[Supercoppa Italiana] The Super Duper Inter 2-1 Juventus [January 12th, 2022] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angelus87

Jan 10, 2022
yeah, it's legit.

marelli (former ref) said that every team offers small gifts to refs so nothing to see here. it reminded me how moggi offered some maseratis so that refs wouldn't have to wait for their flights :boh:
That s actually biased as fak. In my country they are not allowed to ref from same city he come from (homecity) even. how s in Italy?!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
De Vrij is preferred to MDL in Dutch NT. I’d surely take Bastoni over Bonucci. Brozo and Barella can walk into Juve midfield, and nobody would want Morata instead of Dzeko/Martinez. Dumfries might not be Dani Alves but he’s not shabby either. Alex Sandro has been terrible this season and can’t get into any top team’s lineup.
your point about Juve not playing as a team is valid, but let’s not kid ourselves regarding there squad.

I was not doing a 1:1 comparison of the starting 11 I was simply saying these are all players they would love to have and would get plenty of game time at Inter. Just over a year ago this management and a large part of the fanbase were thinking this group should dominate Serie A (better than Sarri's group did) and go even further in the CL.

Chiellini and Bonucci were at the heart of the last Euro win and were rock solid then. The team and the system of play are the main difference not the squad quality. Supposing we were totally wrong even in a 1:1 comparison the difference is at most marginal, certainly not what our points difference and league standing suggests. This coach is failing... baaaaad

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I was not doing a 1:1 comparison of the starting 11 I was simply saying these are all players they would love to have and would get plenty of game time at Inter. Just over a year ago this management and a large part of the fanbase were thinking this group should dominate Serie A (better than Sarri's group did) and go even further in the CL.

Chiellini and Bonucci were at the heart of the last Euro win and were rock solid then. The team and the system of play are the main difference not the squad quality. Supposing we were totally wrong even in a 1:1 comparison the difference is at most marginal, certainly not what our points difference and league standing suggests. This coach is failing... baaaaad
If they have better players why would they love to have ours? The only Juve players that undeniably start for this Inter are Chiesa and Cuadrado, and neither played in that game. The team that did play was inferior in almost every position. Does this mean coach is not to blame? No. But let’s not make up stories about the strength of the squad.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If they have better players why would they love to have ours? The only Juve players that undeniably start for this Inter are Chiesa and Cuadrado, and neither played in that game. The team that did play was inferior in almost every position. Does this mean coach is not to blame? No. But let’s not make up stories about the strength of the squad.
There are more than 11 players at the club that get a lot of gametime?

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Because their players are largely on the downward trend from their peak or are players who can fulfil a role within their system whereas a good proportion of ours are on their way towards what their peak could be. Down to who their manager was before Inzaghi and also Marotta.

If you did a combined 11 then I would believe we would have at least 4 of the 11. IMO Tek, Cuadrado, Chiesa, Dybala and there’s a possible debate for De Ligt and Locatelli.

They don’t possess many players who I’d say are a big step above what we currently have in terms of ability and mentality (to my mind I can only think of Barella who would be in that category).

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Because their players are largely on the downward trend from their peak or are players who can fulfil a role within their system whereas a good proportion of ours are on their way towards what their peak could be. Down to who their manager was before Inzaghi and also Marotta.

If you did a combined 11 then I would believe we would have at least 4 of the 11. IMO Tek, Cuadrado, Chiesa, Dybala and there’s a possible debate for De Ligt and Locatelli.

They don’t possess many players who I’d say are a big step above what we currently have in terms of ability and mentality (to my mind I can only think of Barella who would be in that category).
Ours are not on downward trend? We have 35 and 37 year old CBs, and Alex Sandro is playing like he’s 45. Cuadrado is not getting any younger either.
You said 4 and you named 3 only, but let’s go over that. I have no issue with Chiesa and Cuadrado. I’d take Latauro over Dybala, and Argentina NT coaches seem to think the same.
Locatelli is good but not better than Barella. De Ligt is great, but De Vrij is better (he’s the starter in Dutch NT). Tek might be somewhat better than Handanovic but both of them make stupid mistakes. Also Handa probably won’t start next season while Tek will be here for a while.
At the end of the day it’s all subjective, but I tried to put some reasoning behind my opinion.
Edit: I’m not saying they miles better like City or Liverpool, but they ARE better. When we started our winning cycle we were only slightly better than Milan, but we built on it and they self destructed. Pretty much all downfalls happen the same way.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Ours are not on downward trend? We have 35 and 37 year old CBs, and Alex Sandro is playing like he’s 45. Cuadrado is not getting any younger either.
You said 4 and you named 3 only, but let’s go over that. I have no issue with Chiesa and Cuadrado. I’d take Latauro over Dybala, and Argentina NT coaches seem to think the same.
Locatelli is good but not better than Barella. De Ligt is great, but De Vrij is better (he’s the starter in Dutch NT). Tek might be somewhat better than Handanovic but both of them make stupid mistakes. Also Handa probably won’t start next season while Tek will be here for a while.
At the end of the day it’s all subjective, but I tried to put some reasoning behind my opinion.
Edit: I’m not saying they miles better like City or Liverpool, but they ARE better. When we started our winning cycle we were only slightly better than Milan, but we built on it and they self destructed. Pretty much all downfalls happen the same way.
I stated a good proportion of our players are not on a downward trend, which I believe is true.

I also named 4 players - Tek, Cuadrado, Chiesa, Dybala.

You’ve made a case there for 3 of the players, but the fact you need to make a case would indicate it’s not clear cut.

It initially seems to come across as if they are miles better reading this thread and hearing interviews, which as you agree isn’t true. I don’t think even the most avid fan would deny they are currently better than us though, so that debate is a non starter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #257
    we prolly discussed it already somewhere. this author is an interista for life, so not quite unexpected from her. she always hated juve, so i'm happy that she had the most miserable 9 years when we were winning in italy.
    Who is the author? I won't give that site clicks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)