[Supercoppa Italiana - Final] JUVENTUS 1-3 Lazio [December 22nd, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I'm sure the players cared about it more than a regular league match in a dozen we get and they had a chance to win a trophy. Which doesn't make it meaningless
I don't doubt it. It's meaningless to me though. If they canceled this match I wouldn't have cared. Can't say that about the other competitions though.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't know about others, but for me this is a one-game competition, played thousands of miles away from Italy, and sometimes one of the participants has not won any trophy (like Milan last year). It's sometimes played in the summer and sometimes in winter. It's as meaningless as it gets.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see it teams that spend as much as Juve should not lose to Lazio twice in 2 weeks. I just don't care about this one-match trophy. It's funny that they even have silver medals for this. It's like a participation trophy.
my disappointment is not about the trophy in first place. we could have lost in an unlucky way, creating a lot, hitting the post a few times, getting fucked by injuries or wrong ref decisions, but none of this happened. lazio beat us fair and square, for the 2nd time in 2 weeks, and we showed the same weakness: weak defending, weak attacking, weak gameplan, weak motivation. that bothers me much more than losing the trophy. 5 months after sarri's appointment, we're a weaker team.

let that sink in: worst defense in 8 years. that's a fact now, and fixing it is gonna be an uphill climb.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Meaningless competition. Nevertheless, losing to the same team twice hurts.
It is of course the most meaningless “title” out of all the trophies on offer, but it’s still an official game and is there to be won

I’m more pissed off by the abject performance and the complete lack of attacking plan and horrendously porous defence than I am wit anything else. This is the second time Lazio have torn us to shreds in two weeks. Sarri didn’t learn a thing from the previous game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No matter what it is, the match remains an official title. And here's one title lost.
Agreed. For me, it's just the most meaningless title. I'll judge the chainsmoker on what we do in the remaining three. But these two matches against Lazio don't provide much optimism. They are a pretty good team that plays an open, attacking style, and is quite poor at the back, the open style we keep getting told Sarriball will thrive against... and we got smashed 6-2 by them over 180 minutes. Embarrassing.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
my disappointment is not about the trophy in first place. we could have lost in an unlucky way, creating a lot, hitting the post a few times, getting fucked by injuries or wrong ref decisions, but none of this happened. lazio beat us fair and square, for the 2nd time in 2 weeks, and we showed the same weakness: weak defending, weak attacking, weak gameplan, weak motivation. that bothers me much more than losing the trophy. 5 months after sarri's appointment, we're a weaker team.

let that sink in: worst defense in 8 years. that's a fact now, and fixing it is gonna be an uphill climb.
Exactly. Mine too. Did we ever lose to a team twice in one season after Bayern 2013? We lost to Samp twice in 2013-14 season but the second game was totally meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Winning and losing are part and parcel of sport
Somebody here said once that the reason we lost is that "the other team also wanted to win". This post reminded me of that one.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Exactly. Mine too. Did we ever lose to a team twice in one season after Bayern 2013? We lost to Samp twice in 2013-14 season but the second game was totally meaningless.
lazio a couple of years ago: supercoppa + home game in the league.

anyway, this defending is just plain unacceptable from juventus. we're averaging over 1 goals per games at the back, that means zero tituli. back to the drawing board.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody here said once that the reason we lost is that "the other team also wanted to win". This post reminded me of that one.
We lost the SUpercoppa on penalties to Milan in 16-17 and lost 1-0 to them at home in October as well.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand the disappointment but it is not the end of the world

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Surely they are used to it by now.
Mirabelli almost signed Ronaldo and they have the greatest striker in the world.

Meh result. I don't even care that much.
Those who agreed to play mid-week should partially take the blame for this result. The team looks tired since the second half of the sampdoria match.
I'm not surprised we looked off like we usually do after a cl game mid-week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)