[Supercoppa Italiana - Final] JUVENTUS 1-3 Lazio [December 22nd, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What annoys me is how bonucci is saying how lazio are in peak condition both physically and mentally, sorry but how are we not able to match that?
hmmmm whose responsibility within the organization is it to ensure the team is in peak condition? its almost like football clubs pay a guy to ensure that is the case.

so when lazio are in peak condition, and juventus are not...what conclusions can we draw? that the person lazio is paying to manage this is doing a better job then the person juventus is paying to manage this?

what do you think? is that a fair assessment?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Disappointing result, although we played them in red hot form. They are clearly a lot deeper into their project than we are and it was evident from early in the game. Inzaghi has been there 3 years now so it's unfair to expect us to look as cohesive as them, but you can always expect better or for our quality to be a leveller.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
hmmmm whose responsibility within the organization is it to ensure the team is in peak condition? its almost like football clubs pay a guy to ensure that is the case.

so when lazio are in peak condition, and juventus are not...what conclusions can we draw? that the person lazio is paying to manage this is doing a better job then the person juventus is paying to manage this?

what do you think? is that a fair assessment?
I don't think it's physically possible to be in top condition for the whole season. Teams as ours who want to compete for trophies aim to be in top form spring time. By that time the goal is to have the top spot within reach and qualify for the knock outs in CL.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Disappointing result, although we played them in red hot form. They are clearly a lot deeper into their project than we are and it was evident from early in the game. Inzaghi has been there 3 years now so it's unfair to expect us to look as cohesive as them, but you can always expect better or for our quality to be a leveller.
A lot comes down to the difference in midfield I'd say. It's no coincidence Juve have lost to Lazio under Allegri too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A lot comes down to the difference in midfield I'd say. It's no coincidence Juve have lost to Lazio under Allegri too.
We beat Lazio the vast majority of the time under Max, and never lost by multiple goals iirc, twice in a couple weeks looking even worse the second match. But I agree they have a midfield that can impose itself over ours these past 3 years.

Dislike Max or not, he was a far superior coach with regards to tinkering and making do with pieces that don’t necessarily fit together well. Sarri clearly needs very specific qualities in his players to have them play the sort of football he wants. And it’s on our management if they hired him knowing this, and didn’t address it during Mercato.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
nobody gives a shit about the el. he schooled us twice in two weeks, he deserves all credit for it.
It would be stupid wasting energy playing in EU instead of fighting for top 4. Unless you go all the way and try to win it in order to play in Champions League.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Don’t expect any signings. Major ones anyway. Paratici thinks the squad is perfect as it is.
Well doesn’t Paratici of all people have to say (believe) that? He’s the one who constructed the squad and ended the summer saying that rather emphatically. If he walks that back by reinforcing the squad then it’s an indictment on the bank teller he and his moron partner Nedved hired so thirstingly as well as on his own work merely patching the midfield yet again.

Just two idiots slowly running an empire into the ground.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
If you look at Sarri's Napoli, he pretty much got the perfect players for his system on that tight budget. Now he has the budget but the wrong players for his system. We'd look completely different with Mertens and Allan.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:agree:

That's what managers who got their jobs more due to luck and fortunate circumstances rather than thanks to their professional level do. Like Pioli when he was at Inter. They cling to their jobs because they know it's likely their once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and they don't really belong there. Which means that if this is the mindset of your coach then you made a huge mistake by appointing him.

Sure. But you dont know that this is Sarri's thinking. His career trajectory was on the rise.

Which is more likely:

A) he somehow lucked his way to making Napoli good and Chelsea finish in top 4 and win the Europa league, and he knows. He just walks into interviews and pretends to be confident, and managed to fool both Chelsea and Juve management into thinking he is a good coach, when really he knows he has no clue what he is doing and is looking for a big final payday.

B) He believed he can make it work with the resources/plan that he agreed to follow with the club management. He is just failing to make it work thus far.

The latter is obviously much more likely. They hired a guy with a solid promising resume known for a type of football that we want the club to use moving forward. He believed he is going into a top club with amazing resources that he believed he can take very far. Its just not working out. No money grabbing coach, no stupid management. The dude even spoke out against the players and the club at Chelsea where he was making top dollars knowing how trigger happy they are with firing coaches. If he was just a money grabber he would have stayed silent and milked them for as long as possible.

I dont know why you are resisting the obvious possibility that he thought he could do better with this group and this midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you sneaked in the "Mourinho only got 500m to spend and they didn't give him enough resources" part :lol:
But thats not what I said is it. He wasn't given the resources he was promised is what I said.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Sure. But you dont know that this is Sarri's thinking.
I didn't write that that was Sarri's thinking. I just supported the logic you explained in the message I replied to, and I specifically used Pioli at Inter, not Sarri at Juventus, as an example.

My point was that it's impossible to use the argument like "he just couldn't refuse such an offer" as a justification for any decision-making process and at the same time not to make all parties involved (the coach, the management) look incompetent.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Unsurprisingly, this game caused Hist to wake up from his slumber and Montero to watch our games again
Unsurprisingly, @pavluska keeps reading the situation as flawlessly as ever.

No, I didn't watch the game. Since Sarri's appointment, I partially watched three games though (Inter, Milan, Lazio, all in Serie A). From what I saw, all of them were far from impressive by Juventus (I don't get why people admire the game against Inter - it wasn't terrible, but not exciting either, especially considering the risky high backline performance and the plethora of options Inter had while quickly mounting their attacks).

I didn't want to post anything here after any of those games in order not to look "i-told-you-so"-y, so I waited for a more neutral occasion. But the more I wait, the worse things seem to get, and the general Tuz sentiment has been getting more and more gloomy.

I didn't want to spoil the party if people in here had something to celebrate. It's been half a year since Sarri took over the squad and the management allegedly did a great job on the transfer market. No party yet. "Unsurprisingly" (c) @pavluska.

But hey, there's no need to tell me "you should wait until the end of the season before making any conclusions". I got it. No one should expect the promised sarriball in the first 38 Serie A rounds of the season. Also, all the excuses that weren't good enough for Allegri (like nonexistent midfield and the lack of players the coach needs in general) now are more than sufficient for Sarri. I got it too, no worries.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Unsurprisingly, @pavluska keeps reading the situation as flawlessly as ever.

No, I didn't watch the game. Since Sarri's appointment, I partially watched three games though (Inter, Milan, Lazio, all in Serie A). From what I saw, all of them were far from impressive by Juventus (I don't get why people admire the game against Inter - it wasn't terrible, but not exciting either, especially considering the risky high backline performance and the plethora of options Inter had while quickly mounting their attacks).

I didn't want to post anything here after any of those games in order not to look "i-told-you-so"-y, so I waited for a more neutral occasion. But the more I wait, the worse things seem to get, and the general Tuz sentiment has been getting more and more gloomy.

I didn't want to spoil the party if people in here had something to celebrate. It's been half a year since Sarri took over the squad and the management allegedly did a great job on the transfer market. No party yet. "Unsurprisingly" (c) @pavluska.

But hey, there's no need to tell me "you should wait until the end of the season before making any conclusions". I got it. No one should expect the promised sarriball in the first 38 Serie A rounds of the season. Also, all the excuses that weren't good enough for Allegri (like nonexistent midfield and the lack of players the coach needs in general) now are more than sufficient for Sarri. I got it too, no worries.
Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

You know when you quote, we get a notification. There's no need to mention.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I didn't write that that was Sarri's thinking. I just supported the logic you explained in the message I replied to, and I specifically used Pioli at Inter, not Sarri at Juventus, as an example.

My point was that it's impossible to use the argument like "he just couldn't refuse such an offer" as a justification for any decision-making process and at the same time not to make all parties involved (the coach, the management) look incompetent.
We are in agreement then. I misunderstood you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Anyone defending Sarri after yet another abysmal performance and getting owned by Inzaghi TWICE in TWO weeks, an Inzaghi managing an inferior squad with 1/5th of our budget, should probably wait until we actually play a good game under this pseudo-coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)