Super Champions League (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
I'd like to see a 24 team tournament made up of the champion's of the top most of europe's soccer playing countries. Then it would be really cool to have 8 two-stage round, in a 256 team tourney for the UEFA cup.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Byrone said:
I know this is highly unlikely but it would be so awesome to have the "Champions" of each country battle it out against each other.None of this crap letting 4th placed teams that are 20 points behind in their respective leagues.

I know it would not be fair to exclude the teams if there was a difference in points like 1 or 3.

In essence , what is the "Champions League"?

What do you guys think?
Are you only considering Europe? Because there are other places in the world too. Brazil and Argentina host a plethera of teams that have the ability to hold with our favorites european teams. Should they be invited as well? Have you heard of the World Club Championship?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Enron said:
Are you only considering Europe? Because there are other places in the world too. Brazil and Argentina host a plethera of teams that have the ability to hold with our favorites european teams. Should they be invited as well? Have you heard of the World Club Championship?
It is, after all, the UEFA Champions' League.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
This is what happens when UEFA controls the competition industry. The UEFA Cup should include more teams while the UCL should be fore Champions and second placed teams at most. Have they been forced to explain why they made their changes? Are they answerable to anyone?

UCL: League winners. Second depending on coefficients. No qualifying. 24 total teams. 4 6-team groups, top two going into QF Knockouts.

UEFA: Everybody else. Having to fight tooth and nail against 10,000 teams to victory. Whichever smaller team wins this will know what REAL glory is all about. Underrepresented leagues with shitty teams get a shortcut into third qualifying or group stage.

Naked CL Pix to come soon.

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    Enron said:
    Yes Europe Only! I agree with you that teams from brazil & argentina will give european teams a run for their money!

The World Club Championship is a joke, complete waste of time cause not all of the teams play each other.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm of two minds about JN. Regardless, I'm fairly clear on my position here - I really don't like that article.

If we don't seed things like the CL, then the big clubs will have to play even more games every year, putting pressure on UEFA and FIFA to do one of two things to reduce it - change the way international football works, or reduce the number of smaller teams in the competitions they play in. I really, really don't like either option.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Desmond said:
    It is, after all, the UEFA Champions' League.
    Yeah I know that. I was just wondering. It would be nice to have a true World Club tournament. Get a true world champion, instead of that crappy WCC.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    I think the way CL is right now is ok....because its more interesting imo, and also more games so more games to watch also....i know its because of money.....but i like the way it is now...more games, more games in group stage and etc...it makes the competition harder imo....

If we would have only teams like:

Barca
    Juve
    Chelsea
    Bayern
    Lyon
    Psv

Then there would be less games and the competition wouldnt last so long....
    For example

Juve-Lyon= juve
    Barca-Bayern=barca
    Chelsea-psv=chelsea
    And now?

Also, think if juve might loose seria a titel in the last game by 1 point to milan?? I know you might say it wont happen...yes it wont happen now...but those things can happen later...why juve went so far in CL was also because milan got a little bit weaker(after their early 90-s), and juve got stronger.....so they won the leageu...

I like the way the competition is now...many teams and you cant predict who can win it...what i dont like is that there is too much luck needed...those draws...too many draws imo...they should come up with a new system, only one draw! in the autumn and then it all goes its own way....

What i dont like is, 3th in the group go to uefa cup....thats something what i dont like....already the thing that they qualifyd the year before to the CL competition and those others uefa cup shows that they are stronger....and very often a team who comes from the CL wins it(like valencia did, if i am right).....this year i think Shalke might win it.....because the teams in CL are much stronger....It just ruins the chanse for the smaller/weaker teams like (palermo, samp, monaco)....

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
    that'll be boring.....and if small teams are not allowed to play...how are we gonna discover new talents....and its much more exciting for the game. Big teams get all the recognition but its not like they beat every singleteam. (IMO)

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Stephan said:
    I think the way CL is right now is ok....because its more interesting imo, and also more games so more games to watch also....i know its because of money.....but i like the way it is now...more games, more games in group stage and etc...it makes the competition harder imo....

Barca
    Juve
    Chelsea
    Bayern
    Lyon
    Psv

For example

Juve-Lyon= juve
    Barca-Bayern=barca
    Chelsea-psv=chelsea
    And now?

Also, think if juve might loose seria a titel in the last game by 1 point to milan?? I know you might say it wont happen...yes it wont happen now...but those things can happen later...why juve went so far in CL was also because milan got a little bit weaker(after their early 90-s), and juve got stronger.....so they won the leageu...

I like the way the competition is now...many teams and you cant predict who can win it...what i dont like is that there is too much luck needed...those draws...too many draws imo...they should come up with a new system, only one draw! in the autumn and then it all goes its own way....

What i dont like is, 3th in the group go to uefa cup....thats something what i dont like....already the thing that they qualifyd the year before to the CL competition and those others uefa cup shows that they are stronger....and very often a team who comes from the CL wins it(like valencia did, if i am right).....this year i think Shalke might win it.....because the teams in CL are much stronger....It just ruins the chanse for the smaller/weaker teams like (palermo, samp, monaco)....

See CL a couple years ago? Porto v. Monaco.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Natalia said:
    that'll be boring.....and if small teams are not allowed to play...how are we gonna discover new talents....and its much more exciting for the game. Big teams get all the recognition but its not like they beat every singleteam. (IMO)
    I agree but Id like to add to your argument that without many teams we would not get the chance to see the Benficas of the world upset the powerhouses, which makes the CL great.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Stephan said:

Barca
    Juve
    Chelsea
    Bayern
    Lyon
    Psv

For example

Juve-Lyon= juve
    Barca-Bayern=barca
    Chelsea-psv=chelsea
    And now?

Go watch the old competition and then tell me it was boring.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Natalia said:
    You replayed to my comment? whats boring? i said its fine now...smaller teams also have chanse and can surprise......you never know what might even happen with juve-bremen game....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    I dont understand you.....its fine now...because then we can see differant games....if only every league winner gets to play in CL...then we might see every year barca-juve game for example....or chelsea-lyon game for example.......look france league....other teams whould not have any chanse with the old system....

Same time some hoped we wont draw with barca, chelsa, lyon.....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    Go watch the old competition and then tell me it was boring.
    there was less games and some teams meat often(real-juve for example, milan-barca, milan-ajax)....and you dont upset me with that comment....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)