[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 4-0 Lazio (August 18th, 2013) (32 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Tevez

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
beIN isn't showing it live in the US because the Madrid game is on at the same time. This is why they need more channel space, Serie A always gets screwed because they think that everyone here only wants to watch La Liga & that Serie A fans don't really exist. They shouldn't have bought the rights to three big leagues if they don't have the means to show them all a fair amount.

I've "complained" to them a few times but I always either got ignored or got an automated response telling me that I can watch such-and-such match delayed, or on the Spanish channel I don't get.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Fuck beIN, they ruined everything. I remember there was an international match, United States vs I don't remember who and it was only on beIN. The fact that I can't even watch my own country play is ridiculous.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Fuck beIN, they ruined everything. I remember there was an international match, United States vs I don't remember who and it was only on beIN. The fact that I can't even watch my own country play is ridiculous.
Sometimes they would rather replay the same Barca or Madrid match two or three times in a day than show one Serie A game even on delay. And I like Barca so I'm glad to be able to see all their games, but I'd rather watch Serie A than *insert random other La Liga game here*. The fact that Serie A fans are paying extra for this channel with such poor coverage isn't right.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sometimes they would rather replay the same Barca or Madrid match two or three times in a day than show one Serie A game even on delay. And I like Barca so I'm glad to be able to see all their games, but I'd rather watch Serie A than *insert random other La Liga game here*. The fact that Serie A fans are paying extra for this channel with such poor coverage isn't right.
I was just taking a liking to you :sad:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But it's still hilarious that the FIGC listened to Lotito's bitching and that the game is played in Rome, so it's really a home game for them. What a joke.
The way things have gone in the build-up to this game should really prompt a review of the organisation of the Supercoppa.

If the FIGC/Lega wanted this game played in Beijing to market Italian football, Juve shouldn't have been able to pull out of that in order to line their own pockets by playing games in America and then saying Beijing didn't fit their schedule.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I don't think official matches should be played abroad... marketing in other countries, that's what friendlies are for. But moving the match back to Italy, it should definitely have been put in a neutral venue.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There was never formal agreement over this.
Exactly.

I believe there ought to be in future to prevent the sort of mess there has been this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think official matches should be played abroad... marketing in other countries, that's what friendlies are for. But moving the match back to Italy, it should definitely have been put in a neutral venue.
Where would you suggest?

This one could only have been in Milan, and there wouldn't have been as big a crowd in all probability.

I'd rather see one of the teams at home (should be the league winners) to ensure there is a decent crowd.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The way things have gone in the build-up to this game should really prompt a review of the organisation of the Supercoppa.

If the FIGC/Lega wanted this game played in Beijing to market Italian football, Juve shouldn't have been able to pull out of that in order to line their own pockets by playing games in America and then saying Beijing didn't fit their schedule.
Wasn't there an agreement that 3 out of 4 Supercups have to be played in Beijing (starting in 2010 I think)? Therefore Juve didn't have to play in China this time around? Whereas next season it must be played in China no matter what.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wasn't there an agreement that 3 out of 4 Supercups have to be played in Beijing (starting in 2010 I think)? Therefore Juve didn't have to play in China this time around? Whereas next season it must be played in China no matter what.
:boh:

Shouldn't be left for the clubs to decide.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Where would you suggest?

This one could only have been in Milan, and there wouldn't have been as big a crowd in all probability.

I'd rather see one of the teams at home (should be the league winners) to ensure there is a decent crowd.
Inter are using the Meazza to play a Coppa Italia match the same day anyway. Still though, playing it at the Olimpico does give Lazio an advantage. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to please everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)