Sven Goran-Eriksson (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Baseless rumour.Sven's a very good coach,and he's be a neat replacement for Ranieri.He's coached in Italy and won here(unlike Ranieri) so he knows the league well.Yes he had a great squad at Lazio when they won the scudetto,but you he still deserved credit.But having said that,Ranieri wont be sacked and i think we all know that.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Ranieri has done enough to convice the board and the fans,he should be given a second season especially with better transfers. Erikson is all about buying players and we definitely wont do so, no need for him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ok, and what was he supposed to win during those years? The World Cup or Euros with a team like England? Dream on. His results were as expected if not better.

No top players would come to Man City in the first place. He had to settle for the likes of Bojinov, Corluka, Garrido, Elano and Bianchi. Add to that he had very little time to build a team. Before the season started everyone said anything above 10:th place was more than good.

:confused2

England favourites to win the World Cup 2006? Now I am sure you are from England.
Whats wrong with the bolded players? actually both would probably make the top 4 teams.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Will you use the same argument if we were to hire Trapattoni? Or Mancini maybe? Winning trophies is not the only reason why a coach is good. People here would welcome Prandelli for example, not because he won a lot, but because he really can get the best out of his squad. Sven failed to do that with the English national team and with Man City as well. Therefore, the argument is not how much he won, but how much he can win in the future.
YOU my friend, are an idiot

:shocked2:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :dielaugh:

I don't believe my own eyes here. What in the world are you on? Sven-Göran is the most successful English national team manager ever statistically, and he took them past the group stages in all major tournaments, World Cup 2002, Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006. I mean it's not like he had the squad of Brazil, Argentina or France to work with.

And Man City? I'd say their season is beyond expectations by a mile. It's naive to believe otherwise looking at the squad he's been given. They've won both derbies against Man U, which is probably enough to secure legendary status among City fans for life.
cheers esteban saved me from teh hassle

IF and i do mean IF we were to get rid of ranieri then sven is the caliber of manager i would like to think we are linked with, not that i see either him nor ranieri losing their jobs anytime soon. he is a quality manager who has won pretty much every club he has been at,anyone who denies the mans quality is a fool, the only reason he is under any sort of pressure is simply because the start the (smallish) man city squad made raised expectations wildly too high

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Thank you very much. Kick the guy, not the ball, right? So what, I presented an opinion that is different from yours, prove me wrong, all right? Was it really necessary to insult me?
:agree: So what if the guy is against erikson, i fucken hate his football and i really feel he's overvalued as a couch.. I can't forget how toothless lazio looked in his day's though they had the best players perhaps in the world.....I agree with tibike opinion (don't just look at the stats look at how the teams under him performed).......

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Thank you very much. Kick the guy, not the ball, right? So what, I presented an opinion that is different from yours, prove me wrong, all right? Was it really necessary to insult me?
how about this? its all very well not liking a manger for his tactical philosophy, its all very well not liking a manager because of his public persona,it is all fine and well not liking a manager because he is too high profile, its all fine and well as long as you actually have an argument. simply saying that he is no better than ranieri and expecting people to respect that opinion without actually backing it up with any reasoning is only going to leave you open to ridicule.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
how about this? its all very well not liking a manger for his tactical philosophy, its all very well not liking a manager because of his public persona,it is all fine and well not liking a manager because he is too high profile, its all fine and well as long as you actually have an argument. simply saying that he is no better than ranieri and expecting people to respect that opinion without actually backing it up with any reasoning is only going to leave you open to ridicule.
I never once said he is no better than Ranieri. I just claimed I'm not sure if he's worth the risk of another transition period. It has been some time since he won something, so he's not really a safe bet, that's all.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
fair enough, now you are giving an objective and balanced point of view. you cannot really point to a lack of trophies when he was manager of a national team that has underperformed for decades,Harry Houdini couldn't work his magic on them!
sven-groaning-erektions club record is incredible, IF we are changing manager i think he would seriously need some consideration

by the way i like the formation in your sig,even if it is totally unrealistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)