Super Cup in Tokyo (1 Viewer)

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
Tokyo eyes Italian Super Cup Wednesday 4 June, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Tokyo is being considered as a possible venue for the Italian Super Cup Final this summer.

Reports from Asia suggest that talks have commenced in an attempt for the Japanese capital to host the traditional Italian season opener.

Scudetto holders Juventus will face Coppa Italia winners Milan in what will be a repeat of the Champions’ League Final.

There is talk that the tie will take place on either the 24 or 25 August in Tokyo’s Olympic Stadium or in Yokohama where the 2002 World Cup Final took place.

Last year’s Super Cup match between Juventus and Parma, won by the Bianconeri, was staged in Libya.

WHAT U THINK:D:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
sounds good except for 2 things:

1. Tokyo is usually the venue of the Intercontanental Cup (the CL winner vs. the Coppa Lib. winner)
2. I hope it's not too close to the start of the season as it could exaust the players before serie A even starts. Dont' forget that Juve is already traveling to the USA this summer :D

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    sounds good except for 2 things:

1. Tokyo is usually the venue of the Intercontanental Cup (the CL winner vs. the Coppa Lib. winner)
    2. I hope it's not too close to the start of the season as it could exaust the players before serie A even starts. Dont' forget that Juve is already traveling to the USA this summer :D
    tell me a bout (traveling to the USA this summer )???

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    The idea is to generate more interest. They tried it the first time in 1994, Milan vs Torino in the USA, and the stadium was packed with people. Last year was another success.

I think it`s more than fair to play it in countries with a high fanbase....maybeo ne day they will play it in malta :D

NEDVED-11

Jun 4, 2003
    hello

in asia its not allowed to play with any team from east of asia .. so it not allowed to travel to these countries ..
    i wish juve's and millan's palyers be perfect

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by hussain1982 ] ++

tell me a bout (traveling to the USA this summer )???
    Juventus are gonna play against ManU this summer (Jul 30th).
    this is for sure...i already have the tickets :cool:

i heard juve may also play Barca in the US, but i think the tour is only for ManU. (they'll play Juve, Barca, and i think Celtic)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    My hit Juve is right that Japan is relatively SARS free.

Anyway, it will rare occasion to see Juve if I can get a ticket.:). Serie A has huge following, and there are many Juve and Milan fans here(Milan would probably pip Juve in terms of following), so there would be plenty of crowd I am sure. Shinji got a tremendous reception on his return to Urawa recently.:cool:.
    And there is of course, millions of Del Piero fans.;).

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    it should be somewhere in america since its cheaper for me to go! my parents dont want to take me to the juve-man utd match so the suppercoppa would be an excellent excuse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)