can't believe that more than half of Italian coaches were sacked this season in Italy. 13th!!!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
He did not win anything for almost 8 years, and things in football do change.
Ok, and what was he supposed to win during those years? The World Cup or Euros with a team like England? Dream on. His results were as expected if not better.

He under achieved in M.City as he had backing and money to spend regardless of position where are they now 8th.
No top players would come to Man City in the first place. He had to settle for the likes of Bojinov, Corluka, Garrido, Elano and Bianchi. Add to that he had very little time to build a team. Before the season started everyone said anything above 10:th place was more than good.

And in regards to England, he is the one who ruined english NT as they were favorites for last championship.
:confused2

England favourites to win the World Cup 2006? Now I am sure you are from England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)