Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So we're going to give up on Zakaria, just like that? The dude played like 30 minutes in his natural position, as opposed to being played out of position as a right-sided b2b for 99% of his time here. We're that impatient and stupid, huh.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
So we're going to give up on Zakaria, just like that? The dude played like 30 minutes in his natural position, as opposed to being played out of position as a right-sided b2b for 99% of his time here. We're that impatient and stupid, huh.
I'm not surprised anymore by the decisions made by this mgmt/coach. What can we then say about Kean, who is also unwanted after playing 1400 mins. Wouldn't be surprised that we will be selling Gatti in Winter and Kostic next summer, because ALLEGRI doesn't see them as cb or LW.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
With Zakaria and Belotti , Roma’s mercato is 10/10. They are much stronger in midfield and attack than us. And same level in defence as us. 3rd best team in the league right now. And we are on same level as Napoli, as our idiots are working hard to decrease team’s quality to Napoli level

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
With Zakaria and Belotti , Roma’s mercato is 10/10. They are much stronger in midfield and attack than us. And same level in defence as us. 3rd best team in the league right now. And we are on same level as Napoli, as our idiots are working hard to decrease team’s quality to Napoli level
Exactly, Matic and Zakaria behind Pellegrini is probably second best mid in league, for me even better than Milan's

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We need more experience - Allegri.
I'm not surprised anymore by the decisions made by this mgmt/coach. What can we then say about Kean, who is also unwanted after playing 1400 mins. Wouldn't be surprised that we will be selling Gatti in Winter and Kostic next summer, because ALLEGRI doesn't see them as cb or LW.
I'm finding myself disagreeing with this club in virtually every decision it makes now.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
It doesn't matter how old he is he is way better than all those bums, cant believe you even dared to bring up berna lol
It matters, because is a temporary solution and we can't expect him to start every match. but i am optimistic that he can produce the same as Dybala last year.

Berna was a squad player and nothing more but now we have none. (Someone metioned Kostic , i do not see him as attacker personally but i can accept it.)

And no Morata replacement with the possibility to be Milik. Here we have a big downgrade.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not only giving up on him, we're selling him to a rival in order to buy certified trash with higher salary.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

This confirms to me what I knew all along... there was NO PLAN at all about our transfers... our only plan from day one was "Lets get Pogba and wait for Di Maria" from that point on ALL of our moves have been completly reactive and no proactive!!

This way of working only works to "cover the holes" of the team not to REINFORCE the team...

I understand that this Zakaria thing is because we cant sell Arthur and Rabiot but the fact that now we are willing to sacrifice players to brind Paredes only confirms me that the people in charge of the market did a terrible job.

Lets be honest here, this market we havent solve NOTHING of the probblems we had!

We have a worst defensive line... our midfield depends on the health of Pogba and the hope we can bring Paredes, who presonally dont think solves nothing in our midfield, and in the attack we bougth a great player but a player that is a very temporally fix...

Awful job from our management and Allegri if he was involve...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This confirms to me what I knew all along... there was NO PLAN at all about our transfers... our only plan from day one was "Lets get Pogba and wait for Di Maria" from that point on ALL of our moves have been completly reactive and no proactive!!

This way of working only works to "cover the holes" of the team not to REINFORCE the team...

I understand that this Zakaria thing is because we cant sell Arthur and Rabiot but the fact that now we are willing to sacrifice players to brind Paredes only confirms me that the people in charge of the market did a terrible job.

Lets be honest here, this market we havent solve NOTHING of the probblems we had!

We have a worst defensive line... our midfield depends on the health of Pogba and the hope we can bring Paredes, who presonally dont think solves nothing in our midfield, and in the attack we bougth a great player but a player that is a very temporally fix...

Awful job from our management and Allegri if he was involve...
That really isn't true.

Zakaria was offered way back first for Morata, then for Zaniolo. It was clear from the start that he wasn't unsellable or whatever.

I like him, but he is not a difference maker and if he can help 1) create space for a player that the coach really wants and 2) possibly unlock the Zaniolo deal it's a no-brainer

People here shit on this midfield day and night but God forbid someone other than Rabiot is sold

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
That really isn't true.

Zakaria was offered way back first for Morata, then for Zaniolo. It was clear from the start that he wasn't unsellable or whatever.

I like him, but he is not a difference maker and if he can help 1) create space for a player that the coach really wants and 2) possibly unlock the Zaniolo deal it's a no-brainer

People here shit on this midfield day and night but God forbid someone other than Rabiot is sold
the fact that you still think we can get Zaniolo baffles me…

Jun 16, 2020
That really isn't true.

The board is dumb and it doesn’t add to the confidence we have in them whatsoever. We bought a decent DM for next to nothing, misused him as a box to box and try to offload him after 6 months while he could remain for a lot longer than Rabiot for example

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The board is dumb and it doesn’t add to the confidence we have in them whatsoever. We bought a decent DM for next to nothing, misused him as a box to box and try to offload him after 6 months while he could remain for a lot longer than Rabiot for example
DM is not the same in different systems. For Allegri there has to be someone good on the ball and under pressure, he was never going to be played at DM and it is not the only position he can play. In Switzerland he plays more advanced for example

Idk if it is dumb by the board or not, I don't see Zak as a difference maker anywhere, but please we tried to sell Rabiot and he rejected. I wouldn't sell him just to get Paredes, but if he can unlock Zaniolo too...

Also, you cannot complain that Locatelli is being wasted as a DM and then also complain that the club is doing everything possible to get someone who would push Loca forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)