support our team you idiots. (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
deej, the whole point of being here is to express our opinions. Of course we know it's not gonna make a difference in the long run, but it's just interesting to talk about the possibilities etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JTNY

Dec 23, 2003
Although, predicting losses is not a terrible offence, against teams like Milan etc, it is a huge offence against Siena.....

One of Juve's strengths this season has been the demolition of smaller clubs who should be defeated, Siena, Olympiakos, etc.

Faith in a sporting team can be seperated from likely possibilities, but not against Siena.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
IMO, all juve fans here support the team.. no matter what..
being pessimistic and Criticizing the team or the players is something else..

we love juve.. that's why we are here.. (most of us;)).. do you think that we criticize milan or roma and attack them if they play bad.. NO, we don't care about them.. our critics toward the team come from the love that we have for it..
we can't be blind.. when we see something wrong is going we do something about it.. being here and giving good critics is the least thing we can do.. isn't it?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Wow dj, that was the longest and most serious football post I ever saw you post :eek: :D

While I agree that criticism is something normal for when things are going wrong, over-criticism is silly. Yeah maybe our defence is letting the ball slip in the net too many times (though if you look at them one by one, 3/4 came either a result already acquired and/or from set pieces or own goals).

So if people are criticizing the team for conceding many goals, why aren't people praising the team for beating the juve record of most points in the first round and for having the best attack in serie a, something which we rarely do.
yeah... we got even more points than what we got last season at the same stage, that's impressive

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
After conceding goals like that against Siena, I'm still not convinced. If we hadn't won those penalties (which are a lottery), my 'pessimistic' prediction would have come true.
Exactly my point !!!!!!

I am as much a fan as anyone else here (remember, I bought 2 satellite dishes to see almost all of Juve's games !!)

This team is NOT as good as last year, and that pisses me off !!!!!

Aug 1, 2003
well deej, what's the whole point of going to the forums if you can't argue over stupid things? :D

it does look like we are in a bit of a trouble this season, but like I said sometimes it is annoying when someone is overly critical. sometimes someone will talk about Juve as if there's nothing grand about Juve at all. I mean, after all these years of struggling and still coming up to win the scudetto for two consecutive years, and beating 3 spanish teams and all that triumphs, you would have thought some fans would stop saying that Juve isn't good enough or something.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Square, i understand the sentiments of your thread. But you got to realise that your typecasting everyone on this forum because of just a few people who are pessimistic to quite another extreme.

Most people here are fans of Juve. And they are as fickle in victory as defeat. Thats how all fans are. Whether its Man U, Madrid, Bayern or Milan. But frankly speaking, Juve despite all their achievements are lagging a bit off late. And that is a concern, no doubt. Predicting a loss against Siena in no way ridicules Juve, or any other big team, because, lets face it, when you play teams all year around, your bound to have a hiccup even when you least expect it. I dont think anyone would predict Inter losing to Empoli, but it happened...
Whether you like it or not, nothing is impossible in football.
And everyone here, has the right to feel the way they want about the team they love and admire. Because thats how their feelings are at a particular point of time. Tomorrow if Juve wins the CL, everyone will forget about how weak our defense is. But if they lose, Ferrara, Biri, Thuram and Co will be the first people criticised. Its because most fans are unable to look at the practical perspective. And its only because all their passion and emotions over ride everything else. So dont worry, because everyone here loves and suports Juve as much if not more than you do. Im not denying you might be angered by some whom your not on the samewavelength with, but be careful how u generalise them, because everyone's human, after all.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
My opinion is that

yes as a fan we should surpport our team. But this doesn't mean that we become blind to their faults/weakneses and "oh! Juve is perfect!" syndrome..... we should have the broad mindedness to see things for what they are, wether good or bad.

BUT! as a fan.... it doesn't mean that you will trash your own team and your own players..... so Dp or whoever isn't doing well (this is just an exapmle.... pls...... am pre-empting some "are you nuts? he just scored a hattrick" response) . Yeah, sure, say that.... discuss that..... criticise that.... etc...... but still surpport him.

Same thing.... Juve goes into a poor spell..... talk about it.... but still surpport them.

Don't say that we're going to loose to a any team.... If it's a big team like Roma or soemthing and juve isn't doing well then ok...... we may not win them.

don't say that we wont win the Cl or the scudetto this year....now that would be all out pessimissm.

What i'm trying to say is, don't be blind to any faults that we may have. We have both pros and cons. But no matter what, if you think that you are a Juve surportter....... then do you job and just go out there and surport them already!

++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

di livio was never considered a star, do we like him? god some of you sound as if you started supporting juve last year.
why take it out on us 1 yr fans? :frown:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
some of you are so unbelievably pessimistic.

in the juve - siena match thread someone said we would lose 2-1. COME ON YOU FOOL WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. SIENA JUST GOT PROMOTED.

all some "fans" do is complain about the team. THERES NOT ENOUGH STARS?! who cares. zambrotta isnt considered a star, do we like him?

di livio was never considered a star, do we like him? god some of you sound as if you started supporting juve last year.

a fan sticks by their team, AND CAN RECOGNISE WEAKNESSES, but that does not mean a fan constantly exagerrates and says juve will lose every game.

some of you always talk about "spirito juve" and how the players never give up. WELL LET THE FANS SHOW IT. stick behind your team.

juventuz.com is one the biggest juve fan sites, and is disgraceful to see it here.
YAP!:thumb:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Oh my god, Juve are in a bad patch?

*GASP*

2 losses so far, and 38 friggin goals, the most in the Serie A. Ok, so we had like 2 losses? End of the season? Doesn't the fact that we have the most goals make us feel... 'superior' in the attacking sense?

I dunno, but I'm all for the new style of play.

Prior to the Siena match, we beat Perugia and Sampdoria.

So why are people being pessimestic?

I think Juve is already recovering from its bad patch (period where we lost to Lazio and Inter consecutively) and the Leece match was only a hiccup to our recovery.

The scudetto might not be won this season. Neither will the CL. But if our team can keep on scoring and improve on its strategy and tactics in the defensive elements, wouldn't that be great for next season?

Besides, some people have already acknowledged the fact that Lippi was going to 'experiment' this season. And we're 2nd? Holy hell.

Imagine if we ain't experimenting.

But the fact that somebody actually thought that Juve would lose to Siena at home was shocking. A true fan might predict a bad result,

but he never gives up hope.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I am pessimistic alot of the time because I don't want to be dissapointed....that said, I never give up hope ;) I think that once you give up hope, then it's almost pointless, unless you are one of those that likes hopeless causes.......
and while Juve had a bad patch, and we never have really played brilliantly(from what I've heard), there is no reason to think that the season is finished. Afterall, if we get some momentum going at the right time, who knows what could happen!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its silly to make a soap opera because our defence is struggling. At least this time we are scoring more goals to compense the lack of defense, and in some way that is makoing a balance, because in the last season we were more or less in the same standings with our "good defense".

Maybe this year this defense faults will take its toll in the CL,... but at leats it will not be a surprise as we all knew this since the beggining.

Just be positive.... Juventus almost always do something to win.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
IMO, all juve fans here support the team.. no matter what..
being pessimistic and Criticizing the team or the players is something else..

we love juve.. that's why we are here.. (most of us;)).. do you think that we criticize milan or roma and attack them if they play bad.. NO, we don't care about them.. our critics toward the team come from the love that we have for it..
we can't be blind.. when we see something wrong is going we do something about it.. being here and giving good critics is the least thing we can do.. isn't it?
I second this. despite being pessimistic, I believe most of us are true fans of Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)