Super Champions League (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I know this is highly unlikely but it would be so awesome to have the "Champions" of each country battle it out against each other.None of this crap letting 4th placed teams that are 20 points behind in their respective leagues.

I know it would not be fair to exclude the teams if there was a difference in points like 1 or 3.

In essence , what is the "Champions League"?

What do you guys think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I would like to see an european league with these teams every year:

Juventus, milan, Inter
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia ?
Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool
Lyon, Monaco?
Bayern Munich, Schalke ?
PSV, Ajax
Porto
Dynamo Kiev?
+??
:D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dude, that was the old competition, then UEFA started adding the second place teams and then we reached this pathetic format we are living at the moment.

Oh how I wish the old C1 comes back.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca said:

Juventus, milan, Inter
Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool
Lyon, Monaco?
Bayern Munich, Schalke ?
PSV, Ajax
Porto
Dynamo Kiev?
+??
Pathetic, this is the disaster and the death of football.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Jeeks said:
Dude, that was the old competition, then UEFA started adding the second place teams and then we reached this pathetic format we are living at the moment.

:agree:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Jeeks said:
Pathetic, this is the disaster and the death of football.
Maresca said:

Juventus, milan, Inter
Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool
Lyon, Monaco?
Bayern Munich, Schalke ?
PSV, Ajax
Porto
Dynamo Kiev?
+??

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Jeeks said:

:agree:

I cant stand 1 season wonder teams gettin into the champions league!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    The nice thing about one season wonders getting in is that their CL campaign becomes a windfall for them and helps them maintain their team financially instead of having to sell out.

But then again, its very rare that any of these clubs have a meaningful CL campaign.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Desmond said:
    The nice thing about one season wonders getting in is that their CL campaign becomes a windfall for them and helps them maintain their team financially instead of having to sell out.

But then again, its very rare that any of these clubs have a meaningful CL campaign.
    Actually its a screw up, cause their squads are so thin & cant take the pressure of the the league, cl league & respective domestic cups

Look at Leeds Utd & Real Sociedad

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    I would like a CL2 for loosers...

Roma, Lazio, Inter
    Real, Valencia, Atletico Madrid
    Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle
    Marsielle, Paris SG
    Werder Bremen, Hamburg
    Feyernoord
    Standard Liege...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Holygr4le said:
    I would like a CL2 for loosers...

Roma, Lazio, Inter
    Real, Valencia, Atletico Madrid
    Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle
    Marsielle, Paris SG
    Werder Bremen, Hamburg
    Feyernoord
    Standard Liege...
    I would not call that CL2, may be loosers league, or Inter-League:D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    too true the european cup was much better as you HAD TO WIN THE TITLE in your own country to qualify and the UEFA cup was a very good tourny which was hard to win,now though it is being degraded with the crap that gets into it and then the failures from the Cl coming into it after they lose the chance to progress in the premier competition,its all a mess. this has all come about as the top clubs wanted more money,well they have it and they have killed off all chances of smaller teams(nottingham forest for example) getting enough money to challenge for the title and geta run at the best teams in europe

Dec 8, 2005
    If they give medals for first second and third position in other sports, y do they keep this ridicilous rule to let the 4th placed teams in the best leagues join the CL too? UEFA AND FIFA are pathetic. There are 32 teams in the world cup finals and 32 teams in the CL soon there will be 32 in the European championships. They will have to go to 48 or 64 next ....soon everybody will play everywhere so they could increase their TV rights money...

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    headsprunggg said:
    If they give medals for first second and third position in other sports, y do they keep this ridicilous rule to let the 4th placed teams in the best leagues join the CL too? UEFA AND FIFA are pathetic. There are 32 teams in the world cup finals and 32 teams in the CL soon there will be 32 in the European championships. They will have to go to 48 or 64 next ....soon everybody will play everywhere so they could increase their TV rights money...
    its all about the money bro.....
    we have this idiotic situation in scotland where rangers and celtic have used religious bigotry for years to grow a large support in this country and ireland(making people choose to support a side due to their religious denomination) now though they have been trying to get a move to the english premiershit as they have sucked all the money out of the game in this country but TBh the english dont want them

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Jeeks said:

And the Europa cup 2, what's now the Uefa cup, wasn't such an inferior competition. The Europa Cup 2 often even had more quality teams in it.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    soo true. Imagine a nice little competition between:

Barca
    Juve
    Chelsea
    Bayern
    Lyon...

less matches, more fun. And the winner would really be the best.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    headsprunggg said:
    It is all about the money. Many sports have taken to this for TV revenues. Look at what happened to sports like North American baseball (multiple divisions, wild cards, etc.), American football (multiple wild card teams), basketball (nearly half the teams pretty much make the NBA playoffs), and worst of all, the NHL (pretty much everybody but the most dismal teams make the playoffs).

While it has increased TV revenues, it also greatly diluted the product, IMO. This is also the reason why the UEFA Cup has become worthless: the qualification net for the CL has become so large that the UEFA Cup has been robbed of any good remaining talent.

Knowing the trends, I know of no competition nor league that has actually decreased its playoff configuration. It's like the 2nd law of thermodynamics ( the Law of Entropy)... but call it the Law of Televised Sports: the number of playoff teams in a given tournament can remain level or increase, but never decrease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)